Author Topic: US to become largest oil producer by 2017?  (Read 743 times)

US to become largest oil producer by 2017?
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »

Offline Cman

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 230
I saw an article today on yahoo finance on this topic, which draws heavily from a recent report by the International Energy Assoc.

A new report by the International Energy Association says the U.S. will become the world's largest oil producer by 2017, overtaking current leaders Saudi Arabia and Russia. U.S. energy policies initiated by the George W. Bush administration and implemented by President Barack Obama have moved the U.S. toward energy independence and away from Middle East energy sources. U.S. oil production has risen rapidly since 2008 and oil imports are at their lowest level in two decades.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/u-pass-saudi-arabia-energy-production-iea-says-170907660.html

Thoughts?
Celtics fan for life.

Re: US to become largest oil producer by 2017?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 559
  • Historical Draft Best Overall/Best Defensive team
I saw an article today on yahoo finance on this topic, which draws heavily from a recent report by the International Energy Assoc.

A new report by the International Energy Association says the U.S. will become the world's largest oil producer by 2017, overtaking current leaders Saudi Arabia and Russia. U.S. energy policies initiated by the George W. Bush administration and implemented by President Barack Obama have moved the U.S. toward energy independence and away from Middle East energy sources. U.S. oil production has risen rapidly since 2008 and oil imports are at their lowest level in two decades.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/u-pass-saudi-arabia-energy-production-iea-says-170907660.html

Thoughts?

Im good with it if it lowers our out of pocket costs for gas.   developing a legitimate alternative to the middle east for these resources should be benneficial for everyone. 

except for the Middle East of course
Indiana CB Draft, Kevin Durant, Deron Williams, Luis Scola, Robin Lopez, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor, Andrew Nicholson, Shaun Livingston, Markieff Morris, Michael Beasley

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 908

Thoughts?

Im good with it if it lowers our out of pocket costs for gas.   developing a legitimate alternative to the middle east for these resources should be benneficial for everyone. 

except for the Middle East of course

They'll be fine since by then China will be consuming more than we do now.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 608
Lower has prices? Then sure I'm ok. But what about the alternative sources of clean, green, and efficient energy we've been promised.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »

Online LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 698
Im good with it if it lowers our out of pocket costs for gas.

How do you feel about it if it doesn't lower those costs?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 559
  • Historical Draft Best Overall/Best Defensive team
Im good with it if it lowers our out of pocket costs for gas.

How do you feel about it if it doesn't lower those costs?

Then what the heck is the point of stripping our country of its natural resources.  I guess i either want it to lower our costs from the pump or have oil companies pay more in taxes to help bring down the deficit.  If it does neither of those things I would rather pillage the middle east for their supplies first and then start harvesting our own. 
Indiana CB Draft, Kevin Durant, Deron Williams, Luis Scola, Robin Lopez, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor, Andrew Nicholson, Shaun Livingston, Markieff Morris, Michael Beasley

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »

Offline blake

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 108
Then what the heck is the point of stripping our country of its natural resources.  I guess i either want it to lower our costs from the pump or have oil companies pay more in taxes to help bring down the deficit.  If it does neither of those things I would rather pillage the middle east for their supplies first and then start harvesting our own.

Removing our energy dependence from the Middle East would be huge.  Strange that we keep refusing to do it through any other means than oil, but at least it is a start.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog