Author Topic: Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks  (Read 5381 times)

Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Just a great half of basketball from Jeff tonight.

Hustled and banged inside for the rebounds on D, a great block and a crucial steal at the end there.

Loved the attack to the basket aswell, despite a poor shooting first half.

Thoughts?

(PS that scar on his chest is intense...I sometimes forget what he's been through)

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Jeff Green's Second Half vs. the Bucks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If he can play like that through the whole season, I can safely say that the Perk trade has finally paid off.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'm still a believer in Green..like you mentioned, he's been through a lot and the guy has played 6 meaningful games of basketball in a year..he's gonna take awhile to get comfortable
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
JG won us the game.  Near flawless 4th quarter. 

I was happy that he actually went left for once and finished with a lefty layup.  He almost always goes right when he puts the ball on the floor.  He's very predictable, and this is going to hurt especially come playoff time.  I'd love to see him learn to utilize jump-stops and spin moves. If he could expand his repertoire, he could become a truly formidable offensive force in the league.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
He finally did something and proved he might just be worth a fraction of his 9million dollar contract.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Great 2nd half by Green today.

Now all we need is him posting up against other 3's if he's on the SF spot. And be consistent with this effort of course.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Nice showing from Green for sure.

I was one of the few people who was believing in Green all along, and I have to admit after the first 5 games even I was starting to lose faith a little.

At the end of the day this is just one game, and as the saying goes "every dog has his day". 

Personally I felt like the first few games he looked lacking in confidence, and he just needed a strong game or two to lift his spirit and bring back the aggressiveness we saw in the preseason. I'm hoping that this game gives him that confidence he needs, rather than just being a one off effort that we don't see again for another 2 - 3 weeks.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
The rebounds in traffic really got him going - the effort earned him more burn from Doc and he got into more of an offensive groove.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
sometimes, all it takes is seeing a few buckets going into the basket to get a player going...hopefully this is the jeff green we get going forward

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 02:04:21 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He just needs consistent minutes to get a rhythm.  His shooting percentages are lower than they have ever been.  He'll get it going eventually.  He's our 4th best player.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 02:14:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I almost choked when I saw that he's shooting 56% from the line.
That's the sign of a guy who's lacking confidence. The points and minutes will hopefully get him going.

I was impressed by Bass, Terry and Green tonight.
Lee was pretty horrid and is going to get replaced by Bradley quite easily at this rate.

Surprising to see Terry start with Jennings and Ellis (a very fast, explosive back court), I wonder if Doc will roll with that group more often.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 02:17:03 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
from what I've seen, Jason Terry should continue to come off the bench. Start or bench he seems comfortable with either. Courtney Lee on the other hand disappeared as soon as he came off the bench. So we should switch their roles back. Bass should continue starting with Sully's minute cut and Wilcox minutes increased.

Jeff Green finally seems to get more comfortable as he is a lot more aggressive. But this is just a small sample size. Let's see some consistency first.

I loved the last 2 minutes cuz we played 2 minutes of hard ball defense. I loved the way we ended tonight's game. But I still think that our defense is a work in progress. This is a glimpse of our potential of what we can do for 48 minutes a night and not just towards the end of a game. But I believe by Dec. our team will be a lot more comfortable

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 02:25:12 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'd say Terry is our fourth best player.  He's been very good on offense the last three games.  Since Lee wasn't having much success containing Monta, I would have liked to see Doc sub in Terry in the fourth.  It's a moot point anyway.

It was good to see Green drive right to the rim instead of inexplicably veering away from it and attempting some of the longest layups I've ever seen.  That aggressive dunk attempt seemed to wake him up. 

There's no reason why Green can't consistently do what he did tonight in the fourth: getting kickouts at the three point line and driving past power forwards. He should be an offensive mismatch at the 4.  That should be his calling card.  I haven't been really impressed with his play at small forward.  Even though he's a good run and jump athlete, he's not an overly quick and shifty one, which hampers his ability to beat perimeter defenders off the dribble.

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the key to Jeff will be attacking the basket.  He did poorly when he played to get fouled.   He did well when he attacked the hole.   He needs to do more of the later.

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
keep the aggression up Jeff. listen to Anthrax or Slayer or Megadeth.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;