Author Topic: Tough One To Swallow To Say The Least.......  (Read 2099 times)

Tough One To Swallow To Say The Least.......
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Horrible, down right laughable rebounding in the first half. That's what really cost us the game but despite that we were in the lead going in the 4th. We clawed our way back with an outstanding 3rd quarter. Only to have a subpar 4th quarter and fall to the nets 102-97. Well i thought it would be our offense that lost this game for us with rondo being out but instead it was our rebounding defense and alot of wide open missed shots and free throws in the 4th that did it.

Rondo was NOT the reason we lost this game folks. I was actually surprised at how well we were still scoring despite him. I was also surprised to see pierce miss the 3 biggest points in the game. I say 3 biggest because he should have made that layup and then finished the play with a free throw. Instead he missed the layup plus both free throws. Terry also missed a couple of big free throws that would have extended the game. It was a tough fought game and while some might be satisfied and happy we came this close without rondo, I'm disappointed we let one get away. I'm not too big on moral victories.

Re: Tough One To Swallow To Say The Least.......
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 11:31:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I understand your angst, but if you're upset about THIS one, then you have 70 or so more games to get wound up about.

We could've won, but there will be others. The way BOS has played lately, I'm still happy with the results.

In CHI, MIL, and Utah, we beat 3 probable playoff teams. CHI, even without DRose, is a 2nd round team in the playoffs. And we just beat them on their homecourt.

We beat a youthful and talented MIL roster - again, on the road.

I'd loved to get this one, but there are more games left. TOR and DET come up this weekend.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Why?

We played for about 15 minutes tonight and almost won despite missing our best player.  We win this game if Pierce doesn't commit a series of fluky, uncharacteristic blunders at the worst possible time.

I agree that the rebounding was unacceptable.  They'll need to bring somebody in to help in that department.  But in the meantime, I see no reason to fly off the deep end.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:08 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
We are still a work in progress. The time to peak is not in November. Not having Rondo really hurt.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The refs certainly didn't do us any favors

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17:39 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The refs certainly didn't do us any favors

I was there and they swallowed their whistles on some of those. The flagrant on Barbosa was just that.

Still we lost. Poor execution in the fourth and no presence on the boards. We still just aren't capable of stringing along a consistent effort for 48 minutes.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Im surprised we didn't win this one.  We usually win when Rondo sits out.  Not that we are better without Rondo... it's just that traditionally Pierce steps up huge and the team pulls out a victory.   Came close... but Brooklyn has a solid team over there.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:06:37 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Im surprised we didn't win this one.  We usually win when Rondo sits out.  Not that we are better without Rondo... it's just that traditionally Pierce steps up huge and the team pulls out a victory.   Came close... but Brooklyn has a solid team over there.

We usually won without Rondo last year because Avery Bradley stepped up bigtime.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 04:58:07 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
gotta love how rondo gets a flagrant for fouling wade THE EXACT SAME WAY!!!!! Bogans fouled Barbosa

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 05:08:54 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
gotta love how rondo gets a flagrant for fouling wade THE EXACT SAME WAY!!!!! Bogans fouled Barbosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAyvZBppr6Q

He's grabbing Wade's shoulders. And Wade was ready to physically injure Rondo. Wade is disgusting, seriously.

Put in Darko to KILL WADE

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 06:47:45 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
For the record I think Pierce is playing poorly right now, which he has done at the beginning of the past two seasons. 

I couldn't care less about wins in November.  So long as this team is .500 by the All-Star break I am happy.

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 07:10:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Two glaring things stick out for Celtics.
not having Rondo to direct opening traffic and HE is one of our best rebounders too.  This just got the Celtics off to a really bad start.
#1 NEED A TRUE backup POINT guard

As someone pointed out , missing freethrows didn't help the cause.

We need a "REAL" center to beat and bang for offensive rebounds.  KG does a good job on Defense as  center .  But, it's obvious he doesn't want to rebound on offense. and take the punishment at his age .Sully is too short to deal with the Lopez size Centers.

We need a Lopez/Gasol/Hilbert type big 7 footer to play the Tall-Ball game the Celtics should be playing. Wilcox is a great small ball backup center option to rest a Center.  Fab is years away, Collins sucks, and Darko must be hurt.  SO we are screwed.

#2  still need a TRUE medium quality Center at least.

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we beat them easy with Rondo, he is a simply a force multiplier who makes our whole team better.  Add Rondo and the mentality we showed in the second half on the boards and we'd toast them!

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Tough loss for sure, we didn't miss Rondo's rebounding because Lee really stepped up in that department.  Nets have a lot of pieces, they probably should have won this game, but barely did it without one of our best players.

Also the two halves were two difference stories regarding rebounding.  It seems after the half that Wilcox and Bass really started to box out a lot more, I hope that is something they can continue.

I'm really not concerned with anything that happens before the all-star break, except with injuries.  As the past has shown us, as long as this team makes the playoffs, they certainly have the opportunity to make a lot of noise.

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
Tough loss for sure, we didn't miss Rondo's rebounding because Lee really stepped up in that department.  Nets have a lot of pieces, they probably should have won this game, but barely did it without one of our best players.

They were also missing Gerald Wallace.