Author Topic: The Petraeus-Broadwell-Kelly-Allen-FBI Kefuffle  (Read 546 times)

The Petraeus-Broadwell-Kelly-Allen-FBI Kefuffle
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1907
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I thought we might as well start a thread on this, but let's just get this out of the way quickly:

It is against site rules to post any sexually explicit material, or make use of sexual innuendos. Basically, keep it PG, kids.

Back to the subject at hand, Jimmy Kimmel (who I think I need to watch more of..he's darned funny and I'd pretty much forgotten all about him) explains it well.

www.hulu.com/watch/424896

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: [http://tinyurl.com/le7qem2]Link

Re: The Petraeus-Broadwell-Kelly-Allen-FBI Kefuffle
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 631
Nothing surprises me any more.

If you're in a position of power, you're probably either corrupt, hiding something sordid, or both.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 636
With you throwing Jimmy Kimmel out there, I am going to paraphrase Adam Carolla on the subject...

I really could care less about these guy's private lives.  Its a stressful job, yadda yadda yadda.  But, I just don't feel comfortable if the head of the CIA can't cover up his own affair.  When a big part of your job description involves keeping national secrets, then you better be able to keep your own.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1994
My one concern in all this is did Broadwell have emails with confidential info or top secret info? If she did where did she get it and why? What was she going to do with it?

The affair, the Generals getting involved in the child custody case and the other society drama stuff I could care less about. Just like I could care less about Clinton's affair. Its their business and their wive's business. Not ours.
2015 CB HISTORICAL DRAFT: COMING THIS OCTOBER
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
My one concern in all this is did Broadwell have emails with confidential info or top secret info? If she did where did she get it and why? What was she going to do with it?

The affair, the Generals getting involved in the child custody case and the other society drama stuff I could care less about. Just like I could care less about Clinton's affair. Its their business and their wive's business. Not ours.

She did have confidential classified information, Patraeus gave it to her.

Which is further complicated by the fact that she was a pretty high level of clearance due to her own military work, so they have to go through the volumes of documents piece by piece to figure out what she could see, what she could see but still shouldn't have on premises, and what she couldn't see and can't have on premises.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1994

Which is further complicated by the fact that she was a pretty high level of clearance due to her own military work, so they have to go through the volumes of documents piece by piece to figure out what she could see, what she could see but still shouldn't have on premises, and what she couldn't see and can't have on premises.
And thats where this whole thing is going to either turn really bad for the General and Broadwell or where this just becomes a stupid sordid affair.
2015 CB HISTORICAL DRAFT: COMING THIS OCTOBER
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »

Online LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 701

I thought it was reported that the FBI believed she received classified information that she shouldn't have from sources other than Petraeus.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

I thought it was reported that the FBI believed she received classified information that she shouldn't have from sources other than Petraeus.

The synopsis thing I read yesterday said it looked like it came from Patraeus. THat may have changed. 

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog