Author Topic: So by not checking my email I screwed myself out of a dream come true  (Read 1987 times)

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Entered the Bill Russell ball contest, like I do every contest: with the mindstate of "Oh, I probably won't win, but heck, why not enter?

I go away for a few days, to see family, and come home to this email.

Lesson learned?

Ideas on how to cope with this personal tragedy?

And before it's said, I am NOT overreacting. Yes, there are many worse things going on out there, and to worry about, but this is going to bother me every day, for a few years.

This is the only place I can come to for venting, that would understand what I'm going through.

Silver lining: Me not winning, led to someone else becoming very happy. And honestly, having this slip through my fingertips, makes me feel even happier for the person who did win, so congrats! Unless, the person who won is a jerk, or just doesn't appreciate what he/she is obtaining, or sells it or something. Then I'd be really super frustratingly mad.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

Re: So by not checking my email I screwed myself out of a dream come true
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:14 AM »

Kiorrik

Ouch.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:14 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
As a consolation prize I can offer you an autographed Redz nerf ball.  I was pretty dominant at full contact nerf hoops in my dorm in college.  I'd go so far as to say "I was dominant on a Russell-ian level."

Best I can do.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:55:44 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
 :'( I feel your pain
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:57:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yikes, a two day turnaround. You would think there would be like a week to claim the prize in something as substantial as this.

I realize you understand that there are far worse things going on in the world, but this has to be a real bummer to you...and come on, are you 'really' happy for the other person? I would say keep doing things as you are doing them - things will turn around and enter contests that aren't so time sensitive on when to claim them...sorry bud.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Gave you a TP and my sincere condolences, not that those will truly help to ease the pain, but hopefully they help in some small way. Sorry to hear about your loss.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I feel for you man.  You'd think they'd ask for a phone number considering the time alloted to claim and especially due to the stakes.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale