Author Topic: Rondo double digit assists streak  (Read 27269 times)

Re: The Streak
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.

The only streak I am concerned about is us staying on a winning streak. TEAM before ME.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.

The only streak I am concerned about is us staying on a winning streak. TEAM before ME.

true, but it still is an impressive feat...especially if he can beat Magic's record.

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

That wide open fast break where he passed to bass almost made me vomit.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

Oh Rondo was not thinking TEAM there at all. he was thinking ME...for that assist. he should have laid that ball in. It almost cost us. dumb play by Rajon.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Re: Rondo double digit assists streak
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
he is a great floor manager
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Oh Rondo was not thinking TEAM there at all. he was thinking ME...for that assist. he should have laid that ball in. It almost cost us. dumb play by Rajon.

Agreed that was a dumb play at the time, but look how Rondo's obsession with dishing to teammates allowed him to have a couple of wide open lanes to the rack late in the game when we really needed to score.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Yeah same here. He already had 10 assists which ALMOST makes it better. Still, what the hell was he doing?

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah same here. He already had 10 assists which ALMOST makes it better. Still, what the hell was he doing?

Brandon was running hard.  It's instinctual for Rondo to reward his teammates. 

Never change, Rajon.  Never change.  I love that he's selfish about getting assists.  The irony is beautiful.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I like wins, but the fact that he is doing something that is in the books with legends like Stockton and Magic is great.

Also I'm tired of the excuses people are making to try and downplay his double digit assists . First it was he has 3 or 4  HOF players then it went to anyone can have this streak and record (when most don't and it's not that easy to get).

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Never change, Rajon.  Never change.  I love that he's selfish about getting assists.  The irony is beautiful.

Yeah I agree with the last two here. If he had 9 assists at the time maybe it's an issue but there's no reasons to have a problem with this. A big time dunk gets the team jacked and the opponents deflated. It's amazing how much crap "fans" give our best player. Dude scores a near triple double and continues a historic streak of TEAM play and still gets dumped on. Unreal.

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2012, 11:03:03 PM »

Offline CantBeRight

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...BUT 17

TP.
Celtics fan in Houston.

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I liked how Rondo played today though. In the first half he made four fast break mistakes (though not all fault resting on him) that missed us good opportunities, and he has a bad habit of passing up open layups... but I thought he did very well pushing the ball today.

He also was making passes early in the shot-clock while making himself an off the ball threat, which was very good to see.

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
plays like rondo did today show why jeff green has the mental makeup and fortitude to be the leader of the celtics in the future and not rondo who is selfishly only concerned about himself

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
To the above poster, is this supposed to be a joke?

Jeff Green is a mental midget compared to Rondo. 

The same Rondo who was "so concerned with himself" that he played with a dislocated elbow.

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Yeah I agree with the last two here. If he had 9 assists at the time maybe it's an issue but there's no reasons to have a problem with this. A big time dunk gets the team jacked and the opponents deflated. It's amazing how much crap "fans" give our best player. Dude scores a near triple double and continues a historic streak of TEAM play and still gets dumped on. Unreal.

Noone is dumping on rondo dude. That particular play was a poor decision. Extremely poor.

Its ok to be a fan and be critical of individual games and plays. As long as youre not holding stupid grudges against players for no reason.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?