Author Topic: Bynum out until January  (Read 7956 times)

Re: Bynum out until January
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
"Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Sixers announce Andrew Bynum projected to resume hoop activity Dec. 10 but likely to need 1-to-4 weeks of practice/conditioning from there"

"Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
It could be until early January before center Andrew Bynum plays a game for the 76ers, team indicates in release."

That Howard for Bynum deal is looking really good for LA right now. He Bynum could soon be Oden 2.0

Bynum has already put up All-pro production at his position.  As such there is no way he could be Bynum 2.0  More like Yao Ming 2.0

Yea, fair enough. Yao Ming 2.0 it is then. I think the sixers got screwed here. They will have to decide at the end of the season if they want to commit to a long term deal with him as well.

All they gave up though was igoudala.  If im the sixers i make that trade one hundred times over again.  They knew the risks but the upside was clearly worth it I think.

Iguadala is no srcub though, he was their best player. It's not like Bynum is Tim Duncan or anything, he's an immature thug with major injury history, and they have to decide on whether or not to mortgage their future on him with a massive contract this summer.
True, but they have Turner, Young, and Wright.  And they picked up Jason Richardson in the trade as well.  They have plenty of 2/3's and were really just Hawes and Lavoy Allen down low.  Not to mention Bynum is a lot younger and age wise fits in a lot better with the team.  Easy trade to make even with giving up Harkless, Vucevic and a future 1st.

I would have kept AI and Vucevic, who looks pretty good so far, and drafted Perry Jones III instead of Harkless and passed on Bynum, but that's just me.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Haha this cracks me up. I never, ever, would have traded anybody for Bynum. Injured headcase. Iggy was great for the 76ers and this could turn out to be a bum deal for them.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade Rondo for Bynum and Nash?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 12:41:38 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Haha this cracks me up. I never, ever, would have traded anybody for Bynum. Injured headcase. Iggy was great for the 76ers and this could turn out to be a bum deal for them.

They weren't going anywhere with iggy as their leader and go to player and frankly they just beat us without him and we saw major strides in almost all there young players without Andre posing as a number 1 option...meanwhile Denver isn't any better

You do this trade a million times over

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 12:47:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Just because he is out until January doesn't mean he won't come back and play like an All-Star..

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

Good God NO. Never. A legit franchise player for a question mark and a 40 year old hall-of-famer?
   I like Bynum.  I think he'll be a great player in Philly.  He got out of that horrible locker room in LA to a great coach and good character kids in Philly who play basketball the right way.  He's nowhere near the player that Rondo is. 
   Steve Nash is one of the greatest players to play basketball.  I love Steve Nash, but he's not a Celtic. Especially at age 39, I have 0 interest in him playing here. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Just because he is out until January doesn't mean he won't come back and play like an All-Star..

And it doesn't mean he will either. He could just as easily be pretty much done for his career. The procedure he had on his knees is a very bad indication of his long term health.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
What is Bynum's current injury?

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
What is Bynum's current injury?

Officially, it's a bone bruise to his surgically repaired knee, although it happened around the time he received injection of a drug in his knees used to treat osteoarthritis, which he says he will receive regularly. This is a bad indication for the long term health of his knees if he needs regular injections that someone would get for osteoarthritis, not to mention he also received what is in essence experimental treatment in germany this summer.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-10-16/sports/34473699_1_76ers-center-andrew-bynum-knee-osteoarthritis-injection

"Just look at it as lubrication for his knees," Lee said of the Synvisc-One injection that Bynum will receive. The drug is used to treat knee osteoarthritis.

"He's had them in previous years," Lee said. "Look at it as WD-40, for lack of a better way of explaining it. He gets them at the start of the season, and he gets them at the all-star break. It's noninvasive and has nothing to do with the treatment he received in Germany."

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

And it doesn't mean he will either. He could just as easily be pretty much done for his career. The procedure he had on his knees is a very bad indication of his long term health.

Where did you see that this injury is career threatening?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Good God NO.

You might have missed my point.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Good God NO.

You might have missed my point.

Hind sight is complete twenty twenty aint it! TP for your stellar research.

Since people and opinions change... If I'm the 76ers iggy + hawes > Bynum. Hawes is very underrated and I'm not sure why he isn't starting. Just maybe to make him get used to a bench role? Anyway I thought the sixers had a great team last year and didn't need to trade their best player for a question mark.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

the "injury" is not career threatening. The fact that he needs these injections into his knees for the rest of his career, and has been getting them at least last year as well, and went to germany for an experimental procedure, all indicate that his knees won't hold up much longer though.

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

the "injury" is not career threatening. The fact that he needs these injections into his knees for the rest of his career, and has been getting them at least last year as well, and went to germany for an experimental procedure, all indicate that his knees won't hold up much longer though.

I don't think it's this "injury" that is career threatening. It's Bynum being extremely injury prone that is career threatening.

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
Bynum has only played in 392 out of a possible 558 games. Who knows how healthy he was for those games played. He played 82 games once and has never made it over 65.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Right but if there are no reports about this being career threatening and it is the same procedure he had prior to last year, why is it just as likely that this is career ending as it is that he will bounce back to his all start form of last year?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16