Author Topic: Perk is not doing so well nowadays  (Read 3326 times)

Perk is not doing so well nowadays
« on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8635714/zach-randolph-kendrick-perkins-confrontation-being-looked-nba

I bet he misses the good old days here. There were talks over the summer about how OKC could amnesty him. Please make that happen Mr. Presti!
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

Re: Perk is not doing so well nowadays
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think he's doing just fine situation wise. Its not like he wasn't throwing elbows and talking trash when he wore green.

Now his level of play has fallen off certainly, sad that his knees have hurt his game so much compared to his 08-09 and 09-10 early peak. Perkins was looking to be a different level of player than his is know then.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8635714/zach-randolph-kendrick-perkins-confrontation-being-looked-nba

I bet he misses the good old days here. There were talks over the summer about how OKC could amnesty him. Please make that happen Mr. Presti!

i'd love Perk to be back here. But will we win the bid?

however if he does come back here, we so won that trade back in 2011

Rondo Bradley Pierce KG Perk
Barbosa/Lee Terry Green Bass Wilcox

my god, I love it

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
I think he's doing just fine situation wise. Its not like he wasn't throwing elbows and talking trash when he wore green.

Now his level of play has fallen off certainly, sad that his knees have hurt his game so much compared to his 08-09 and 09-10 early peak. Perkins was looking to be a different level of player than his is know then.
Perk was a near perfect fit for our system of defense. With OKC there's a different system that just doesn't suit him as well. He's still an elite post defender, he locked up Bynum pretty well last year in the playoffs. At 28 years old, he still has a few good years left.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Perk was a near perfect fit for our system of defense. With OKC there's a different system that just doesn't suit him as well. He's still an elite post defender, he locked up Bynum pretty well last year in the playoffs. At 28 years old, he still has a few good years left.

OKC is a running team. Centers like Dwight, Horford, Aldridge will do well in teams like OKC...super athletic and such

now that the Lakers have Dwight, they MUST keep Perk, cuz Perk is the only player in OKC that can defend the post. Ibaka is a good defender and help defender, but I don't see him guarding Dwight like Perk does

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Hard to see OKC amnestying Perk now that Harden has been discarded.

I don't think it's something Perk should be worried about. That danger has passed.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hard to see OKC amnestying Perk now that Harden has been discarded.

I don't think it's something Perk should be worried about. That danger has passed.
Not unless Thabeet suddenly gets a clue.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Trade for Big Al and pick up an amnesty'd Perk.  It will be like the KG/Ray era never happened. 

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol...two of the remaining "Tough" guys left in the NBA - Perk and ZBo.

As a fan on espn.com stated - somewhere, Bill Laimbeer is laughing at this minor altercation. ;D

I don't think there's a fit for Perk here anymore, but man! I miss the guy.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There's evidence that Perk isn't doing so well these days, but this isn't it.  This is classic Perk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 04:41:40 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Perkins sucks now. He's just never been a shell of himself since his injury.

Poor OKC are paying all that money for a post defender that can't catch. They should've got Jason Collins for 1 million and they could have kept Harden.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Perkins sucks now. He's just never been a shell of himself since his injury.

Poor OKC are paying all that money for a post defender that can't catch. They should've got Jason Collins for 1 million and they could have kept Harden.

There is some truth in your comments...but man I bet Presti will have a huge smile on his face as Perk is bodying up Dwight Howard in the playoffs - as he is successful at doing.

My guess is that the Lakers will be one of the remaining teams left in the western conference playoffs, and Perk and OKC will be right there waiting for them.

I guess we could say that Perk really earns his paychecks in the playoffs? If that's the case I'd sign him for that much money, too.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
There's evidence that Perk isn't doing so well these days, but this isn't it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c

Same evidences as always.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 05:34:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
There's evidence that Perk isn't doing so well these days, but this isn't it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c

Same evidences as always.

But the beauty of stats is that sometimes they don't matter....Perk could be labeled as overpaid...he does appear to not be quite himself since BOS...he does have a limited game...

But he D's up DH and Bynum VERY well - perhaps better than anyone else out there besides maybe KG and Duncan.

He anchors OKC's defense.

He's a great teammate, and leader.

Sometimes, you can't quantify worth by statistics alone.

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Is it just me or does it seem crazy that Darko is younger than Perk (and apparently always as been).