Author Topic: Time to take a step back from the ledge...  (Read 1697 times)

Time to take a step back from the ledge...
« on: November 10, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
obviously 2-3 with most of our newly acquired roleplayers struggling is not where we wanted to be at this point..

but it has to be said, we've only played 5 games out of an 82game season! the season was never determined by November/December, its all about how you are playing later in the year, its too small of a sample size to start making predictions about teams in the NBA.

How soon we forget how HORRIbLE this team looked last year before the all-star break playing sub .500 ball, people were calling for the big 3 to be traded..and we ended up having the top defense/one of the best records the 2nd half going all the way to game 7 of the eastern conference finals..

so, sit back...we might be playing horribly right now, but theres too much talent in guys like Courtney Lee, Green etc. to stay in these slumps all season. and this team WILL get it defensively eventually

Re: Time to take a step back from the ledge...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
TP.

I couldn't agree more.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
+1 for your optimism.

Given all the talent that we have, you should be right.

My only concern is Doc's ability to best utilize all that talent.

Being this deep, we should be running teams into the ground. Not sure Doc has the capacity to handle all that depth.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Continuity and Chemistry do take time.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
That's the spirit! Have a Tommy Point.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 08:10:09 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
They clearly will get better. After 5 games, however, my main question is does this team have all of the right parts to win a championship or is it a mismatched set of parts? My concern is that there may be a few square pegs trying to fit into round holes.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Gotta agree with the OP.  :)

We may not agree with Doc's methods so far, but he has a record of getting the team on track by the end of the year and getting us a decent playoff berth. We just need a little patience.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
You know what puts people on that ledge?  Stuff like putting Sully in the starting rotation over Bass and then not just Bass moving back to start against the Bucks but Sully only playing 7 minutes.  Doc loved Sully so freakin' much that he puts him ahead of the guy who helped up get to game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals last season, the decides he's barely worthy of scrub minutes?

Mike

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:43 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i say let those people on the ledge jump.  their bi-polar reactions/rants after each game is annoying to listen to.  the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
'Agree totally with the OP.

Wilcox is finally getting into game shape and that is having an obvious positive impact on the big man rotations.

When Darko gets healthy from the wrist injury, that will further beef up our front court.

It cannot be overstated just how 'big' of an impact getting these two guys (6' 10" and 7' 1", respectively) back and into that front court rotation will be.   

And of course, we are still weeks before we get to see Bradley on the court. 

Add in the impact that Bradley can have on our backcourt, perimeter and transition D to the improvements we can get from the two aforementioned bigs, and it is pretty clear that this team has a ton of potential yet to be realized on the floor.

(Aside to MBunge - It's pretty clear that a big chunk  (15:06) of the 'bench big' minutes that Sully 'lost' went to Wilcox.  This (and starting Bass) is not a reflection of Doc being down on Sully.  It is a reflection that Bass (who has been playing very, very well) gives us a little more mobility in the starting lineup and Wilcox gives us a lot more mobility (and length) off the bench and this was against a team that had just run up and down the floor against us a few days ago.  That's called making adjustments.   Doc made it clear from well before the season that he was going to try a lot of different starting lineups.  So no one should be scratching their heads or reading too much negativity into someone being 'benched'.)

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 02:20:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
i say let those people on the ledge jump.  their bi-polar reactions/rants after each game is annoying to listen to.  the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thats the way the Lakers fans feel too  ::).   No knee jerk reaction , beside listening to Magic Johnson whine and moan about Brown and every other person on the Lakers nation and fan club is disarray after 10 days of basketball. Kobe crying and looking dejected , the media crying on behalf of the Lakers. Wow , we only quibble lightly and passively on this blog , just read a LA blog sometime ::) 

Tell the Lakers the first 15 games of the season don't matter.  ;D

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Thats the way the Lakers fans feel too  ::).   No knee jerk reaction , beside listening to Magic Johnson whine and moan about Brown and every other person on the Lakers nation and fan club is disarray after 10 days of basketball. Kobe crying and looking dejected , the media crying on behalf of the Lakers. Wow , we only quibble lightly and passively on this blog , just read a LA blog sometime ::) 

Tell the Lakers the first 15 games of the season don't matter.  ;D

i couldn't give two craps about laker fans, media, and websites. 

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I just cant read too much into these early line up and rotation minutes changes at this stage of the season. I think we will see a few more of them as matchups dictate. We really are only talking about the PF and SG positions anyway.

Does anyone really think Jet is going to start a lot of games? We will need his second unit 3pt shooting and I dont see anyone else giving it to us at this point.

Did anyone consider that maybe Sullinger is a little banged up or maybe even overwhelmed and Doc just wanted to give him a nite off without making a big deal of it?

There is a bunch of talent on this team and a fair amount of depth. I think it will take while longer to sort itself out. When it finally does, we will have a powerhouse. Until then, there will be a few nites when we are left scratching our head.

On the positive side, we had much better performances from Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku