Author Topic: Rondo double digit assists streak  (Read 27155 times)

Re: Rondo double digit assists streak
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Record could assist in cementing rondo as best pg ever.

That is taken by stockton and magic johnson. rondo is not in the same stratosphere.

Not yet.

won't be. rondo by himself cannot take tis team to a championship.

Ok... John Stockton couldn't take his team to a championship and didn't. He wouldn't have been able to by himself. I'm not saying Rondo is on Stockton's level, but dismissing the possibility of it with that logic is rather dense. Magic was a beast, but his teams were stacked. He was a complete player who did it all, but I seriously doubt if he would've won any championships without the help of Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, etc. Considering the type of players they are, Stockton and Rondo in particular, pass first point guards, it's kind of irrational to say they couldn't lead their teams to a championship. There aren't many players who can, no matter how good you are.

Either way we have a team that is pretty stacked with talent too very similar to the lakers.

Garnett < Kareem (but is still a solid defensive player)
Green = Worthy
and we still have pierce and terry who are great scorers as well.

A very, very poor man's Worthy at most. We have some talented players, but this team still has glaring holes. The 80s Lakers had NONE.

He has potential to be as good as James Worthy. Doc is not utilizing his skillset and letting him start at his natural SF position.

keyword: "potential"
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2012, 12:52:16 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3

That is taken by stockton and magic johnson. rondo is not in the same stratosphere.

Not yet.

Ok... John Stockton couldn't take his team to a championship and didn't. He wouldn't have been able to by himself. I'm not saying Rondo is on Stockton's level, but dismissing the possibility of it with that logic is rather dense. Magic was a beast, but his teams were stacked. He was a complete player who did it all, but I seriously doubt if he would've won any championships without the help of Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, etc. Considering the type of players they are, Stockton and Rondo in particular, pass first point guards, it's kind of irrational to say they couldn't lead their teams to a championship. There aren't many players who can, no matter how good you are.

Either way we have a team that is pretty stacked with talent too very similar to the lakers.

Garnett < Kareem (but is still a solid defensive player)
Green = Worthy
and we still have pierce and terry who are great scorers as well.

A very, very poor man's Worthy at most. We have some talented players, but this team still has glaring holes. The 80s Lakers had NONE.

He has potential to be as good as James Worthy. Doc is not utilizing his skillset and letting him start at his natural SF position.

keyword: "potential"

Some of the clips of worthy i watched were not that impressive jeff green seems to have potential to be better than him with jeffs skillset. remember people stats only tell half the story.

Re: The Streak
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.

The only streak I am concerned about is us staying on a winning streak. TEAM before ME.

That wide open fast break where he passed to bass almost made me vomit.

Yeah same here. He already had 10 assists which ALMOST makes it better. Still, what the hell was he doing?

Brandon was running hard.  It's instinctual for Rondo to reward his teammates. 

Never change, Rajon.  Never change.  I love that he's selfish about getting assists.  The irony is beautiful.

Yeah I agree with the last two here. If he had 9 assists at the time maybe it's an issue but there's no reasons to have a problem with this. A big time dunk gets the team jacked and the opponents deflated. It's amazing how much crap "fans" give our best player. Dude scores a near triple double and continues a historic streak of TEAM play and still gets dumped on. Unreal.

Noone is dumping on rondo dude. That particular play was a poor decision. Extremely poor.

Its ok to be a fan and be critical of individual games and plays. As long as youre not holding stupid grudges against players for no reason.

I have been sticking up for rondo all season long. That being said that pass was STUPID. If it wasn't for terry making that jumper we wouldn't have scored on a possession that should have been an easy layup. The game was still on the line take the easy layup. That's all im saying.

True, but the two uncontested layups he got late in the game were pretty much a direct result of Rondo's continuously looking for others in transition.  He's constantly playing a chess game out there.

You are right that his passing game opened up th lane for him. There are some moments when you're on a fast break 20 feet clear of the opponent when you should just put the ball in the darn hoop though.   :P

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: The Streak
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
Surprised theres no thread on this. He will tie Stockton in today's game with Orlando.

The only streak I am concerned about is us staying on a winning streak. TEAM before ME.

That wide open fast break where he passed to bass almost made me vomit.

Yeah same here. He already had 10 assists which ALMOST makes it better. Still, what the hell was he doing?

Brandon was running hard.  It's instinctual for Rondo to reward his teammates. 

Never change, Rajon.  Never change.  I love that he's selfish about getting assists.  The irony is beautiful.

Yeah I agree with the last two here. If he had 9 assists at the time maybe it's an issue but there's no reasons to have a problem with this. A big time dunk gets the team jacked and the opponents deflated. It's amazing how much crap "fans" give our best player. Dude scores a near triple double and continues a historic streak of TEAM play and still gets dumped on. Unreal.

Noone is dumping on rondo dude. That particular play was a poor decision. Extremely poor.

Its ok to be a fan and be critical of individual games and plays. As long as youre not holding stupid grudges against players for no reason.

I have been sticking up for rondo all season long. That being said that pass was STUPID. If it wasn't for terry making that jumper we wouldn't have scored on a possession that should have been an easy layup. The game was still on the line take the easy layup. That's all im saying.

True, but the two uncontested layups he got late in the game were pretty much a direct result of Rondo's continuously looking for others in transition.  He's constantly playing a chess game out there.

You are right that his passing game opened up th lane for him. There are some moments when you're on a fast break 20 feet clear of the opponent when you should just put the ball in the darn hoop though.   :P

More proof rondo doesnt have that team first mentality that magic and stockton had.

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2012, 01:11:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You guys seriously have no idea what you are talking about if you think Jeff Green is as good, or even in the same stratosphere as James Worthy. Worthy was so much better a player and a more complete player than green as to make the comparison quite silly.

Heck just the fact that as the games got more important, Worthy raised the level of his performance whereas Green's game usually shrinks when the pressure is dialed up, is all you need to know about the difference between these two guys.

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:32 AM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
You guys seriously have no idea what you are talking about if you think Jeff Green is as good, or even in the same stratosphere as James Worthy. Worthy was so much better a player and a more complete player than green as to make the comparison quite silly.

Heck just the fact that as the games got more important, Worthy raised the level of his performance whereas Green's game usually shrinks when the pressure is dialed up, is all you need to know about the difference between these two guys.

Jeff Green is a supremely talented slasher/scorer capable of putting up 20 points per game. The reason he hasn't had the STATS of a James Worthy is because Doc plays him at a 4 for only 20 minutes a game. He is also coming off surgery and has played 10 games so far. Give the guy a break.

« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2012, 02:42:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Jeff Green is a supremely talented slasher/scorer capable of putting up 20 points per game. The reason he hasn't had the STATS of a James Worthy is because Doc plays him at a 4 for only 20 minutes a game. He is also coming off surgery and has played 10 games so far. Give the guy a break.
He isn't in the same class as a player as Worthy. Its that simple. Its like trying to say that Al Jefferson is as good as Kevin McHale. McHale and Worthy are Hall of Fame type players. Green and Jefferson will be lucky to be borderline All-Star caliber players. McHale and Worthy are just at a completely different level, and its not even close.

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2012, 02:47:51 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Whether you like Jeff Green as a b-ball player or not (I know I do) he is no James Worthy. No shame in that.

« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2012, 02:52:35 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this is truly an insult to James Worthy so far. Maybe JG can up his game as an apology to James Worthy.

« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2012, 03:52:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

He isn't in the same class as a player as Worthy. Its that simple. Its like trying to say that Al Jefferson is as good as Kevin McHale. McHale and Worthy are Hall of Fame type players. Green and Jefferson will be lucky to be borderline All-Star caliber players. McHale and Worthy are just at a completely different level, and its not even close.

Nick and others have it right. I like green, I hated worthy as a laker.... But it is no contest. Worthy was clearly the more talented player and he played up to the level of the game's importance.

I think green can be a very good player, but never the level of worthy. Watch videos of the two and you can see the difference in talent.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2012, 04:13:39 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
this is truly an insult to James Worthy so far. Maybe JG can up his game as an apology to James Worthy.

JG wasn't the one doing the Worthy comparison, so why should he? I'm sure he's happy just to be alive, let alone being able to play basketball and make a living of it.

« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not yet.

How many times did you see Stockton do that?

Even Magic had HOFers on the team with him when he was winning.

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Not yet.

How many times did you see Stockton do that?

Even Magic had HOFers on the team with him when he was winning.

Agreed, but let's be real:  Rondo has absolutely zero chance of ever surpassing Magic as the best ever.  There's no shame in that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Was Doc coaching Green in OKC?

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
I get the feeling that plenty of posters have never seen Magic Johnson or James Worthy play.

Rondo, CP3, Rose, Westbrook, etc... are all no Magic.

Jeff Green is no James Worthy (and that particular comparison is highly comical).

2012 KG is no Lakers era Kareem (though closer than the other two comparisons).

If we had the Showtime Lakers in their prime, and added Paul Pierce for good measure, we'd be 14-0, not 8-6.