Author Topic: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player  (Read 26825 times)

Re: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
BAHAHA GOOD CALL BUDDY!

jeff forced the travel and then hit the big 3... go home

... bringing his total to 5 points for the game on 2-of-6 shooting, with four turnovers.

Superstar.  ::)

Before treating others rudely, you might want to examine the strength of your own argument.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Its wholesale fraud that Jeff Green is committing and I cant believe Celtic fans are falling for it.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 10:56:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
BAHAHA GOOD CALL BUDDY!

... bringing his total to 5 points for the game on 2-of-6 shooting, with four turnovers.

Before treating others rudely, you might want to examine the strength of your own argument.

In all fairness, the OP did question Green's passion and fire. Two key plays down the stretchin a fairly big game makes the OP look a little over dramatic.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
BAHAHA GOOD CALL BUDDY!

It's interesting that whenever Jeff Green plays horribly as he usually does people jump to his defense and choose to blame the coach saying that Green isn't being used properly, yet when he hits one open three out of the many he takes and misses everyone including fans and analysts praise him like he's going to be the Celtics franchise player.

He's overpaid and overrated. Delusional people want to believe he will be a star just because he's a nice guy. In reality he was  by far the worst FA signing this season. One sportcenter dunk and one three pointer in a loss will not change that.

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I'll root for Green and hope he eventually busts out, but I do think he's probably the most overpaid and over-rated player on the roster.

A thousand times this.

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
regardless

i want green on my team

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, I'm thinking that Jeff Green will become Boston's new whipping stick, unfortunately.

In GF1819's dictionary,  ;D a whipping stick is a player on the Boston Celtic's roster that is lambasted when BOS loses..but when he plays well, it is barely mentioned. It is even reasoned away that his "good" play was the result of something else, lol.

As long as I've been a fan, we've had a few:

Antoine Walker.

Tony Allen.

Now, I can see Jeff Green becoming that player. While I can certainly understand the money slant, I don't think it's fair to just jump on the man after this loss.

There were other factors involved with this loss other than Jeff Green. He didn't play great, but Bass went 4-14.

And I do love Bass as a player.

If we would've had Rajon, BOS takes this game. I'm upset about the loss, but I'm not about to go "Bad-Jeff Good-Jeff", like we had with Tony Allen, lol...

And then TA left for MEM, and he's thriving.

While I respect the OP's post, I don't agree with it at all - not after one game.

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
regardless

i want green on my team

Curious. Why?

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 11:31:41 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
The problem with the original post is imo that headline with "horrible" in caps. You can expect pretty strong answers to that, because some people will consider it very opinionated. It is a harsh description of a player who has contributed to a couple of wins already this season.

Is Green overrated on these boards? He might be, but most of us just hope that he will be a consistant contributor for this team, he doesn't need to be a star and he isn't paid like one. Furthermore it is very early to judge a player who has been out for a year.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 11:45:10 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
Well, I'm thinking that Jeff Green will become Boston's new whipping stick, unfortunately.

In GF1819's dictionary,  ;D a whipping stick is a player on the Boston Celtic's roster that is lambasted when BOS loses..but when he plays well, it is barely mentioned. It is even reasoned away that his "good" play was the result of something else, lol.

Antoine Walker.

Tony Allen.

Now, I can see Jeff Green becoming that player. While I can certainly understand the money slant, I don't think it's fair to just jump on the man after this loss.

There were other factors involved with this loss other than Jeff Green. He didn't play great, but Bass went 4-14.

If we would've had Rajon, BOS takes this game. I'm upset about the loss, but I'm not about to go "Bad-Jeff Good-Jeff", like we had with Tony Allen, lol...

While I respect the OP's post, I don't agree with it at all - not after one game.

From what I see whenever Jeff Green makes one play the analysts and the fans go nuts and heap praise on him like he's a rookie just breaking out. They go and start threads on creating a new nickname for him for one dunk he made. On the flip side when we lose I see way more people defending Green with any new excuse they can come up with such as blame the coach, the PF position isn't working, he needs to start, he's not familiar with the system, he's coming off a year off. I've heard them all, instead of jumping to his defense for every little comment made towards him how about we wait for him to have a string of good games before dubbing him the future of the franchise.

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 11:47:44 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
regardless

i want green on my team

Curious. Why?

Cause he came off surgery and made a dunk. Also ESPN says he is worth the contract.

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:48 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Well he was probably the reason we won the game against Utah, and he made some nice plays.
I agree though he's not playing up to 9 million per year at the moment.
It's a question of consistency and confidence and it could take him 30 or 40 games to get there. Or he may never get there.

I feel that he'll eventually work it out because I saw what he did in OKC when he was the starting small forward (3 spot) on the Thunder when Durant was injured. He was a legit All Star for 6 or 7 games and crushed some good teams. He averaged 23 points 5 rebounds 4 assists and ran the floor like a horse.

His role is still being learned and worked out. He's slowly getting it here that he has to come in and go hard at the rim, play hard defense and hit that wide open corner three ball.

He's also still learning the defense which is taking him a while. Once he has the defensive schemes down so they're automatic in his head, it will take a lot of pressure of him offensively because he won't have to process so much.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Antoine Walker.

Tony Allen.

From what I see whenever Jeff Green makes one play the analysts and the fans go nuts and heap praise on him like he's a rookie just breaking out. They go and start threads on creating a new nickname for him for one dunk he made. On the flip side when we lose I see way more people defending Green with any new excuse they can come up with such as blame the coach, the PF position isn't working, he needs to start, he's not familiar with the system, he's coming off a year off. I've heard them all, instead of jumping to his defense for every little comment made towards him how about we wait for him to have a string of good games before dubbing him the future of the franchise.

In light of the fact that Jeff Green even PLAYING is a miracle, I'm not going to throw him under the bus after a loss to upstart BKN.

Not going to.

A similar condition took Reggie Lewis from us, so if Jeff Green has one (or two, or three) off games, I'm good.

He'll get it together.

And to be honest, I think the criticism of him is balanced. I haven't seen a groundswell of threads on here annointing JG as the future...I've seen it discussed, but with Danny Ainge the whole roster could be traded by Feb 2013, so who knows?

I just think that, unfortunately, there is a trend developing on here that - if we're not careful, we could start singling out Jeff for EVERY loss, and that's not right. He needs to be more consistent and agressive, but Bass needs to not go 4-14, too.

Yes - JG is paid a LOT of money..but even THAT has been discussed on here ad infinitum.

I believe he will pan out.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
One of these days, a sports fanbase won't fly off the deep end based on disappointing results in a small sample size of games.

The internet will subsequently explode.

I think this thread would make more sense halfway through the season.  Not after eight games.  And remember, a few weeks ago he was being compared to James Worthy.  Early last year, there were common posts that equated Avery Bradley to garbage.  Just to give you some idea of how accurate these knee-jerk reactions usually are.

He's showing some good signs, including greatly improved energy and effectiveness on defense.  He's not comfortable on offense right now and he's playing passively because of it, but with KG and Doc in his ear constantly he'll settle in.

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:16 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
regardless

i want green on my team

Curious. Why?
one of the best backup 3s in the league.