Author Topic: Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks  (Read 5382 times)

Re: Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I don't think he can create on his own. When he was put in isolation he couldn't do anything. But when he got the ball with his momentum already going (even if it was just a hand off) he beat his man to the hoop.

I think we should use him like we used Bradley last year (make him cut and be active constantly) because he seems to play better in motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvORhP5mVIk
Your right about him in motion, but watch this video, he creates on the motion.  He's one of those right brain basketball players who creates on the go, as opposed to a left brainer like KG or PP who often hold onto the ball much longer and create off of a halt somewhere in their play.

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Without giving it too much thought from either side of my brain, I'd say that Pierce is definitely a right brain creative linking offensive player. He does more with less athleticism, and it's not because his moves are predictable and repetitive.

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

• Kristaps Porzingis
Without giving it too much thought from either side of my brain, I'd say that Pierce is definitely a right brain creative linking offensive player. He does more with less athleticism, and it's not because his moves are predictable and repetitive.
No hes more left because he evaluates the situation and uses a planned attack while green is the type of player to get caught up in thinking and panic so he relies on his right brain instincts on the go.

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
No hes more left because he evaluates the situation and uses a planned attack while green is the type of player to get caught up in thinking and panic so he relies on his right brain instincts on the go.

Nice try.

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »

• Kristaps Porzingis

Nice try.
You're right it was nice of me to correct you, thanks

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I hope for the Celtics and Greens sake , he takes KG's advice to heart and become a TUFFER and more agressive player ON THE COURT.... Green can and should ...you can be agressive without being a D<Wade thug and trying to hurt players.   

Both Bass and Green have shown , attitude goes a long way,   and it shows up on the court and helps your team win.

Please Jeff Green ... no more Mr NICE GUY on the court.!!!!

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

Nice try.
You're right it was nice of me to correct you, thanks

Anytime you get ahead of yourself, I'll letcha know ;)

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
He had a missed dunk down the lane in which he drew a foul ( I think it was sometime in the third quarter) which, to me, seemed to change his whole approach to the game.  Instead of driving and trying to contort his body when he gets in the lane, he started going much stronger and more forcefully.  Those two consecutive straight line drives, one going right, one going left where awesome.  He followed that up with a very confident looking score on the low post.  Add in his chase down block (goaltending?), and his late game strip, and it adds up to a very nice game.

Hopefully, he can start to relax a little and just play now.  He's been picked as the guy who is going to be under the most intense scrutiny by the fans and the media this year. 

If he can let it go, and just play ball, he will really be able to help this team.
I agree, the entire team should take a lesson from Brandon Bass on going up strong to draw the foul.  Ours guys simply do not get enough respect from the refs to keep trying with the finnesse.

True !!  Bass is making extra effort this season , to work harder around the bucket , and I see it paying off.  Finally good have couple bigger fellows (Bass & Sully) grabbing at rebound and working the ball in low.  Both shoot freethrows decent.

Celtics should pound the ball in side to adnausium . Thats the HEATS game. Hurl your body at the rim and throw the ball up and at least you get freethrows. Then when the defense is packed in , pass the ball out to LEE , Rondo PIERCE and JET to shoot 12-15 ft jumpers.  The defense is drawing the Celtics too far out and then we don't take it inside , waste time and throw up a sorry long two shot that is turned into a fast break for the other team.

Green , has the speed and jumping ability to work around the bucket.  He needs to practice those James Worthy twists and turns and fakes.   

I guess we forgot that the Celtics went to the line 34 times and the Bucks only 26.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'd much rather have carl landry and his contract.

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
If he can consistently rebound and defend very aggressively, I'll be very happy - his points will come and would be gravy to me.

really liked the rebounding last night.