Author Topic: Chris Paul Still better than Rondo?  (Read 18624 times)

Re: Chris Paul Still better than Rondo?
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Of course Chris Paul is better than Rondo. Why do we have 12 pages discussing an easy topic?

So then the clippers should easily be finals bound

Until then

Chris Paul's done nothing....average at best

So you are expecting all top 5 players to be in the Finals? 

Does that mean all 5 have to be on only two teams?

« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Of course Chris Paul is better than Rondo. Why do we have 12 pages discussing an easy topic?

Until then

Top 5 players with good teams around them should be in the conference finals at least or its a failure.

Derrick rose top 5 player...rondo and Chris Paul top 5 pgs

« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2012, 10:27:39 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Until then

Top 5 players with good teams around them should be in the conference finals at least or its a failure.

So in the West: Durrant, Howard and Paul will all be in the conference finals.

« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Until then

Whichever one isn't there its a failed season...my guess is it wont be a Chris Paul led team but if hes a top 5 player then its probable

« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Until then

Whichever one isn't there its a failed season...my guess is it wont be a Chris Paul led team but if hes a top 5 player then its probable

Actually, by your logic he shouldn't be in the conference finals.  If the player rankings are as follows:
1. LeBron, 2. Dwight, 3. Durant, 4. CP3, or something similar, then shouldn't Dwight face Durant in the conference finals?

Why should 4 be better than 2 and 3?

Only four teams makes the conference finals anyway, so if the top 5 players are on 5 different teams, it is impossible for all 5 to make the conference finals.  Especially if 3 of the top 4 are in the same conference.

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2012, 10:56:06 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Until then

Actually, by your logic he shouldn't be in the conference finals.  If the player rankings are as follows:
1. LeBron, 2. Dwight, 3. Durant, 4. CP3, or something similar, then shouldn't Dwight face Durant in the conference finals?

Only four teams makes the conference finals anyway, so if the top 5 players are on 5 different teams, it is impossible for all 5 to make the conference finals.  Especially if 3 of the top 4 are in the same conference.

I don't think he will be there I think its absolutely a joke to call him the 4th best player in the Nba...but if he is and he cant lead his team to the conference finals, how the heck is that not a failed season? As it will be for any supposed top 5 player with a good cast exiting early

I don't see this as homerism considering I'm saying derrick rose is a top 5 player in the Nba and Chris Paul is a top pg

« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

Until then

I don't think he will be there I think its absolutely a joke to call him the 4th best player in the Nba...but if he is and he cant lead his team to the conference finals, how the heck is that not a failed season? As it will be for any supposed top 5 player with a good cast exiting early

I don't see this as homerism considering I'm saying derrick rose is a top 5 player in the Nba and Chris Paul is a top pg

Who are your top 5 players for this year (2012-2013)?

« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Until then

Yeah I don't think he needs to reach the conference finals but if he lucky escapes the first round against a team that finished 1 game ahead of them and then he proceeds to wet the bed in the second round, I will think its a little bit of a joke if people keep defending him.

Afterall if you are a top 5 player in a supposed title contending team that would be pretty pathetic.

« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Because I'm dumb enough to continue to reply, I guess.  I'll stop now.

Yeah your post on this topic was so on point

The only thing Rondo has over Paul is his rebounding, and assists are about equal
I guess everyone overlooks the advantages Paul has in shooting, consistent play night after night, steals, scoring in crunch time huh?  ::)

I disagree that Paul's more consistent than Rondo, I think that Paul's larger scoring role in his offense makes it seem that way. The Rondo who's on one of the longest double-digit assist streaks in nba history is clearly more consistent than he was earlier in the big three era.

Aside from that, I don't think it's true that the only thing that Rondo has over Paul is rebounding. I think that Paul is as good or better than most pgs in most facets of the game but still below Rondo. As an overall individual player Paul's shooting probably gives him the edge but Rondo's edge in the non-scoring skills keeps them fairly close.

« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Until then

If we are basing it off so far this season and that's it then rondo has as good a case as Paul, period.
but injuries aside...lebron,durant,Howard,rose, carmelo, kobe
Not sure how Chris Paul is better then any of those players

« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

Until then

If we are basing it off so far this season and that's it then rondo has as good a case as Paul, period.

So then you must think, by your own logic, that the Western Finals is Thunder vs. Lakers, and the Eastern Finals is HEAT vs. Bulls vs. Knicks?

« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Until then

So then you must think, by your own logic, that the Western Finals is Thunder vs. Lakers, and the Eastern Finals is HEAT vs. Bulls vs. Knicks?

Nope but it will be a failed season for every one of those teams outside the bulls Bc of roses injury if they don't make it to the conference finals. At least 3 of those teams will be there though I'm hoping the celtics are the exception

« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont know if Paul is still better than Rondo, but they sure are both a heck of a lot better than Deron Williams.

Man I cant stand his game. I hate watching the Nets because they are just a dumb, dumb team. Too much isolation, too many jumpers, and not enough movement on either end of the floor. I cant wait til our defense shapes up and we start boxing out and we get to play them again.