Author Topic: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player  (Read 26832 times)

I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
And I can barely watch this C's team when he is on the Floor. I could list just about every possesion I've seen him play in as an example but I will just give you one, maybe 2. In one single play against the Nets, he got outfought for a rebound on the D end to give the nets like their 13 OReb in the FIRST HALF ALONE.
Theeeeeeen on the same play he got boxed out of position and gave up ANOTHER OReb and the 2 points.

I must be missing something that everyone else isnt, but when I just look at the dude, he has no heart or fire in his eyes and, well, basically he sucks as a bball player.

36 million dollars for green is like giving TARP money to banks imo. I've seen enough and the dude just has no heart and gives no energy to this team.

Oh, all I can go by is the dudes actions on a basketball court, and I think he's had enough time to prove what kind of player he is.

Re: I think Jeff Green is a HORRIBLE BB player
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Ok. Have fun with that!

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
And I can barely watch this C's team when he is on the Floor. I could list just about every possesion I've seen him play in as an example but I will just give you one, maybe 2. In one single play against the Nets, he got outfought for a rebound on the D end to give the nets like their 13 OReb in the FIRST HALF ALONE.
Theeeeeeen on the same play he got boxed out of position and gave up ANOTHER OReb and the 2 points.

I must be missing something that everyone else isnt, but when I just look at the dude, he has no heart or fire in his eyes and, well, basically he sucks as a bball player.

36 million dollars for green is like giving TARP money to banks imo. I've seen enough and the dude just has no heart and gives no energy to this team.

Oh, all I can go by is the dudes actions on a basketball court, and I think he's had enough time to prove what kind of player he is.

Where was this the last two games when he made key plays to help win games?

He gives up one rebound on the offensive board and he sucks now eh?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
he got outfought for a rebound on the D end to give the nets like their 13 OReb in the FIRST HALF ALONE.

You make it sound as though he is personally responsible for giving up 13 offensive rebounds.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:29:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Interestingly enough, Green is our rebound leader for the game today so far.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I simply do not agree with the first post in the thread. I think he is the only one trying out there along with Barbosa.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Mid-game over-reaction threads rarely turn out well for the OP, right?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Couldn't disagree more.   Jeff has 3 Defensive rebounds at half, and he's not out there for his rebounding.

I put this on KG, Bass, Sully, Collins and Wilcox:  Combined, the 5 of them have a grand total of 2 defensive rebounds, one less than Green has by himself.  So much for our big guys grabbing boards....

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
You obviously haven't seen the last few games.  Maybe  you should check them out?

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I simply do not agree with the first post in the thread. I think he is the only one trying out there along with Barbosa. Did you bother to notice the effort of Jeff Green in Brooklyn tonight?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
We are fans. We love and support our team and its players, but we should never be blind to the flaws of players.

Jeff Green shrinks the bigger the game. As soon as he can be traded he should be. In a team with less aspirations and expectations, like the Hawks or Utah or Sacramento, he could be a very good player, but in Boston he i pretty much an embarassment.

A few good dunks and decent low key games should not deflect us from this.

It pains me to say this because I was willing to boast about Jeff Green as the missing piece that could have taken us over the top last year.

But that isnt true. He literally hides on the court in big moments, and passes the ball like a hot potato.

It is ironic to say as has been said before, but he appears to lack HEART.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'll root for Green and hope he eventually busts out, but I do think he's probably the most overpaid and over-rated player on the roster. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
I'll root for Green and hope he eventually busts out, but I do think he's probably the most overpaid and over-rated player on the roster.

He quite simply is not up to the role of being a significant contributor to a championship level team. I would hope Ainge doesnt have an ego trip TRYING to make Jeff Green stick. He wont.

Its frustrating to watch someone with that level of talent literally coast through games, but I have a feeling that Green actually needs some sessions with a shrink.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 10:39:06 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'll be glade to dump him for Josh Smith  ???

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »

Offline southshorematt

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 46
BAHAHA GOOD CALL BUDDY!

jeff forced the travel and then hit the big 3... go home