Author Topic: Am I the Only One Worried About the Nets/Knicks?  (Read 2231 times)

Re: Am I the Only One Worried About the Nets/Knicks?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I just tuned in and it's looking like a great game. IMO, any who doesn't think we should be worried is foolish. We've yet to see anything from our team to think that we can just overlook these guys. They're both better than the Sixers team that took us to 7 last year.

You can worry about the knicks and nets if you want too. I'm confident the only team that is capable of handling us in the east in a 7 game series is the heat.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
not impressed wit neither team, knicks rely on too many 3's nd nets have no interior defense we can beat either team IMO

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Knicks:  no more than last year.

Nets:  not at all.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:40 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Some people are paniking as if playoffs begin in December.. Yes, we have proplems, but we looked even worse in the beginning of last season and picked it up when it mattered. You need to peak at the right time.

So no, I'm not worried about them too much. In a 7 games series we are still the better team with more tools and experience.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 11:03:28 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Nets are a bit worrisome. Excellent rebounding team plus a bonafide top 10 player in Deron and the second best center in the league with Lopez. Put those three things together - a couple nice bench pieces with Brooks, Watson and Evans...that is scary in a 7 game series and this is before Johnson and Wallace find their strides.

Knicks - less so, but those guys are big down low defensively. Another excellent rebounding team - great rebounders in Melo, Kidd, Chandler, Sheed and Camby. And Carmelo is definitely moving the ball better than he ever has in his career. Injuries are, of course, a huge concern for this team but Felton is a very competent point guard.

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Does anyone, other than me, get a little irritated with how well Sheed is playing for the Knicks? He has a 20.6 PER with the Knicks, a rebound rate that is near 16, by far a career high...the guy has been very, very good off the bench. He has his highest TS% since he was in Portland. It drives me a little crazy.

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Does anyone, other than me, get a little irritated with how well Sheed is playing for the Knicks? He has a 20.6 PER with the Knicks, a rebound rate that is near 16, by far a career high...the guy has been very, very good off the bench. He has his highest TS% since he was in Portland. It drives me a little crazy.

I love sheed, i wanted him back to be honest. Big sheed fan.

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 01:03:52 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I'm more excited about it than worried, to be honest.  I love that the Atlantic looks to be one of the toughest divisions in basketball this year.  It's too bad about Bynum and the Sixers, though.  Even so, I think Philly will still be pretty good.

I would love to see four playoff teams from the division.

TP. My same opinion on this

Reminds me of the good old days of the early 2000s with all of the Atlantic Division teams thriving

Sprewell and Houston on the Knicks
Vince Carter on the Raptors
Pierce and Antione Walker on the Celtics
Kidd and Martin on the Nets
Iverson on the Sixers

Ahhhh good times