Author Topic: Bynum out until January  (Read 7954 times)

Bynum out until January
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
"Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Sixers announce Andrew Bynum projected to resume hoop activity Dec. 10 but likely to need 1-to-4 weeks of practice/conditioning from there"

"Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
It could be until early January before center Andrew Bynum plays a game for the 76ers, team indicates in release."

That Howard for Bynum deal is looking really good for LA right now. He Bynum could soon be Oden 2.0

Re: Bynum out until January
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Well, that's one less team in our division that we have to worry about now.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If my fantasy team can hold on, I might be ready for the stretch run. 

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Sixers announce Andrew Bynum projected to resume hoop activity Dec. 10 but likely to need 1-to-4 weeks of practice/conditioning from there"

It could be until early January before center Andrew Bynum plays a game for the 76ers, team indicates in release."

That Howard for Bynum deal is looking really good for LA right now. He Bynum could soon be Oden 2.0

Bynum has already put up All-pro production at his position.  As such there is no way he could be Bynum 2.0  More like Yao Ming 2.0
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Bynum has already put up All-pro production at his position.  As such there is no way he could be Bynum 2.0  More like Yao Ming 2.0

Yea, fair enough. Yao Ming 2.0 it is then. I think the sixers got screwed here. They will have to decide at the end of the season if they want to commit to a long term deal with him as well.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Didn't they just beat us without Bynum?
They deserve some credit.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha this cracks me up. I never, ever, would have traded anybody for Bynum. Injured headcase. Iggy was great for the 76ers and this could turn out to be a bum deal for them.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Didn't they just beat us without Bynum?
They deserve some credit.

Yea, the sixers are a good team. Imagine what they could do to us with a healthy Bynum! They will be a playoff team. If Bynum can stay healthy for one series, they can kill us.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Yea, fair enough. Yao Ming 2.0 it is then. I think the sixers got screwed here. They will have to decide at the end of the season if they want to commit to a long term deal with him as well.

All they gave up though was igoudala.  If im the sixers i make that trade one hundred times over again.  They knew the risks but the upside was clearly worth it I think.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

All they gave up though was igoudala.  If im the sixers i make that trade one hundred times over again.  They knew the risks but the upside was clearly worth it I think.

Iguadala is no srcub though, he was their best player. It's not like Bynum is Tim Duncan or anything, he's an immature thug with major injury history, and they have to decide on whether or not to mortgage their future on him with a massive contract this summer.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Iguadala is no srcub though, he was their best player. It's not like Bynum is Tim Duncan or anything, he's an immature thug with major injury history, and they have to decide on whether or not to mortgage their future on him with a massive contract this summer.

Bynume was a far better player last year than Duncan was. 

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Bynume was a far better player last year than Duncan was.

Yea, that's not the point though, Bynum is nowhere near the player or the leader that Duncan was when the Spurs won all of their championships. The fact that Duncan is still a key part of a contending team at his age is quite an accomplishment, and something that Bynum will likely never be at that age. Bynum will be lucky to still be in the league 5 years from now.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

True, but they have Turner, Young, and Wright.  And they picked up Jason Richardson in the trade as well.  They have plenty of 2/3's and were really just Hawes and Lavoy Allen down low.  Not to mention Bynum is a lot younger and age wise fits in a lot better with the team.  Easy trade to make even with giving up Harkless, Vucevic and a future 1st. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 11:51:29 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Tough news for Philly, but if they're surprised it's their own fault for not doing due diligence prior to making the deal.

I think this is the big reason Orlando didn't want to take Bynum back in the Howard deal.  No sense bogging down your payroll with a guy who probably isn't good enough to be a #1 guy on a contender and might not be healthy enough to ever find out.  They're looking (a little bit) smarter right now.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It is still a good gamble taken by the 76ers. 

They were that nice sports car stuck in the mud.  They could turn their wheels fast, be exciting, but not really go anywhere. 

Now, either they move forward with Bynum or let him go and start over.