Author Topic: What a disgrace..Refs helping Miami..again..and today wasnt enough (Doc pls read  (Read 11560 times)

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Another reason why i love the NFL so much more than the NBA. The refs make the NBA a joke. If i didn't love the celtics so much i wouldn't even watch the nba.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Star calls are the worst.   I like how LeBron has his own set of travelling rules and never goal tends.

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Funny how lebron gets severe muscle cramps after 25 minutes of basketball.

Severe muscle cramps are a pretty common problem for steroid abusers.

What is the NBA's testing policy?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Another reason why i love the NFL so much more than the NBA. The refs make the NBA a joke. If i didn't love the celtics so much i wouldn't even watch the nba.

NBA game is much harder to officiate. The game is a lot faster compared to the NFL. In the NFL, there's stoppage after every play. Games can stretch for hours because of all the stoppage. When in totality there's about 13 minutes of action. 13 minutes total that a seven referee crew concrete on as opposed to 48 minutes of action three referees in NBA officiate.

Re: What a disgrace....Refs helping Miami.. again
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Marrese Playing very good next to and ala Randolph

Just reading through this fascinating thread about how the EFS favor the My Hammy Cheat.

I assume you are talking about Mareese Spieghts, the former Gator and 76er. I am a big fan of his game and would love to trade Sullenger for him to win NOW.

YES indeed
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought LeBron cramps were menstrual in nature.

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
stern and his refs are in the pockets of the TV corporations and their advertisers  ( big market) TV money contracts.

NBA is subject to the championship "MUST" be played between the two highest bidders and ratings makers.

stern wants Kobe and Lebron ....

why even play the season.,

Just flip a coin and crown one of them.

How many Kobe and Lebron finals have we had, just off the top of your head?
How many finals have we had without Kobe or LeBron over the last 6 years?

Imagine how much money the league would lose if we saw a Memphis/pacers finals or something of that nature.
That's how they justify all the dirty unsportsmanlike crap they pull.  It's 100% a business to Stern so anything goes if it means significant monetary differences.

It's too bad because it's a really cool game.  Guys dedicate their lives to it and fans invest everything in their team for the pure enjoyment.  It's just a lot less fun when you don't know which team really should have won because not everybody is playing by the same set of rules (when that's the definition of a game).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lakers "BIG " TV contract got Mike Brown fired... TV is paying millions and they want "Watchers"  lots of "happy" watchers who will tune in and watch the advertisements and this inturn keeps the "mega dolars" flowing in. Lakers new TV contact is one of the BIGGEST in history and the pressure is on to keep the fans "TUNED IN"

Rators and Bobcats aren't making alot of money for the league .  NBA needs "hero's" ,   you can't put the fans's hero on the bench ( remember they ar the ones tuning in) and the Lakers have ALOT of these and a big promise to the TV people to uphold .

Bad ratings ( no James or Kobe) means less money for the NBA and in turn affects MrSSterns back pocket and most likey those of the refs., or at least they ability to keep their job in some hidden fashion.

Refs ...should be PENALILZED for making bad calls....after a certain number of bad calls ( reviewed by a board of coachs)

There is no CHECKS and Balances to make sure Stern and his Refs are on the UP and UP....we know they aren't.  Well, unless you a a 10 year old and can't tell, long as LBJ is in the game and cruzing along scoring 40 points a game.  ALot of ignorant fans or fans whith their heads in the sand. What ever , something an't adding up.

Just like politicians refs don't want term limits .

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If the League/Refs is/are fixed, than it was fixed for all of Boston's titles.  You see you can't have it both ways.  It can't just be fixed against you and not for you in the years Boston wins.  That is why all of this talk is always so silly.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If the League/Refs is/are fixed, than it was fixed for all of Boston's titles.  You see you can't have it both ways.  It can't just be fixed against you and not for you in the years Boston wins.  That is why all of this talk is always so silly.

Exactly.  Miami gets a lot of calls, but frankly, Lebron in particular earns a lot of calls.  He is THAT freakishly athletic and good.  Yeah, he gets away with fouls sometimes, and gets calls when he wasn't fouled.  But that is because there are so many times that he legitimately earned the calls by really beating his man to the spot, or by getting contact when he beat his man to the basket.

It is not a fix, it is human error leading to guys making essentially informed guesses.  Pierce has also benefited from this whole career, as has KG, who refs just assume is always in the right spot. 

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Exactly.  Miami gets a lot of calls, but frankly, Lebron in particular earns a lot of calls.  He is THAT freakishly athletic and good.  Yeah, he gets away with fouls sometimes, and gets calls when he wasn't fouled.  But that is because there are so many times that he legitimately earned the calls by really beating his man to the spot, or by getting contact when he beat his man to the basket.

It is not a fix, it is human error leading to guys making essentially informed guesses.  Pierce has also benefited from this whole career, as has KG, who refs just assume is always in the right spot.

So, people and proffesions cant chage through time??

or marketing isnt a good motivator of moving the balance a little

Compare 1980 and 2012 is a little reach imho

Nice to be back!

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
What a delight to See Kevin Seraphin against Miami today
reminds me Al Jefferson
Soft Moves and good range destroying Miami defense inside the paint
Still a couple of calls Miami sided but nothing too serious , hope Washington Hang there

Go Washington... today

Nice to be back!