Author Topic: Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks  (Read 5389 times)

Re: Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 06:42:43 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
keep the aggression up Jeff. listen to Anthrax or Slayer or Megadeth.
He actually listening the Oppa Gangnam Style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I've been focused in on green lately as most disappointing player so far but im starting to notice lee has been almost as bad if not as bad. I was surprised to see him in the game over terry when terry was having a great game. Unless it was for defensive purposes and even then id rather have terry in there closing the game over lee.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://www.celticslife.com/2012/11/celticsbucks-postgame-interviews.html

Second video is another must watch classic KG interview.

Garnett says Jeff Green's a nice guy but should be something KG "can't really say what he wants to say" instead. Hilarious. Even has a vein on his head and was saying it through clenched teeth.

And in the same video is the cap, sounding like a real vet and a real captain.

This is the kind of veteran leadership I'm talking about.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
keep the aggression up Jeff. listen to Anthrax or Slayer or Megadeth.

LOL ...very funny ;D

He played better , but look , he was sucking so bad , he could only play better. 

The whole team finally looked like they were playing together "AS A TEAM"  for moments anyway or enough to get the win.

Jeff Green has a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go to prove his worth , LOL ...I need a run of about 6 -10 games where he adds 12 points and 7 boards a game to prove he is even CLOSE to being worth his paycheck. I did like his efforts to rebound , at least he wan't shy about getting under the rim and banging some.

If he can be consistant ( what makes a real NBA star) see Kobe , Pierce, LBJ, Love and such well  then I know he has turned the page.

Until I see the output and hussle over a longer amount of games , I'm still on the Josh Smith band wagon.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The fact that he has a 'switch' that has to be flipped to find that aggression is a dirty shame. He has pleanty of talent if we can unleash it. I bet KG has been angrily  looking all over for that thing. Shame on Jeff for making that vein pop out on KG's noggin, I used to do that to my parents for other reasons ;)

Nice game, now how bout another?
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
I don't think he can create on his own. When he was put in isolation he couldn't do anything. But when he got the ball with his momentum already going (even if it was just a hand off) he beat his man to the hoop.

I think we should use him like we used Bradley last year (make him cut and be active constantly) because he seems to play better in motion.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I think there's something to the argument that he's been out of basketball too long and he's taking a while to get back in the swing of things. His free throw percentage is a great example- just a sign that he hasn't got his confidence back yet. If you look at his numbers, they are way down across the board so far this season- yet he has moments.

It's a long season. I think that after a couple months of .500 we're going to be turning a corner and getting really excited about Green, Wilcox, Lee, and Sullinger.

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Great second half from Green. Provided a great spark for us. And how does he get rewarded? By Doc taking him out when he was basically our only offensive threat with a hot hand. I just dont understand it sometimes.

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Great second half from Green. Provided a great spark for us. And how does he get rewarded? By Doc taking him out when he was basically our only offensive threat with a hot hand. I just dont understand it sometimes.

Doc took Green out with 5:05 to play to get KG back in for the final 5 minutes of the game.  Pierce was taking free throws at that stoppage and obviously you aren't taking him out of the game at the end!   At that point, Green had played for 12 straight minutes on the clock (last 5 of the 3rd and first 7 of the 4th) so it made sense to give him a rest.

He then stuck Green back in with 1:48 to go in place of Bass.  He briefly took Green out to get Terry in as a shooter with 25 seconds to go, but 3s later he put Green back in in place of Lee and left him in to the end.

So basically, Doc played Green all but about 3 minutes of the final 17m of the game.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
http://www.celticslife.com/2012/11/celticsbucks-postgame-interviews.html

Second video is another must watch classic KG interview.

Garnett says Jeff Green's a nice guy but should be something KG "can't really say what he wants to say" instead. Hilarious. Even has a vein on his head and was saying it through clenched teeth.

And in the same video is the cap, sounding like a real vet and a real captain.

This is the kind of veteran leadership I'm talking about.

Something lit a fire under Jeff Green at halftime. I think you're onto something that it may have been KG.

First half he looked very tentative, forcing passes, especially inside, where they got turned over.

Hopefully the second half, and especially his crunch time performance is what we'll get more of consistently as the season goes on.

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I think there's something to the argument that he's been out of basketball too long and he's taking a while to get back in the swing of things. His free throw percentage is a great example- just a sign that he hasn't got his confidence back yet. If you look at his numbers, they are way down across the board so far this season- yet he has moments.

It's a long season. I think that after a couple months of .500 we're going to be turning a corner and getting really excited about Green, Wilcox, Lee, and Sullinger.

There's nothing to the argument hes been out of basketball to long...he played better then ive ever seen him in the preaseason.

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

There's nothing to the argument hes been out of basketball to long...he played better then ive ever seen him in the preaseason.

Regular season is a whole different ballgame though. It's like the difference from playing pickup ball with your friends and playing a regular season competitive high school game.

Green will be fine, he's still adjusting to the full on NBA competition.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
He had a missed dunk down the lane in which he drew a foul ( I think it was sometime in the third quarter) which, to me, seemed to change his whole approach to the game.  Instead of driving and trying to contort his body when he gets in the lane, he started going much stronger and more forcefully.  Those two consecutive straight line drives, one going right, one going left where awesome.  He followed that up with a very confident looking score on the low post.  Add in his chase down block (goaltending?), and his late game strip, and it adds up to a very nice game.

Hopefully, he can start to relax a little and just play now.  He's been picked as the guy who is going to be under the most intense scrutiny by the fans and the media this year. 

If he can let it go, and just play ball, he will really be able to help this team. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41:16 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
He had a missed dunk down the lane in which he drew a foul ( I think it was sometime in the third quarter) which, to me, seemed to change his whole approach to the game.  Instead of driving and trying to contort his body when he gets in the lane, he started going much stronger and more forcefully.  Those two consecutive straight line drives, one going right, one going left where awesome.  He followed that up with a very confident looking score on the low post.  Add in his chase down block (goaltending?), and his late game strip, and it adds up to a very nice game.

Hopefully, he can start to relax a little and just play now.  He's been picked as the guy who is going to be under the most intense scrutiny by the fans and the media this year. 

If he can let it go, and just play ball, he will really be able to help this team.
I agree, the entire team should take a lesson from Brandon Bass on going up strong to draw the foul.  Ours guys simply do not get enough respect from the refs to keep trying with the finnesse.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I agree, the entire team should take a lesson from Brandon Bass on going up strong to draw the foul.  Ours guys simply do not get enough respect from the refs to keep trying with the finnesse.

True !!  Bass is making extra effort this season , to work harder around the bucket , and I see it paying off.  Finally good have couple bigger fellows (Bass & Sully) grabbing at rebound and working the ball in low.  Both shoot freethrows decent.

Celtics should pound the ball in side to adnausium . Thats the HEATS game. Hurl your body at the rim and throw the ball up and at least you get freethrows. Then when the defense is packed in , pass the ball out to LEE , Rondo PIERCE and JET to shoot 12-15 ft jumpers.  The defense is drawing the Celtics too far out and then we don't take it inside , waste time and throw up a sorry long two shot that is turned into a fast break for the other team.

Green , has the speed and jumping ability to work around the bucket.  He needs to practice those James Worthy twists and turns and fakes.