Author Topic: Have it on good information that Phil Jackson to the Lakers  (Read 8003 times)

Re: Have it on good information that Phil Jackson to the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Dont see how a coach can ever be "done". Its their mind that makes them good. Theres no way the Lakers aernt gonna be better now and im glad. Reason? Lakers- Celtics finals. LETS GO!

Celtics have to beat the heat first and watching this team so far this season *Even after beating the bucks* i don't see a team that can beat miami so far.
See, I dont really see how you can be considered a real fan mate cause people were saying the EXACT SAME THING last year and we looked even worse than we have looked. Yet, somehow, yall refuse to learn lessons and react the same exact way when we start slow. So I dont see how your really a fan or even an educated observer, since they learn a team's tendencies.

Last year we lost to the heat. Sooooooooooooo??? That team couldn't beat the heat either. You have no point here.
Dont know why I have to tell this to a supposed Celtics fan BUT, we were without several key players and our main players were hurt. You know like Paul Pierce? I dont think your a Celtics fan so ill help you get to know some of the guys on the team. Avery Bradley is another guy on the Celtics who was hurt during the playoffs.

I know who was hurt and i use that same argument you're using when im debating heat fans. HOWEVER if you're gonna use that argument then you can't IGNORE the fact the heat were missing BOSH for the first 4 or 5 games. You know, ONE OF THEIR BIG 3? Yeah that guy. Also, wade was hurt the whole series as well. I find it funny you try to attack me and say im not a celtics fan just because i said i don't see a celtics team SO FAR that can beat the heat. Just because i refuse to live in LALA land like you doesn't mean im not a celtics fan.
Man, im not living in LALA land. I dont think we currently can beat the Heat but, as was the case with last year, I think we will become a great team and will be able to beat them in a 7 game series. I dont see why others dont have this same faith since we have the same core, the same coach, and more talent than last year.
I also find your response rather bizarre since it was YOU who posted this video just a few days ago. http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=60502.0

Ok so you agree with me then but choose to argue anyways? OK. I think we have the potential to be a great team too. Never once said we didn't. Never once said i don't have faith. Your problem is you're assuming alot of things that aren't true and your attack was uncalled for and pointless, simple.

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Dont see how a coach can ever be "done". Its their mind that makes them good. Theres no way the Lakers aernt gonna be better now and im glad. Reason? Lakers- Celtics finals. LETS GO!

Celtics have to beat the heat first and watching this team so far this season *Even after beating the bucks* i don't see a team that can beat miami so far.
See, I dont really see how you can be considered a real fan mate cause people were saying the EXACT SAME THING last year and we looked even worse than we have looked. Yet, somehow, yall refuse to learn lessons and react the same exact way when we start slow. So I dont see how your really a fan or even an educated observer, since they learn a team's tendencies.

Last year we lost to the heat. Sooooooooooooo??? That team couldn't beat the heat either. You have no point here.
Dont know why I have to tell this to a supposed Celtics fan BUT, we were without several key players and our main players were hurt. You know like Paul Pierce? I dont think your a Celtics fan so ill help you get to know some of the guys on the team. Avery Bradley is another guy on the Celtics who was hurt during the playoffs.

I know who was hurt and i use that same argument you're using when im debating heat fans. HOWEVER if you're gonna use that argument then you can't IGNORE the fact the heat were missing BOSH for the first 4 or 5 games. You know, ONE OF THEIR BIG 3? Yeah that guy. Also, wade was hurt the whole series as well. I find it funny you try to attack me and say im not a celtics fan just because i said i don't see a celtics team SO FAR that can beat the heat. Just because i refuse to live in LALA land like you doesn't mean im not a celtics fan.
Man, im not living in LALA land. I dont think we currently can beat the Heat but, as was the case with last year, I think we will become a great team and will be able to beat them in a 7 game series. I dont see why others dont have this same faith since we have the same core, the same coach, and more talent than last year.
I also find your response rather bizarre since it was YOU who posted this video just a few days ago. http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=60502.0

Ok so you agree with me then but choose to argue anyways? OK. I think we have the potential to be a great team too. Never once said we didn't. Never once said i don't have faith. Your problem is you're assuming alot of things that aren't true and your attack was uncalled for and pointless, simple.
Well, I though you were saying that we have no chance to beat the Heat because we are destined to be mediocre. I apologize for saying you are not a fan. Sincerely. I'm glad you agree that we do have the potential to be great. I just have no patience for people who give up on a team because of the first games of the season and I thought thats what you were expressing.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Well, I though you were saying that we have no chance to beat the Heat because we are destined to be mediocre. I apologize for saying you are not a fan. Sincerely. I'm glad you agree that we do have the potential to be great. I just have no patience for people who give up on a team because of the first games of the season and I thought thats what you were expressing.

Its all good. Ill admit sometimes when things aren't going well i get upset and it might come off as if I've given up all hope but that's definitely not the case. I'm just frustrated sometimes is all.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Its all good. Ill admit sometimes when things aren't going well i get upset and it might come off as if I've given up all hope but that's definitely not the case. I'm just frustrated sometimes is all.
Yeah I was surprised when I read your comment (cause I misunderstood your sentiment) cause I really appreciated the video you made.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 01:43:16 AM »

Kiorrik

Oh, get a room :]

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 01:55:12 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Consistently shocked that people can sell themselves on the idea that Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight, Peace and Jamison isn't a completely "loaded" team... while at the same time convincing themselves that adding a hodgepodge of mediocrity to our bench somehow thrusts us into title contention. 

Lakers are unbelievably talented.  The should be destroying this league with a nasty inside/outside game.  Mike Brown is a hack of a coach... Regardless if it's Phil or D'Antoni, that Laker team is probably a threat to win a title this year.  Way too much talent and the pieces fit.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 02:25:44 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I called it soon as the firing took place. 

They had Jackson on the hook , BEFORE the firing.

If I was Brown , I'd threw down my stuff and walked out when Jackson was seen in the Lakers practice.

I can't say what I want to say , because its not allowed and thats a shame.

You're right, they had at least Jerry Sloan and probably Phil Jackson already agreeing to come back..
Evil!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:17:57 PM by Kiorrik »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 03:10:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, if Phil does go back to the purp and gold, he'll go back to a team that, while great, DOES in fact have some holes.

Look at what DAL and POR did to their backcourt - Damian Lillard and Darren Collison weren't flukes. If they can't get better on the perimeter D, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Martin will absolutely DESTROY Nash and older Kobe, plain and simple.

I've said before in similar threads that Nash could a factor in LA getting by OKC - well, not from what I've seen thus far.

As a Diehard Celtics Fan, I wish Phil Jackson good health and all that, but I sincerely hope he falls on his face if he goes back to the Lakers - along with Kobe.

Crash and Burn.

I want an upset Dwight afterwards to leave LA and perhaps go to DAL - leaving Lakers with a 35 yo Kobe, a 34 yo Pau and a shambles of a team left.

Nothing personal ;D.

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 05:45:31 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
The Eternal oportunist strikes again. Why can't he coach a team from scratch like Coach Larry Brown or Doc?
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Loaded team and stacked odds sounds like a Phil special.

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Jackson is ONLY on board when he has ALL the best players and BIGS in the NBA . 

Would love to see him coach  a NON stacked team with out a starting four Alstar lineup and see what he does? 

JAckson is basically  a  "EXPENSIVE BABY SITTER" for a bunch of spoiled divas and bratts.  His specialty is MENDING EGO's and sucking up to the star players , holding their hands, being a nanny and YES MAN to everything they want.

The Lakers and HEAT spoiled bratts couldn't be on a REAL team with a REAL coach like Jerry Sloan . They don't understand dicipline or TEAM concept.

So Kobe has his  #1 cheerleader and tail kisser back to pump up his deflated ego . 

Brown is a MUCH better coach , Jackson is a wierd  ol gray bearded nanny to a bunch of cry babies.

I really dread seeing him sitting on that stupid high chair with that stupid smile on his face that NEVER changes no matter what he is thinking.... thats STRANGE  ::)

Ultimately the Lakers will fail becasue of no bench and having to play Kobe 35-40 minutes a night to win. Injuries WILL finally undo the Lakers. ....they have been TOO LUCKY

Jackson will let them cry on his shoulder , and he'll tell them how great they are and all that... Mike Brown wasn't willing to hold their hands and change their diapers.

It will be easier for Kobe to lose , so now he can go complain to Jackson how everybody else sucks and have temper taintrums.  With another real coach he has to PLAY BALL and keep his big mouth shut... see D Wade for other street ball cry babies.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:39:35 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jackson is such a diva:

When Phil Jackson met with Los Angeles Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss and general manager Mitch Kupchak on Saturday, he asked for travel restrictions, a salary in line with what he previously earned with the Lakers and significantly more say over basketball decisions, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The travel restrictions would limit the number of road games Jackson would have to attend, a source told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8616281/sources-phil-jackson-meets-los-angeles-lakers-brass

A coach who doesn't travel to (some) road games?  What a joke.  Talk about commitment to the team, huh?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I called it soon as the firing took place. 

They had Jackson on the hook , BEFORE the firing.

If I was Brown , I'd threw down my stuff and walked out when Jackson was seen in the Lakers practice.

I can't say what I want to say , because its not allowed and thats a shame.

You're right, they had at least Jerry Sloan and probably Phil Jackson already agreeing to come back..
Evil B$#$^*^&s!

Sloan deserves a chance to coach a loaded team. He's a great coach who never got quite enough talent to win. Phil is the anti-Sloan.

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Jackson is such a diva:

When Phil Jackson met with Los Angeles Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss and general manager Mitch Kupchak on Saturday, he asked for travel restrictions, a salary in line with what he previously earned with the Lakers and significantly more say over basketball decisions, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The travel restrictions would limit the number of road games Jackson would have to attend, a source told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8616281/sources-phil-jackson-meets-los-angeles-lakers-brass

A coach who doesn't travel to (some) road games?  What a joke.  Talk about commitment to the team, huh?
Plus wanting more control over the front office operations.

Watch he gets full control and trades steve nash lol, gotta run the triangle!

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Consistently shocked that people can sell themselves on the idea that Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight, Peace and Jamison isn't a completely "loaded" team... while at the same time convincing themselves that adding a hodgepodge of mediocrity to our bench somehow thrusts us into title contention. 

Lakers are unbelievably talented.  The should be destroying this league with a nasty inside/outside game.  Mike Brown is a hack of a coach... Regardless if it's Phil or D'Antoni, that Laker team is probably a threat to win a title this year.  Way too much talent and the pieces fit.
I'm consistently shocked you think Metta World Peace and Jamison are any good at this point. Peace is an okay defender and a massive offensive liability with tendency to waste possessions for no reason. Jamison is a shooter who can't guard or rebound any position.

The first four names, yes loaded team. Those last two? blech...