Author Topic: Rondo double digit assists streak  (Read 27134 times)

Re: Rondo double digit assists streak
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
"Rajon Rondo's been given an assist they missed in Milwaukee. That makes 11 for the game and thus a new NBA record 28 straight games of 11+." Via - Sean Grande

this is even more impressive, at least Rondo is #1 in something

Love the fact that Rondo is in the talks with HOF like Stockton and Johnson

Wow that's crazy. Good stuff.

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
"Rajon Rondo's been given an assist they missed in Milwaukee. That makes 11 for the game and thus a new NBA record 28 straight games of 11+." Via - Sean Grande

According to ESPN, they are reviewing a play in the Chicago game, as well, which could potentially give Rondo another assist for the game, too, extending his 11+ assist streak to 29.

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

According to ESPN, they are reviewing a play in the Chicago game, as well, which could potentially give Rondo another assist for the game, too, extending his 11+ assist streak to 29.

I don't get it...I watched the whole game, didn't think Rondo missed any???

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I think they gave Pierce an assist for one of Terry's 4Q jumpers where Rondo made the pass. Terry might have taken a couple of dribbles though.

I love this streak not so much because Rondo is breaking records (which is nice) but because it represents how far he's come in the quest for consistency. At least 10 assists a game is impressive and a sign of how consistently productive he's been in his PG duties. And he's done this with a variety of line ups with injuries and roster changes.

And yes assists don't tell the whole story of who well he run the offense each night but it's the same way points scored tells us nothing of how efficient a night someone had or number of blocks tell us how many possessions went right back to the other team. No stat tell everything.But it's nice to say a night we can expect Rondo to help the team generate at least 20 points. And that's before accounting for passes that lead to FTs and his own scoring.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

According to the CSN announcers at tonight's game, it was actually Grande watching a tape of the game who noticed Rondo should have been credited with another assist. How crazy would that be if it's true?

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
rondo once again leads the league in assists per game. (13.3)

cp3 is 2nd place with 10.3.

Rondo by a landslide. And if one person in the league could get the quadruple double, rondo would be the guy (other than James)

"That doesn't matter at all. Chris Paul is still on a whole other level. Far better player."

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 08:12:59 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Rondo by a landslide. And if one person in the league could get the quadruple double, rondo would be the guy (other than James)

"That doesn't matter at all. Chris Paul is still on a whole other level. Far better player."
So...at the end of the day, Chris Paul can go to sleep thinking that he is the better point guard,  while Rondo polishes his ring.  Fair trade off, I guess...  ;)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

He really isn't. Paul is a far better player than, say, Brandon Jennings and he's on a whole other level than, for instance, Darren Collison. While it may be the case that Paul is the best pg in the league the difference between him and the other top point guards is much smaller than you think.

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

He really isn't. Paul is a far better player than, say, Brandon Jennings and he's on a whole other level than, for instance, Darren Collison. While it may be the case that Paul is the best pg in the league the difference between him and the other top point guards is much smaller than you think.

I think the quotemarks indicate irony/sarcasm :)

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 11:28:10 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I think the quotemarks indicate irony/sarcasm :)

Oops!

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

So...at the end of the day, Chris Paul can go to sleep thinking that he is the better point guard,  while Rondo polishes his ring.  Fair trade off, I guess...  ;)

While Tony Parker polishes his three rings and while Derek Fisher polishes his five?

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

While Tony Parker polishes his three rings and while Derek Fisher polishes his five?

I think the "who has more rings" argument is a bit too simplistic (which is what I think you're getting at).

I do think, though, that some players really should be given a boost in the ratings for their playoff success.  Tony Parker doesn't often get mentioned as a top-five point guard, for instance, but he'd be near the top of guys I'd want in a must-win playoff game.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:43 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I think the "who has more rings" argument is a bit too simplistic (which is what I think you're getting at).

I do think, though, that some players really should be given a boost in the ratings for their playoff success.  Tony Parker doesn't often get mentioned as a top-five point guard, for instance, but he'd be near the top of guys I'd want in a must-win playoff game.

Not to forget that he was actually the (well deserved) Finals MVP in 2007.

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah, me too.  Somewhere right behind Rondo. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

The Streak
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 12:34:15 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.