Author Topic: Darko Milicic  (Read 4314 times)

Darko Milicic
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I'm getting pretty tired of seeing real small lineups on the floor whenever KG comes out.

Has Doc even used Milicic or Collins at all yet in a regular season game?

I know neither are all stars but at least they give us some height and muscle in the paint and at the rim.

I'd like to see the following combinations at least "tried".

Milicic
Bass or Wilcox

Collins
Bass or Wilcox
Green
Jet
Barbosa

Milicic
Sullinger
Pierce
Lee
Rondo

I knwo both Collins and Darko are marginal, but we have more than enough talent to put around them in a lineup when KG is out to cover their weaknesses.

I thought both Kevin Seraphin and Dalembert presented opportuntiies to use Milicic and Collins.

I also would have used Milicic or Collins to throw some weight around against Miami.

I really hate the small ball focus - I think we should be dictating the matchups and use our bigs to muscle teams a little more.

At least try it.

Re: Darko Milicic
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Right now, I am OK with Wilcox being the backup C as long as he gets enough minutes to keep the Celtics from being small or short lineups for extended periods.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I thought Doc did well with the rotations against the Bucks, so I'm comfortable with that.

I wanted Wilcox to start, absent of that, him being the first big off the bench, instead of Sully, works out the same.

Now, I don't want any more Jason Terry with the starters. Either go with Lee, or move Pierce to SG and start Green at SF.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Right now, I am OK with Wilcox being the backup C as long as he gets enough minutes to keep the Celtics from being small or short lineups for extended periods.

Agreed.  I don't think Sully and Bass were on the floor together at all during the last Milwaukee game. 

Doc's still going to run some small ball, but with Wilcox rounding into shape it's by choice and not necessity.  I can deal with that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Wilcox is a nice addition - would like to see Milicic / Collins mixed in for a few minutes as well though.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Agreed.  I hope we have seen the end of the Bass/Sully combo playing together, short of very specific matchups in rare occasions.

Now, its up to Darko to beat out Wilcox for those backup center minutes.  As long as one of them is playing when KG is not on the floor, I am happy, regardless of which one of them it is.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I like Wilcox coming off the bench in place of KG. at least we haven't been as terrible when Garnett's off the floor with Wilcox in his place. We still need to see some darko however. I know small ball is going to be a reoccurring theme this season but we got get bigs in there. Darko is an intimidating figure that can clog up the middle and really take up some space and effect shots inside. We give up way too many points in the paint.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've got nothing against seeing Darko get some minutes, but I've got nothing against  seeing him not get minutes, either.

His legend is growing way out of proportion to what he's actually accomplished over his career. 

Darko, the Saviour!!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Just guessing, but I'm pretty sure that Milicic is kept out as a precaution. Better safe than sorry when it comes to a wrist injury like his. One setback might ruin his season, like what happened for JO.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
DArko would look cool in a Frankenstein outfit. 

If his wrist is really bad , then we don't want to hurt the dude , we are gonna need him BAD when we play Duncan , Howard , Hilbert , ect.

So yeah , leave the dude on the bench till he is better, hope its not one of those "SURGERY" deals already :'( ???
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:05:29 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Maybe Doc will just play Sullinger for a month and after that time all of Sullinger's minutes will go to Wilcox and Darko.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I like Wilcox as much as anyone, but he is a little turnover prone and he doesn't have much of a presence on defense.

Darko has the potential to have a huge defensive impact and partially make up for what we loose when KG sits.  He gives us a different skill set compared to Wilcox.  Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing Darko AND Wilcox out there together! Would be a nice rebounding front court with good size and a nice off/def balance.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like Wilcox as much as anyone, but he is a little turnover prone and he doesn't have much of a presence on defense.

Darko has the potential to have a huge defensive impact and partially make up for what we loose when KG sits.  He gives us a different skill set compared to Wilcox.  Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing Darko AND Wilcox out there together! Would be a nice rebounding front court with good size and a nice off/def balance.

Me too! Wilcox quickness and Darko protecting the rim , together they might equal what we loose (kind of)  ;D when KG sits down.  Throw in a ACTIVE green and Bradley in with them  and that might be a pretty good unit. ...one day...just dreaming ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing Darko AND Wilcox out there together! Would be a nice rebounding front court with good size and a nice off/def balance.

Send one dude with a knife and one dude with a shield together into a gunfight and the only thing balanced about them is that both are dead.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
DArko would look cool in a Frankenstein outfit. 

If his wrist is really bad , then we don't want to hurt the dude , we are gonna need him BAD when we play Duncan , Howard , Hilbert , ect.

So yeah , leave the dude on the bench till he is better, hope its not one of those "SURGERY" deals already :'( ???
Rofl

and sheesh you're giving me JO flashbacks
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk