Author Topic: We SHOULD have the best bench in the league  (Read 4657 times)

We SHOULD have the best bench in the league
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I usually pride myself in not being an irrational homer but who has a better bench? I understand this is one game and I'm not just basing it off this game but am I crazy? This is how the bench should play
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: We SHOULD have the best bench in the league
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:03 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
The bench looks good tonight.  Barbosa was a heck of a pickup... he has been our best bench player so far this year.

I think they'll start to jell as the year goes on, and we'll get this kind of performance pretty often.  Lee, especially, is a lot better than he has been playing.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
The bench looks good tonight.  Barbosa was a heck of a pickup... he has been our best bench player so far this year.

I think they'll start to jell as the year goes on, and we'll get this kind of performance pretty often.  Lee, especially, is a lot better than he has been playing.

Ya I'm not gonna lie, barbosa was an afterthought in my mind. End of the bench depth but he's been terrific.

I also feel bad for lee, I've been a fan since his Orlando days and the guy is just a solid basketball player but he's still searching for his role
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 10:04:16 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Ya I'm not gonna lie, barbosa was an afterthought in my mind. End of the bench depth but he's been terrific.

I also feel bad for lee, I've been a fan since his Orlando days and the guy is just a solid basketball player but he's still searching for his role

Same here about Barbosa.  I figured that he'd get some spot minutes early and then would ride the bench when Bradley comes back.  So far, it looks like he has a role on this team - we don't have many players who will attack the basket like he does.

Lee is a good on-ball defender, but it looks like he gets caught wandering off the ball sometimes.  I don't really have a problem with him on offense, though.  The numbers aren't there, but he's taking good shots.  They'll start to fall. 

Looks like Jeff Green is starting to hit his stride, too.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:06:29 PM »

Kiorrik

We WILL have the best bench in the league.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Lot of production tonight...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
this was a Hugggggggggggggggggggggggge building block game.

A win with Rondo sitting on the bench.

Wilcox and Lee played well. 

GREEN 's SLAM on Jefferson is HIGHLIGHT CITY and so was KG no look pass .... WOW!!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think our bench guys are finally starting to get in a rhythm and get comfortable with the system, and its a huge boost...and if KG/Pierce/Rondo can get appropriate rest it should do wonders for them being aggressive in the 4th quarter

even with Terry in the starting lineup, we have guys who can explode for double digits any single night.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:44 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The Celtics bench is good, but they still lack quality big men off the bench. For example, I'd take tonight's opponent's bench bigs over Sully and Wilcox any day.

The C's bench strength is on the wings. Still this is the best C's bench in a long time.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

Same here about Barbosa.  I figured that he'd get some spot minutes early and then would ride the bench when Bradley comes back.  So far, it looks like he has a role on this team - we don't have many players who will attack the basket like he does.

Lee is a good on-ball defender, but it looks like he gets caught wandering off the ball sometimes.  I don't really have a problem with him on offense, though.  The numbers aren't there, but he's taking good shots.  They'll start to fall. 

Looks like Jeff Green is starting to hit his stride, too.

??????  We have way more players this year who can attack the rack than we did last year. We have pierce, rondo, barbosa, green and even KG attacked it tonight. Bass has before also. Bradley can also. KG did good when he posted up. he has not been good the last two games on the jumpers. This team is progressing though. Wilcox, Barbosa and Green played great. Guys are finding their roles. We just need to play better defense.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Wait until they get bradley back in the swing of it and move the jet to the bench.....yikes.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
 getting the W with kg and pierce playing 30 or so mins was big. This win was very Spurs like, and that leads to success

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
It's nice to have a bench that can extend leads instead of lose them for once. Clippers probably have the best bench in the league but the C's have a chance to be right up there.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
The Celtics bench is good, but they still lack quality big men off the bench. For example, I'd take tonight's opponent's bench bigs over Sully and Wilcox any day.

The C's bench strength is on the wings. Still this is the best C's bench in a long time.

I'm pretty sure anybody would trade their back up bigs for Utahs back up bigs lol I can't think of a team that has better bigs than Favors and Kanter coming off the bench.

I think Wilcox is a fine back up big. I have no problem with our big depth. Of course another 6'9"+ guy wouldn't hurt
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I haven't been watching the games that much, how has Terry been doing?