Author Topic: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player  (Read 26799 times)

Re: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2012, 09:12:42 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
You said this:

did you feel that way when he was averaging 16.5 PPG and 7 rebounds playing out of position in OKC before they got Ibaka?

I think he'd be fine as one of your top options on offense, assuming the Celtics pushed the ball, which is what rondo does when the old guys get off the floor.

He's a poor man's Danny Granger. I'd pay 8 for that if he was starting.

Clearly this refers to one single season: 08-09, when Green played 36.8 mpg and averaged 16.5 ppg, 6.6 ppg (not quite 7). His career averages on OKC were less than that, since this was easily his best single season of his career. In this season he was generally the second option on a 23 win team that had Durant and a Rookie Westbrook.

As for out of position, that should generally affect his defense, and it did. he was terrible. But as a SF playing PF, his rebounds should have been inflated; 6.6 is terrible for a 37 minute PF and would be good for a true SF. 16.5 ppg, again, his career best, is not that great for the second scoring option for someone playing 37 minutes per game. And he's completely plateaued, with no improvement since that time.

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
I disagree.  I feel like everyone on this team, with the exception of Rondo, Pierce and KG, is trying to find their place.  I think as a SF Green is better than as a PF.  He has tons of potential.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2012, 03:13:21 AM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I'm just going to leave this here, I will keep coming back every week or so to just keep reminding you.

I hear JG isn't so happy with all his detractors, critics, etc.

IRONY!

So here ya go champ.

Hey Jeff Green, I'm happy to hear that you can read. If you ever run out of that money you stole from

the CELTICS. I’m sure you can find a job somewhere. I can tell you though right now, Celtics are the only team that will have you, I suggest you just start doing what you get paid MORE MONEY THAN GOD HAS to do your job. If not, watch out for those soda bombs through drive thrus, or maybe just a nice quiet Library job, it fits your demeanor.

« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2012, 03:27:46 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'm just going to leave this here, I will keep coming back every week or so to just keep reminding you.

I hear JG isn't so happy with all his detractors, critics, etc.

IRONY!

So here ya go champ.

Hey Jeff Green, I'm happy to hear that you can read. If you ever run out of that money you stole from

the CELTICS. I’m sure you can find a job somewhere. I can tell you though right now, Celtics are the only team that will have you, I suggest you just start doing what you get paid MORE MONEY THAN GOD HAS to do your job. If not, watch out for those soda bombs through drive thrus, or maybe just a nice quiet Library job, it fits your demeanor.

Did you see his game against OKC? showed some flashes of brilliance and that he can be the future leader of this team. Jeff just got back from surgery give the man some time hes got all the potential in the world.

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2012, 04:40:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Every time he has a good game like he had against OKC he follows it up with a 1pt 2reb game like he had against Orlando.

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2012, 05:43:45 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
1pt , 2 rb, 0-9 FG... Thank you Jeff Green for causing me what would have been a close win this week in my fantasy league.. Now I'm 3-1!  >:(

« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:36 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Every time he has a good game like he had against OKC he follows it up with a 1pt 2reb game like he had against Orlando.

Different people contributed off the bench this game. That's what makes a good bench. Jeff made an effort to be aggressive this game, the shots just didn't fall.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2012, 06:07:20 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Jeff Green is too soft, Danny Ainge must to try some trade in trade deadline. Green is a player without blood, I already said, Green is not worth 9 million dollars, I think excesive his salary.

Celtics must to try trades, Big Al Jefferson, Josh Smith...

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The positive thing about green tonight is that he made an effort and didn't stand back.
I like that, and I don't mind if he can't get his shot to fall. He has to keep taking his shot and going to the rim.
It was a different kind of bad game.
He played with heart, the ball just didn't go in.

Remember it could take another 20 games for him to get close to what we need. He couldn't walk 9 months ago.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2012, 06:31:02 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
From Forsberg (Doc on the Magic game):

"I thought Jeff played great, he just didn’t score," Rivers said. "He blocked shots, rebounded -- just played a good floor game for us. He just missed some makeable shots, but you can’t do anything about that."

I missed all but the first half of the game. Only saw him miss a couple shots and benched. Can anyone say that this is the case?

I'm hoping he continues working on this if this is indeed the case.

Bass has done exactly this. Despite having some bad games scoring, he's rebounded, brought energy on D and energy in general.

Surprisingly, Barbosa has done so too. And even the Jet. Neither were known for their defense but have played great D.

Jeff Green could definitely do more than scoring. His size and athleticism makes it possible. Rebounding, making a bigger difference on D...kind of like what he's done at the end of the Nets and the Bucks games so far this year.

« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Jeff Green is set up to look like a failure in the fans eyes for the following reason:

1)  His contract is too big.  There are certain expectations for a player making that much.  He has rarely played at that level.

2)  He was traded for Perk. 

3)  The year he missed and the Celtics had a good playoffs has fans "romanticizing" of what could have been with "near star level" Green. 

Green is a good player.  He is looking like the player he was with the Thunder. 

He is not the player some fans are trying to build him up to and thus, he is becoming a disappointment to those who got their hopes up.

« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2012, 07:45:59 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jeff Green is set up to look like a failure in the fans eyes for the following reason:

1)  His contract is too big.  There are certain expectations for a player making that much.  He has rarely played at that level.

3)  The year he missed and the Celtics had a good playoffs has fans "romanticizing" of what could have been with "near star level" Green. 

He is not the player some fans are trying to build him up to and thus, he is becoming a disappointment to those who got their hopes up.

I think the biggest problem is the lack of minutes.

It's tough for a 20-25mpg guy to show he is worth $9 million.

If Green was playing 35mpg and scoring 15-17ppg, fans would be a lot more open to Green earning that $9 million.

« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2012, 08:26:33 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
From Forsberg (Doc on the Magic game):

"I thought Jeff played great, he just didn’t score," Rivers said. "He blocked shots, rebounded -- just played a good floor game for us. He just missed some makeable shots, but you can’t do anything about that."

I missed all but the first half of the game. Only saw him miss a couple shots and benched. Can anyone say that this is the case?

I'm hoping he continues working on this if this is indeed the case.

Bass has done exactly this. Despite having some bad games scoring, he's rebounded, brought energy on D and energy in general.

Surprisingly, Barbosa has done so too. And even the Jet. Neither were known for their defense but have played great D.

Jeff Green could definitely do more than scoring. His size and athleticism makes it possible. Rebounding, making a bigger difference on D...kind of like what he's done at the end of the Nets and the Bucks games so far this year.
Funny quote by Doc.  He blocked shots, he rebounded... for grand totals of 1 block and 2 rebounds.

« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I think the biggest problem is the lack of minutes.

It's tough for a 20-25mpg guy to show he is worth $9 million.

If Green was playing 35mpg and scoring 15-17ppg, fans would be a lot more open to Green earning that $9 million.

But that is not in the cards for Green unless Pierce is injured. 

« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Green looked very tired last night to me, his shots were all short or the rim , his dunk attempt weak , his reactions seems slow.  It could be , despite appearing strong , maybe he truley hasn't recovered his abiliity to march into each and every game yet with a full tank of gas.

I fault Doc here, as a coach he should be more intouch with a players body language .  Green just didn't have it last night.  SO why screw up the chance to win forcing something out of a player than an't gonna happen?

Green made PP look 10 years younger last night.

Overall the Celtics should have blown the Magic out, the Magic sucked horrible , the Celtics seemed to be going though the motion of a game. DOing just enought to win.