Author Topic: Celtics (6-4) at Pistons (1-9) 11/18  (Read 32392 times)

Re: Celtics (6-4) at Pistons (1-9) 11/18
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
The Celtics were worse than flat. They flat out stunk tonight.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
There will be lots of excuses made tonight in the quotes on the front page game story thread, but there is nothing that justifies this crap. Trades need to be made. The style needs to be changed.

Glad you're not a GM.

One game.

Step away from the edge.

This.

Funny, I couldn't find vinnie when the "9 million dollar man" played great the last 2 games and yet here he is again when everything seems to go downhill for one game.

I'll give him props though, he was right about changing styles, screw the small ball. But he's the biggest complainer in this forum, by far.

The $9 million man has played two good games out of 11 and I praised him after both. He stinks.

He was getting it together until this game, where everyone seemed to stunk up. Can it be that the reason he stinks tonight was because of that?

And you just said it. 11 games. 11 games of roster experiments and people still don't know their roles yet. You're calling this way to early.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65
The only thing I learned from this game is that if we play Memphis in the finals, we're screwed.

I'm confident we can beat the Pistons in a seven game series, though.  :P

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
There will be lots of excuses made tonight in the quotes on the front page game story thread, but there is nothing that justifies this crap. Trades need to be made. The style needs to be changed.

Glad you're not a GM.

One game.

Step away from the edge.

This.

Funny, I couldn't find vinnie when the "9 million dollar man" played great the last 2 games and yet here he is again when everything seems to go downhill for one game.

I'll give him props though, he was right about changing styles, screw the small ball. But he's the biggest complainer in this forum, by far.

The $9 million man has played two good games out of 11 and I praised him after both. He stinks.

The 1 thing that really bugs me about Green is that he plays the game in slow motion. I want to see hard quick cuts to the basket. His best attribute is that he is long for a 3, and fast as a 3 or 4. But... he doesn't use that speed very often.

I really hope he gets it and locks in. Otherwise, this is going to be painful.

« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Well, I didn't expect this result, to be honest.
But I'm not going to read too much into this, really. We lacked effort and just totaled 12 assists (2 by the players not named Rondo, none by any other starter). Clearly, things weren't working out.
But there is no need to hit the panic button with a loss against the Pistons, as it's crystal clear that the result isn't something normal and the overall basketball played wasn't what you normally get out of this Celtics core.

« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
But I'm not going to read too much into this, really. We lacked effort and just totaled 12 assists (2 by the players not named Rondo, none by any other starter). Clearly, things weren't working out.
But there is no need to hit the panic button with a loss against the Pistons, as it's crystal clear that the result isn't something normal and the overall basketball played wasn't what you normally get out of this Celtics core.

what seems obvious is we have too many average jump shooters who are NOT getting it done right now. how about trading some for a post up big? who can score? and rebound? guess it does not matter if doc keeps telling them to take the jump shot instead of driving or posting up for a high % shot. SMH
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I was predicting a letdown,  it got out of hand , and most of the team just didn't care , just wanted to go home.

Well ..............llll ....I wish I could get out of my job that easy , walk away and still cash a million dollar paycheck.

A waste of time to watch.

« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
kyle freaking singler gets 14/2/2 ?

wow

« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

what seems obvious is we have too many average jump shooters who are NOT getting it done right now. how about trading some for a post up big? who can score? and rebound? guess it does not matter if doc keeps telling them to take the jump shot instead of driving or posting up for a high % shot. SMH
how many of those are in da league let alone da tradin block tho? lls

« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2012, 10:40:46 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

how many of those are in da league let alone da tradin block tho? lls

we can rebound now when we put our minds to it on the defensive side. KG does not post up enough. Some help is better than none right?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I honestly lost interest in the game when the Seattle Sounders cranked up toward the end of the third quarter. I just knew this was not the Celtics night and they have a lot of trouble matching up to the agressive style of Detriot. The Pistons wanted this game a lot more than we did and it showed up big time in the 3rd qtr. Hopefully Sullenger left the building with much more confidence in his game and that would be the only positive.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Glad you're not a GM.

One game.

Step away from the edge.

This.

He was getting it together until this game, where everyone seemed to stunk up. Can it be that the reason he stinks tonight was because of that?

And you just said it. 11 games. 11 games of roster experiments and people still don't know their roles yet. You're calling this way to early.

11 turns to 22 then 44..where does it end?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Glad you're not a GM.

One game.

Step away from the edge.

This.

11 turns to 22 then 44..where does it end?

On a few occasions with KG & co. it ends in the playoffs when they turn it up several notches.
Yup

« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2012, 02:50:02 AM »

Kiorrik

it ends in the playoffs when they turn it up several notches.
Almost:

It ends in the finals, where we snatch the trophy from any would-be's.