Author Topic: Rondo double digit assists streak  (Read 27137 times)

Re: The Streak
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.

The only streak I am concerned about is us staying on a winning streak. TEAM before ME.

That wide open fast break where he passed to bass almost made me vomit.

Yeah same here. He already had 10 assists which ALMOST makes it better. Still, what the hell was he doing?

Brandon was running hard.  It's instinctual for Rondo to reward his teammates. 

Never change, Rajon.  Never change.  I love that he's selfish about getting assists.  The irony is beautiful.

Yeah I agree with the last two here. If he had 9 assists at the time maybe it's an issue but there's no reasons to have a problem with this. A big time dunk gets the team jacked and the opponents deflated. It's amazing how much crap "fans" give our best player. Dude scores a near triple double and continues a historic streak of TEAM play and still gets dumped on. Unreal.

Noone is dumping on rondo dude. That particular play was a poor decision. Extremely poor.

Its ok to be a fan and be critical of individual games and plays. As long as youre not holding stupid grudges against players for no reason.

Exactly. We as fans have a right to be objective and rondo had some questionable plays in this game that may have cost us the game. We need players that are concerned about winning not breaking meaningless records.

Re: Rondo double digit assists streak
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Record could assist in cementing rondo as best pg ever.

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

That is taken by stockton and magic johnson. rondo is not in the same stratosphere.

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.

The only streak I am concerned about is us staying on a winning streak. TEAM before ME.

Yeah same here. He already had 10 assists which ALMOST makes it better. Still, what the hell was he doing?

Never change, Rajon.  Never change.  I love that he's selfish about getting assists.  The irony is beautiful.

Yeah I agree with the last two here. If he had 9 assists at the time maybe it's an issue but there's no reasons to have a problem with this. A big time dunk gets the team jacked and the opponents deflated. It's amazing how much crap "fans" give our best player. Dude scores a near triple double and continues a historic streak of TEAM play and still gets dumped on. Unreal.

Noone is dumping on rondo dude. That particular play was a poor decision. Extremely poor.

Its ok to be a fan and be critical of individual games and plays. As long as youre not holding stupid grudges against players for no reason.

I have been sticking up for rondo all season long. That being said that pass was STUPID. If it wasn't for terry making that jumper we wouldn't have scored on a possession that should have been an easy layup. The game was still on the line take the easy layup. That's all im saying.

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2012, 11:41:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

That is taken by stockton and magic johnson. rondo is not in the same stratosphere.

Not yet.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2012, 11:42:41 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

Not yet.

won't be. rondo by himself cannot take tis team to a championship.

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

I have been sticking up for rondo all season long. That being said that pass was STUPID. If it wasn't for terry making that jumper we wouldn't have scored on a possession that should have been an easy layup. The game was still on the line take the easy layup. That's all im saying.

True, but the two uncontested layups he got late in the game were pretty much a direct result of Rondo's continuously looking for others in transition.  He's constantly playing a chess game out there. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Not yet.

Yawn.  Stretch. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21

Not yet.

Yawn.  Stretch.
And if back then the NBA was packed with the talent it is now, magic and stockton wouldnt be able to either.

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2012, 11:52:28 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

Not yet.

Yawn.  Stretch.
And if back then the NBA was packed with the talent it is now, magic and stockton wouldnt be able to either.

There was talent what about bird, jordan, barkley and patrick ewing

« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Not yet.

Yawn.  Stretch.

Neither did take their team to a championship by himself.  Guys named Kareem Abdul Jabbar, James Worthy, Michael Cooper, among others, helped Magic out quite a bit. 

Stockton had a little bit of help from a guy named Malone, but, alas, they still never won a title in Utah. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »

Offline Kay.B09

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 10

Not yet.

Ok... John Stockton couldn't take his team to a championship and didn't. He wouldn't have been able to by himself. I'm not saying Rondo is on Stockton's level, but dismissing the possibility of it with that logic is rather dense. Magic was a beast, but his teams were stacked. He was a complete player who did it all, but I seriously doubt if he would've won any championships without the help of Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, etc. Considering the type of players they are, Stockton and Rondo in particular, pass first point guards, it's kind of irrational to say they couldn't lead their teams to a championship. There aren't many players who can, no matter how good you are.

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

Not yet.

Ok... John Stockton couldn't take his team to a championship and didn't. He wouldn't have been able to by himself. I'm not saying Rondo is on Stockton's level, but dismissing the possibility of it with that logic is rather dense. Magic was a beast, but his teams were stacked. He was a complete player who did it all, but I seriously doubt if he would've won any championships without the help of Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, etc. Considering the type of players they are, Stockton and Rondo in particular, pass first point guards, it's kind of irrational to say they couldn't lead their teams to a championship. There aren't many players who can, no matter how good you are.

Either way we have a team that is pretty stacked with talent too very similar to the lakers.

Garnett < Kareem (but is still a solid defensive player)
Green = Worthy
and we still have pierce and terry who are great scorers as well.

« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2012, 12:32:19 AM »

Offline Kay.B09

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 10

Not yet.

Either way we have a team that is pretty stacked with talent too very similar to the lakers.

Green = Worthy

A very, very poor man's Worthy at most. We have some talented players, but this team still has glaring holes. The 80s Lakers had NONE.

« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2012, 12:34:43 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard

Not yet.

Green = Worthy

A very, very poor man's Worthy at most. We have some talented players, but this team still has glaring holes. The 80s Lakers had NONE.

He has potential to be as good as James Worthy. Doc is not utilizing his skillset and letting him start at his natural SF position.