Author Topic: Have it on good information that Phil Jackson to the Lakers  (Read 8002 times)

Have it on good information that Phil Jackson to the Lakers
« on: November 10, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
he has cancelled a prior engagement he had scheduled to be a keynote speaker at a conference in Chicago on Wednesday. Loooks like Kobe gets his coach back. I dont think this helps the Lakers any, because Phil Jackson is done at this point in his career he willl just milk the Lakers for another 10-15 million dollars. Folks tend to forget that his last year was not so great.

At the end of the day Lakers still have no bench, and no defense. Kobe is slower and hobbled, Nash is old, and Howard is comign off back surgery. As the Celtics are figuring the league is much younger now with kids with spry legs and a lot of energy. You have to be ready to match that night in and night out. The model of the NBA future is not San Antonio, but the Clippers.

Re: Have it on good information that Phil Jackson to the Lakers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would love to see Phil come back to what people believe is a loaded lakers team and fall on his face when they get eliminated in the 2nd round. Anything that tarnishes his legacy is cool with me.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 09:55:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
CSN reporting it's 95% likely at this point. sounds about right--Phil wouldn't coach any team that wasn't a lock to contend and have plenty of top tier talent already there. 

Let him coach Charlotte to the playoffs -- then I'll be impressed

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I called it soon as the firing took place. 

They had Jackson on the hook , BEFORE the firing.

If I was Brown , I'd threw down my stuff and walked out when Jackson was seen in the Lakers practice.

I can't say what I want to say , because its not allowed and thats a shame.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am really surprised Phil Jackson wants to come out of retirement to coach that roster. Difficult group. Badly balanced. Players who don't complement one another well enough. Lots of egos. Doesn't fit his system. Nash problem. Lack of athleticism and depth. Lots of issues.

Phil Jackson does love Dwight Howard though. I am sure he'd love to work with Dwight. The consummate defender and possession creator. The ultimate facilitator in today's league. Does so much to help his teammates.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Went out on a limb there.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Dont see how a coach can ever be "done". Its their mind that makes them good. Theres no way the Lakers aernt gonna be better now and im glad. Reason? Lakers- Celtics finals. LETS GO!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Dont see how a coach can ever be "done". Its their mind that makes them good. Theres no way the Lakers aernt gonna be better now and im glad. Reason? Lakers- Celtics finals. LETS GO!

Celtics have to beat the heat first and watching this team so far this season *Even after beating the bucks* i don't see a team that can beat miami so far.

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

Celtics have to beat the heat first and watching this team so far this season *Even after beating the bucks* i don't see a team that can beat miami so far.
Yeah, last season totally diddnt happen.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

See, I dont really see how you can be considered a real fan mate cause people were saying the EXACT SAME THING last year and we looked even worse than we have looked. Yet, somehow, yall refuse to learn lessons and react the same exact way when we start slow. So I dont see how your really a fan or even an educated observer, since they learn a team's tendencies.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

See, I dont really see how you can be considered a real fan mate cause people were saying the EXACT SAME THING last year and we looked even worse than we have looked. Yet, somehow, yall refuse to learn lessons and react the same exact way when we start slow. So I dont see how your really a fan or even an educated observer, since they learn a team's tendencies.

Last year we lost to the heat. Sooooooooooooo??? That team couldn't beat the heat either. You have no point here.

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:42 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Yeah, last season totally diddnt happen.

Last season did happen. We lost to miami, don't u remember?

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 11:40:12 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

Last year we lost to the heat. Sooooooooooooo??? That team couldn't beat the heat either. You have no point here.
Dont know why I have to tell this to a supposed Celtics fan BUT, we were without several key players and our main players were hurt. You know like Paul Pierce? I dont think your a Celtics fan so ill help you get to know some of the guys on the team. Avery Bradley is another guy on the Celtics who was hurt during the playoffs.

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Dont know why I have to tell this to a supposed Celtics fan BUT, we were without several key players and our main players were hurt. You know like Paul Pierce? I dont think your a Celtics fan so ill help you get to know some of the guys on the team. Avery Bradley is another guy on the Celtics who was hurt during the playoffs.

I know who was hurt and i use that same argument you're using when im debating heat fans. HOWEVER if you're gonna use that argument then you can't IGNORE the fact the heat were missing BOSH for the first 4 or 5 games. You know, ONE OF THEIR BIG 3? Yeah that guy. Also, wade was hurt the whole series as well. I find it funny you try to attack me and say im not a celtics fan just because i said i don't see a celtics team SO FAR that can beat the heat. Just because i refuse to live in LALA land like you doesn't mean im not a celtics fan.

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 11:48:27 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

I know who was hurt and i use that same argument you're using when im debating heat fans. HOWEVER if you're gonna use that argument then you can't IGNORE the fact the heat were missing BOSH for the first 4 or 5 games. You know, ONE OF THEIR BIG 3? Yeah that guy. Also, wade was hurt the whole series as well. I find it funny you try to attack me and say im not a celtics fan just because i said i don't see a celtics team SO FAR that can beat the heat. Just because i refuse to live in LALA land like you doesn't mean im not a celtics fan.
Man, im not living in LALA land. I dont think we currently can beat the Heat but, as was the case with last year, I think we will become a great team and will be able to beat them in a 7 game series. I dont see why others dont have this same faith since we have the same core, the same coach, and more talent than last year.
I also find your response rather bizarre since it was YOU who posted this video just a few days ago. http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=60502.0