Author Topic: Whats the consensus on Courtney Lee?  (Read 1392 times)

Whats the consensus on Courtney Lee?
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
offensive-wise, defensive-wise, lineup-wise.

Is he what you expected? Does he belong on the bench when avery comes back? I think he will be much better and productive coming off the bench to sub for avery...

Re: Whats the consensus on Courtney Lee?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I like his defense.  The shooting will come once he and Rondo find rhythm.  I want him primarily at SG, just like how I want Green primarily at SF.

Can't wait to see him match up with Kobe, Joe Johnson, Ginobili, Wade, and the other elite SGs of the league.

Like just about any other new guy, let's give them some time.  Chemistry is vastly underrated in basketball.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
He's underperformed in my opinion, but I understand that it's been hard for new guys to get into the offense. Rondo has the ball for the entire game and it could be hard for a guy who, outside of his catch and shoot three pointers, relies quite a bit on attacking with the ball.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:10:59 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
hes played like he should be buried on the bench behind avery and jet, not sure hes bringing much more than daniels or pietrus but think hes better than hes played and time will tell... I think hes an average NBA player with no upside

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He hasn't got a lot of shot attempts, but he's a good shooter.  I think he's a really good defender.  I see him as the best SG on our team... ahead of Terry, Barbosa and Bradley.  All of them would probably be best in bench roles, though.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
He hasn't got a lot of shot attempts, but he's a good shooter.  I think he's a really good defender.  I see him as the best SG on our team... ahead of Terry, Barbosa and Bradley.  All of them would probably be best in bench roles, though.

If hes our best SG...we're in trouble. he's easily our 3rd best, youre just obsessed that hes not undersized. who cares. hes average or below average at everything and for a young player has 0 upside

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

If hes our best SG...we're in trouble. he's easily our 3rd best, youre just obsessed that hes not undersized. who cares. hes average or below average at everything and for a young player has 0 upside
Yeah I think he's our best SG regardless of size.  I've been just as impressed with his defense as Bradley and I think Lee is a better shooter.  He's had 8 years of College/pros backing up what he's capable of doing.  He's better than his first 6 games (taking 5 shots a night) has showed you.

And yeah... if the sudden realization that Courtney Lee is our best shooting guard alarms you, you might get why I feel like this roster is whack right now.  Jeff Green is our 4th best player and he's coming off our bench.  We don't have much quality size next to KG.  It's a problem.  It's a problem I think we'll eventually fix, though.  I think we'll have some options come the trade deadline.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I really didnt like him at the beginning of the preseason. He has grown on me since then but has gone up and down. I think he has the potential to be really good for us. His strengths fit our system well. Three corner shooting, hes a good defender, attacks the rim and is pretty athletic. I havent been crazy about him so far but for me Im going to be patient with him and let his game and chemistry with the rest develop.

We will see where we are at at the trade deadline. For me as part of a trade package Im either dangling Bradley or Lee depending who is fitting our system better.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 07:32:40 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Really like his defence.  His shot hasn't been good, but, as with all good shooters, it will come around.

I still think Bradley starts as soon as he comes back.  Bradley just fits better.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
So far ,  I'm ok , the effort is there , if not the result all the time. Plays alot better "D" than I thought he would. Maybe his shot will improve.

On the otherhand...I won't shed a tear if he disappears to bring in a Alstar calibre big in some trade. ;D

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Better player than he has shown so far.

My main concern is the same as when he arrived -- that he will take minutes away from better players (Bradley, Terry) if Doc tries to force him into the rotation. There just aren't enough minutes here for everyone. Too bad because Lee is too good a player to be stuck out in the cold.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Courtney Lee :: SG
Brandon Bass :: PF

Which is to say, solid in a limited role and the right number of minutes.  Very good defender in the right system on the right team.  Offensively, mostly limited to a deadly spot-up jumpshot and wide-open forays to the rim.

Replacement level starting player, high quality backup.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 08:02:38 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
hasnt played as well as i expected but he's played hard eventually i think his shot will fall he's at least tryin so i cant get too mad

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
A bit of a letdown so far. I don't think anyone was expecting ridiculous production or anything, but he could offer a lot more

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Yeah I think he's our best SG regardless of size.  I've been just as impressed with his defense as Bradley and I think Lee is a better shooter.  He's had 8 years of College/pros backing up what he's capable of doing.  He's better than his first 6 games (taking 5 shots a night) has showed you.

And yeah... if the sudden realization that Courtney Lee is our best shooting guard alarms you, you might get why I feel like this roster is whack right now.  Jeff Green is our 4th best player and he's coming off our bench.  We don't have much quality size next to KG.  It's a problem.  It's a problem I think we'll eventually fix, though.  I think we'll have some options come the trade deadline.

He doesnt provide the impact on offense like jet and doesnt provide the impact on defense like bradley(and for that matter FOR US he hasnt even been as good a fit as bradley on offense although obviously it took avery time to grow into that and we hope he can continue it)..hes very average on both sides and Hes had 8 years of college and pros to show you hes a solid yet average player with no upside.
His shooting has been atrocious (for us) and his defense league average, nowhere near the impact of Bradleys.
I think hes better then hes shown but what hes shown makes him easily the 3rd best shooting guard on the team but a solid rotation player especially if theres an injury

As far as green being our 4th best player, if he cant consistenly be that or show it, which he hasnt then I dont see any point in labeling him that until he can its more like we have a 4th best player by committee...different every night
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:50:30 PM by scaryjerry »