Author Topic: Minnesota has 9 healthy players and is 5-2  (Read 6222 times)

Minnesota has 9 healthy players and is 5-2
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Last night the Wolves only dressed 10 players for their game against the Mavs.  Their leading scorer Pekovic got hurt in the 3rd quarter and did not return.  The Wolves beat the Mavs and are now 5-2 without Love and Rubio at all this year.  Budinger just had knee surgery and is out a couple of months.  Brandon Roy (shocking I know) missed the last couple of games as has JJ Barea, and now they lose Pekovic.  Love, Rubio, and Budinger should all be back by early next year and it doesn't appear they have any other long term injuries.  If they come back healthy and can find the right rotations, the Wolves may just be a legit title contender that no one is talking about.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Minnesota has 9 healthy players and is 5-2
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:38:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
they have a solid team, but no way are they title contenders

lal
sas
lac
mem
okc

are all better than minny in the west

mia ,bos and nyk are all better in the east

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I can't believe minny has started out so well with so many injuries. Especially injuries to their best players. I've always like ridnour and ak47 and I think they are really adding to the good start. Wonder how long they can hold on when love and Rubio return. Not a contender but at least they are finally smelling some success.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

lal
sas
lac
mem
okc

I don't know about that.  They have been slowly clearing out the bad apples and have a pretty solid roster right now.  Do I think they will beat OKC or LAL, probably not, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they did nor would I be surprised if they beat any of the other teams out west. 

Project Playoff Lineup

PG - Rubio, Ridnour, Barea
SG - Roy, Budinger, Ridnour, Shved, Lee
SF - Williams, Kirilenko, Budinger
PF - Love, Kirilenko
C - Pekovic, Love, Stiemsma

That team if it is healthy is certainly on par with the Spurs, Clippers, and Grizzlies. 

I think people forget they were above .500 last year when Rubio went down and this team is a lot better than last years team (the young guys are all older and they added better pieces than what they had i.e. Roy, Kirilenko, and Budinger).

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think the Grizzlies/Clippers looks to be their level if Love/Rubio come back playing like we think they should. Definitely a more solid team beyond their best two players than I thought.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:51:51 AM by Fafnir »

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
That jst goes to show hod good Rick Adelman is.. If they can trade for a Pau Gasol ( Pek and DWill ? ) then they'll be legit contenders!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
That jst goes to show hod good Rick Adelman is.. If they can trade for a Pau Gasol ( Pek and DWill ? ) then they'll be legit contenders!
I don't see why they would do that.  They have two players on the entire roster 30 or older (Ridnour and Kirilenko both at 31) and most of the core is 26 or younger.  I don't think they trade two potential young studs for a past his prime big man.  And Pekovic and Williams are potential young studs. 

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

lal
sas
lac
mem
okc

I don't know about that.  They have been slowly clearing out the bad apples and have a pretty solid roster right now.  Do I think they will beat OKC or LAL, probably not, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they did nor would I be surprised if they beat any of the other teams out west. 

Project Playoff Lineup

PF - Love, Kirilenko

That team if it is healthy is certainly on par with the Spurs, Clippers, and Grizzlies. 

I think people forget they were above .500 last year when Rubio went down and this team is a lot better than last years team (the young guys are all older and they added better pieces than what they had i.e. Roy, Kirilenko, and Budinger).

Projected Playoff Lineup:

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Roy/Barea/Shved/Lee
Kirelinko/Buddinger
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stiemsma

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't see why they would do that.  They have two players on the entire roster 30 or older (Ridnour and Kirilenko both at 31) and most of the core is 26 or younger.  I don't think they trade two potential young studs for a past his prime big man.  And Pekovic and Williams are potential young studs.

I agree.  Although I think they consider it for Kirilenko and Williams.  It might put them a little top heavy up front, but it also could give them a push into a legit playoff contender, if they can get healthy.

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I agree.  Although I think they consider it for Kirilenko and Williams.  It might put them a little top heavy up front, but it also could give them a push into a legit playoff contender, if they can get healthy.
Now that trade makes a lot more sense for them.  Still not sure I would do it if I am Minnesota (Gasol makes so much money making it hard to take him on), but I certainly wouldn't hang up the phone.

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

lal
sas
lac
mem
okc

Project Playoff Lineup

PF - Love, Kirilenko

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Roy/Barea/Shved/Lee
Kirelinko/Buddinger
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stiemsma
That one works as well.  They have so much flexibility in the roster, they can play big, they can play small, they can play fast or slow.  Really a good job on the roster construction, if they can get and stay healthy that is, and that is a big if.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

lal
sas
lac
mem
okc

Project Playoff Lineup

PF - Love, Kirilenko

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Roy/Barea/Shved/Lee
Kirelinko/Buddinger
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stiemsma

I'd be leery of any projected lineup with Roy in it.

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

lal
sas
lac
mem
okc

Project Playoff Lineup

PF - Love, Kirilenko

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Roy/Barea/Shved/Lee
Kirelinko/Buddinger
Love/Williams
Pekovic/Stiemsma

I'd be leery of any projected lineup with Roy in it.

I'm just basing it off of what they're running now.

Rubio/Barea
Ridnour/Barea

has worked very well for them as well.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Do the Wolves have enough PGs on that roster?   Khan is the most PG-obsessed GM in league history. 

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Its called Pau Gasolitis. Some folks just want to trade for Pau Gasol for no apparent reason.