Author Topic: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player  (Read 26815 times)

Green making 9 mil per year for 4 years. Does Danny want to keep me drinking?
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Some one talk me off the ledge on this one. At first I figured, "Well, at least Perk has run out of gas and we did not overpay to keep the shell of who he used to be" but now we have this year plus three more for a guy averaging 8 points and 3 boards. Wait, do not forget the TWO AND A HALF TURNOVERS PER GAME!!! Rondo averages 3. Of course Rondo also averages 12 assists and Green averages, wait for it, 0.6 assists a game. This guy makes more turnovers than a Pepperidge Farm bakery.

We desperately need guys who can attack and draw fouls. Who can run the wings with Rondo. Was there nobody else we could have picked up for 9 million a year?

Is this some rule Danny like to live by: "One incredibly dumb deal every few years to keep all the bars and liquor stores in New England open." I thought as a Mormon he would want us off the sauce.

Help me please. It is before noon here in Houston and I am reaching for my Knob Creek. Tell me I am missing something.

Re: Green making 9 mil per year for 4 years. Does Danny want to keep me drinking?
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »

Offline 5.9.20.34.43

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
Call him 6th man. For now. Salary offset for now by the Jet, Lee and LB. I'm happy the way both Green and Sully are developing.

Re: Green making 9 mil per year for 4 years. Does Danny want to keep me drinking?
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Was there nobody else we could have picked up for 9 million a year?

Probably not, given our cap situation.

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
The problem with Green is besides being athletically gifted and being known as a scorer he brings nothing else to the table when he isn't scoring. He won't be winning us any games with his basketball IQ or hustle and constantly makes poor decisions on offense while playing subpar D. He is a huge liability when he's not scoring and he seems like the type of player who will completely disappear when you most need him. There is no right role for Green he's not good enough to be a starter and doesn't know his role on the bench.

Re: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Green is playing OK on the defensive side from what I've seen.  He has recently been hitting his jumper.  He is clearly being told to stand at the corner and spread the floor on O.  I think he is also being told not to hit the offensive glass, but rather to get up the court to be ready defensively.  He seems to be thinking too much and his body language reeks of low-confidence.  However, he is showing himself in spurts and I still think he may be able to contribute a lot to this team.  His salary means nothing to me -- money has been allocated, it's a done deal.  His ability to help the C's win is all that matters.  He is not a horrible player, but has not shown himself to be a consistent contributor.  I believe Doc will gradually push to get him more in the flow offensively -- guys are not looking for him on the wing, they are almost always going the other direction with the ball.  Eventually, they will need to push him to see if he can break through, but for now I think Doc wants him to gain comfort and confidence playing D and taking what comes his way offensively.

I am absolutely willing to give it time. Seeing this thread title in the forum topics every day is a little unfair in my opinion. But everyone's entitled to their point of view.

Re: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
You kids honestly know zero about the dude other than the numbers you see on wikipedia... But do ya even know how to read them??? He had a very good season in 2011 despite being traded halfway through and not having any experience playing with the roster, and not to mention a career high in FG%.  Perkins was already playing poorly and after being traded he played significantly worse despite playing the same amount of minutes.  The dude had an attitude problem and a bad work ethic and was a plane crash that Danny saw coming. So how was picking up a high IQ and fantastically athletic scorer who has proved he can put up good numbers despite playing out of position a poor choice?

Did you actually watch him play after he was traded to the Celtics? I base my opinion on Green on what I see in games but since I can't exactly post a game and point out his poor play I feel like stats are the most objective way to show this.

If a player plays well we will give him props but he's playing like crap and has been since he's been on the celtics. I don't get why players like Big Baby get so much heat for playing poorly but with Jeff Green people keep giving him excuse after excuse for his poor play.

no ones yet to answer my question, at what point do you say green is playing good?

his 12pt game against the bucks wasnt good enough, nor was his 16point game against utah, or his 9point game today on 4/6 shooting where he was +15

how many points does green need to score before you say 'he had a good game"

not saying he has been great, but he's clearly on the right track..and in building a championship team you want the most talent on there..clearly Green>> vet min player

Be a better defender consistently. Get more rebounds. Do more on offense than stand around and shoot contested jumpers. I'll be ecstatic if he could bring his PPG to 12 and play a sort of Carl Landry role off the bench.

Yep. If he's going to be a highly paid bench player, he needs to be efficient in his 20-30 minutes. If he's the third to fifth option on offense, he needs to shoot a much much higher percentage to be good. Defend better. actually grab rebounds at a solid or better rate. essentially he needs to be better across the board. Right now he's below average across the board, but paid like an above average starter.

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown

But since he was a free agent we could have just spent that money elsewhere if I am not correct. We had some cap room during free agency, we used a lot of it to pay Green who was unrestricted.

« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

But since he was a free agent we could have just spent that money elsewhere if I am not correct. We had some cap room during free agency, we used a lot of it to pay Green who was unrestricted.

You are 100% incorrect, we had no cap room. We were able to make the offer to Green because of Bird rights.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Some one talk me off the ledge on this one. At first I figured, "Well, at least Perk has run out of gas and we did not overpay to keep the shell of who he used to be" but now we have this year plus three more for a guy averaging 8 points and 3 boards. Wait, do not forget the TWO AND A HALF TURNOVERS PER GAME!!! Rondo averages 3. Of course Rondo also averages 12 assists and Green averages, wait for it, 0.6 assists a game. This guy makes more turnovers than a Pepperidge Farm bakery.

We desperately need guys who can attack and draw fouls. Who can run the wings with Rondo. Was there nobody else we could have picked up for 9 million a year?

Is this some rule Danny like to live by: "One incredibly dumb deal every few years to keep all the bars and liquor stores in New England open." I thought as a Mormon he would want us off the sauce.

Help me please. It is before noon here in Houston and I am reaching for my Knob Creek. Tell me I am missing something.

Can't help.  You may as well just hit that bottle of whiskey hard. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
The problem with Green is besides being athletically gifted and being known as a scorer he brings nothing else to the table when he isn't scoring. He won't be winning us any games with his basketball IQ or hustle and constantly makes poor decisions on offense while playing subpar D. He is a huge liability when he's not scoring and he seems like the type of player who will completely disappear when you most need him. There is no right role for Green he's not good enough to be a starter and doesn't know his role on the bench.

so he didn't help win that Utah game with a strip or the Washington game with a late steal?

That must have been a different #8, who let walker in here?!?!

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown

You are 100% incorrect, we had no cap room. We were able to make the offer to Green because of Bird rights.

Alright, thanks. I was not sure about it. I thought we had some money under the cap. Frankly I would rather have had Michael Beasley than Jeff Green.

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Alright, thanks. I was not sure about it. I thought we had some money under the cap. Frankly I would rather have had Michael Beasley than Jeff Green.

How would that have been accomplished?

That's why I'm still waiting on Jam to name me the solid defender off the bench who can put in 9-12 points a night he'd rather have had at the League minimum to play 3/4 minutes for us.

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2012, 04:41:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Danny doesn't drink, but I'm sure he wouldn't hold it against you had a few.
Yup

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
in retrospect, had we known we were going to get barbosa for the min we could have let green walk, done the lee trade, and used the MLE on a SF instead of Terry.

of course, WHERE IS THERE ANY EVIDENCE IT WAS GREEN FOR 4/36 OR NO GREEN???? WHO WAS OFFERING HIM MONEY!! WHO HAD SPACE!!! WHO SAYS WE COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN HIM FOR 5-6 MIL PER YEAR!!

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
in retrospect, had we known we were going to get barbosa for the min we could have let green walk, done the lee trade, and used the MLE on a SF instead of Terry.

of course, WHERE IS THERE ANY EVIDENCE IT WAS GREEN FOR 4/36 OR NO GREEN???? WHO WAS OFFERING HIM MONEY!! WHO HAD SPACE!!! WHO SAYS WE COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN HIM FOR 5-6 MIL PER YEAR!!

But then we wouldn't have Jason Terry....And I think JET has been very good for us so far, barring the first few games. He was huge today.