Author Topic: it may be early, but I have seen enough and I am full  (Read 6937 times)

Re: it may be early, but I have seen enough and I am full
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Laker won't even make playoffs

Oh Man I'd LOOOOOOVE THAT if it happened, lol

A Dream Come true.

Mike brown's head would be on a pike.

I predict Mike Brown will be fired before the All-Star break.
Never understood why they didn't stay with the triangle offense and turn the team over to Brian Shaw. Mike Brown is a fool for trying the Princeton offense knowing Kobe will blow it up because he has to get his shots off and have the ball in his hands.

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Seriously, what is it with people and overreacting?

The following teams have a better record than the Miami Heat at this point in time: Orlando, Milwaukee, New York, and San Antonio. How sustainable do you think this is? Only New York and San Antonio have even a chance of keeping up, but in the long run Miami is better than both. Orlando and Milwaukee probably won't make the playoffs.

Portland, Golden State, Clippers, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Chicago, and Indiana all have the same record as the Heat. Again, are we annointing the Warriors as the class of the West? No? Then it isn't time to be concerned about the Cs yet.

Honestly, I know this is just going to fall on deaf ears, because all people around here ever seem to do is overreact based on small sample sizes, but I figured I might as well point it out.

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
People freak out at things they don't understand and I defy anyone to explain the poor performances this Celtic team has turned in over the past 3 years.  To come out shaky against the Heat?  Okay.  To stink the joint out against the Bucks?  And then to basically win just one out of four quarters against a bad Wizards team?

You play with fire long enough, you get burned.  This team has been juggling bonfires for the last three years when it comes to consistent effort and execution on court.

Mike

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
perhaps this thread cab be joined with the yes or no Doc thread...

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I agree this is overreacting but I also think all the morale victory almost beating the heat stuff is just as comical....we got lucky last season playing the hawks and 76ers in the playoffs and chris bosh missing the first 5 games in the heat series didnt hurt either

How is the premise of calling beating the Hawks and Sixers "luck" any more objective than someone lauding that we took the Heat to 7 but still lost? You just sound like a glass half-empty guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you can't try to have it both ways and then call the glass half-full guy "comical".

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Things will look up for this team once Bradley comes back but i really think Doc needs to shorten the rotation when that happens.

Something like...

Rondo (36)          Terry ( 8 )             Bradley (4)
Bradley (22)         Terry (16)           Lee (10)
Pierce (33)            Green (15)
Bass (28)              Green (10)         Wilcox (10)
Garnett (30)          Martin (13)         Wilcox (5)

I expect the Celtics to probably cut Joseph or Collins (probably Collins) and sign a servicable defensive big like Kenyon Martin. They really need it. Courtney Lee hardly deserves to be in the rotation but whatever. I also like Wilcox over Sullinger. 

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 05:52:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
BYE!  Don't let the door hit your rear when your leaving....

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 08:07:46 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I've seen enough, over the last two years, to know I loathe Bass's defensive game. When he comes in, the layup/dunkfest begins.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2012, 08:12:05 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I've seen enough, over the last two years, to know I loathe Bass's defensive game. When he comes in, the layup/dunkfest begins.

He is a chronic over-hedger.

When he hedges on help D he ends up about 4 feet outside the 3 point line while his man is inside the key.

The only guy I've seen who is worse is Ryan Hollins.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?