Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins suspended again, this time for going after Sean Elliott  (Read 4471 times)

Re: Demarcus Cousins suspended again, this time for going after Sean Elliott
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
yes ,  we should go after Cousins ...great talent , that Doc/KG can tame.   ;D

If we don't ...as always the LAKERS will ...and they will get him for nothing ..like Metta World moron.

Cousins would run wild with KG there to take off the inside pressure.

We need Smith  or Cousins or Love ....in DA I trust ;)

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Cousins might be our best target just because a) the kings might sell him off for cheap since they might be sick of his antics. And b) the kings current front office management doesn't know what the heck they're doing.

And to everyone that thinks his us too much of an immature knucklehead, I think doc, kg, this team and the celtics tradition would turn cousins around. Look at Zachary Randolph's career. One he got under a good system surrounded by good teammates and culture in Memphis did we ever hear any problems? No he turned into 20 and 15 machine. Granted he was a bit older then cousins but I see many comparisons between the two.

Smith is first on my wish list because he would be perfect for this system. But my number two would be cousins because he is a young beast of a center who could really learn from KG and turn into something pretty special for our future.  In three years I could easily dig a rondo,Bradley,green,sully,cousins line up.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cousins might be our best target just because a) the kings might sell him off for cheap since they might be sick of his antics. And b) the kings current front office management doesn't know what the heck they're doing.

On the contrary, I think anybody on that Kings team is potentially up for grabs EXCEPT for DMC.  They fired Westphal last  year rather than consider parting ways with Cousins.  I think they've hitched themselves to that wagon.  Especially when you consider that they declined to extend Tyreke, who previously looked to be their chosen centerpiece.

I thought Jason Thompson was an interesting target this off-season, and I still think that he could be a good fit.  Not sure what it would take to get him, but we could really use a 6'11'' athletic PF/C type to back up KG.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Hopefully he keeps getting in trouble until he's available for The Celtics to grab

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:57 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Celtics traded Glen Davis and didn't bring back Delonte West when they probably could have had him for the minimum.

I think they avoid Demarcus Cousins unless he is ridiculously cheap and can be rehabilitated into a trade asset (not a building block).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The Celtics traded Glen Davis and didn't bring back Delonte West when they probably could have had him for the minimum.

I think they avoid Demarcus Cousins unless he is ridiculously cheap and can be rehabilitated into a trade asset (not a building block).

They traded Davis for Bass. They didn't exactly give him away. They signed West after his legal trouble. They brought in Nate Robinson, Marbury, Sheed, and Cassell. Let's also not forget that even Pietrus wasn't really well thought of in Phoenix.

"Both Mickael and us realized it'd be beneficial for both parties to party ways," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said. "There's an expression that, 'All's well that ends well.' In this case, all's well that ends."

Don't think Ainge is too afraid to bring in any player.

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
They traded Davis for Bass. They didn't exactly give him away. They signed West after his legal trouble. They brought in Nate Robinson, Marbury, Sheed, and Cassell. Let's also not forget that even Pietrus wasn't really well thought of in Phoenix.

There seemed to be a conscious effort to clean up the lockerroom in 2011 and go after players who were good citizens while avoiding more talented players who were trouble.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'd trade for him. Of course, I also don't like Elliot as a broadcaster.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Being fair..There is of course a big difference in a individual being downright "MEAN" as opposed to someone immature and a product of their surroundings.

I tend to believe Cousins is the latter.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I like a big man who actually cares about things, as p[[psed to the many slugs in the league who get paid and then sleepwalk through their contract.

I'll take DMC on my team any time.  He's one of the most talented bigs in the entire league. I don't think this incident shouldn't have resulted in any suspension, unless DMC put his hands on that punk Sean Eliot, who is a whiny homer.

As long as DMC didn't give Eliot a kidney shot, he shouldn't have been suspended. 

If Sacto wants to give away DMC, I'd give anyone on the Celtics roster for him, save Rondo. He's going to be a franchise big for the next decade, barring injury or league banishment.   

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
In Cousins defense, Sean Elliot is terribly annoying. I've listened to a few of his games and felt like punching him through the tv.