Author Topic: Trade idea for Kendrick Perkins....  (Read 4036 times)

Re: Trade idea for Kendrick Perkins....
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I love Perk, will always love Perk, and believe a big chunk of what this team has been missing in recent years related back to his not being around.  We missed that attitude and those elbows, we missed having someone around who would make LeBron and Wade think twice about driving the lane.

BUT...  I think we've got a pretty close facsimile sitting on the bench right now in Darko.  Darko can be that same type of player.  If we continue to have issues with our interior D, I'd love to see him get a few minutes at the 5 and see what happens.

Perk may or may not be significantly better than Darko, but I an sure than Perk isn't $6M better - and that's to say nothing of Bradley, an absolute sparkplug who had a tangible impact on the team's performance, and who is still very young with lots of room for further improvement (hell, just look at how much better he got between year 1 and 2!)

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 01:13:09 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
There is no way in 10 million years I would even contemplate giving up Bradley for Perkins.

We have Collins and Darko - they are both defensive minded 7 footers who are tough, strong and relatively slow. 

Up until today we went through the first 7 games without playing either one of those guys a single minute.

Perkins is a defensive minded big man (he's not 7 foot) who is tough, strong and relatively slow.

Why would I give up a 20 year old ELITE defensive player with a massive upside for something with already have two of? 

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:13 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Screw Perkins. I really want Milsap.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 01:59:56 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Screw Perkins. I really want Milsap.

I have always liked Milsap. I'm not sure that he's exactly what we need (an undersized four) but I do like the way he plays and what he brings to the table.

Everyone here rambles on about Al Jefferson, but every time I've watched the Jazz play Milsap has looked like their star, and Jefferson has looked like a very good role player.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 02:06:10 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If we're reaching back into time to grab a center who helped win us a title, then I'm going for Parish or Walton.

Also, no way OKC gives up their only guy who can hang with Dwight, Z-Bo, and Marc Gasol one-on-one.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 03:17:38 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Perkins is complete garbage and to give up Barbosa and Bradley for that washed up bum is suicide.

He's a bum now. He's got no lift, he can't catch he's declining every year and moves like someone 10 years his senior because his knees are screwed.

No thanks. Another solid big man...perhaps, but Perkins is complete trash now.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
maybe if he meets wade by the bus and breaks his ribs