Author Topic: Are we going to lose Darko?  (Read 4230 times)

Re: Are we going to lose Darko?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Just a couple of points.

If I was a player, I sure wouldn't want my possible contributions to the team based on 4 minutes in 5 games!
The combo of Darko, Sully, JGreen, and JT really worked most exellently in preseason. Leave BB in the starting lineup and then bring this unit in when KG checks out!?? Leaves dirty work to Darko and Sully, and lets JT and JG do their thing without worrying about involving everyone else in the offense.
If C's were 4-1 or 5-0 and running like a finely tuned machine, I would imagine Darko would be enjoying it as much as we would. But when you're only wins are 1 pt. and OT against one of the lousier teams in the league, playing shorthanded on top of it, you gotta understand if that isn't going over to well!
Small ball stinks, and even CW is only 6'10", and really a PF, not a center! So Doc playing him is not REALLY getting away from playing small ball. We've got 3 7's on the bench--two of which have a rep for shot blocking, and the other a solid defender.  I have no prob with Doc's experimenting with different rotations, but only experimenting with "small ball" rotations is the problem.
Really tired of other teams doing basically layup drills against us when KG goes out! Last year we had Steimer. No easy shots at the rim, especially when he AND KG were in together. I think thats this years teams biggest problem--NO INTIMIDATION in the middle!

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I wish we play him, because we could, confidence wise.

Not that he's a superstar, but he has a lot to offer for us, mainly his shot blocking. And lets not forget he can hit midrange and a very underrated passer.

We need to play big, KG is not intimidating anymore. Bass and Sully is not intimidating no one. Darko atleast will give us a shot blocking presence, and we might kill his confidence and when we need him, it'll be too late.

Let's remember, this guy reportedly was offered a lot of money to play in Europe, stayed and chose to play for us for less because he saw something to this team. I just don't want him losing all confidence because he's not getting a role. 

Pearljammer is right.

#FreeDarko
THIS!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So, you guys want to go with an eleven man rotation?  Or, do you want him to replace either Wilcox or Sully in the rotation?  Which one?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Hope not.

I was estatic when BOS got him, and I'm still excited about him being in Green.

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 03:40:48 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
We picked up a guy who has been labeled a bust because he never lived up to expected potential. When he got here, though, becoming a C, playing with KG, coached by Doc, he seemingly started to transform to a player who put his past behind him and really started to "buy in" to our system and just try to be the best player he could be.  And it was working! He, arguably was one of our best performers in preseason.  You could just see the competitor coming back out in him.
Fast forward to the regular season. Buried on the bench. Four minutes in one game. His wrist is bothering him, but he said it wasn't serious and just something he'd be playing through all season, and that it wouldn't affect him that much.
Attitudes have a way of souring quickly though when you kindle a lost fire in someone, and then just as quickly douse it.  He just showed so much potential, in areas that we desperately need, that it's really ticking me off that Doc has just turned his back on him!

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, Doc seems obsessed with smallball, which doesn't work for us, because we don't have two of the top five players in the league.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Is Darko able to play now? He is definitely a serviceable backup center. Let's hope Doc is not obsessed with the small linups.

He is!!! I have been saying it for years.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
He deserves a chance for the simple sake that we are horrible at defending the rim right now. He is supposedly a good high post facilitator according to Pierce, so maybe he can help the offense a little bit too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
Why are we always telling Doic how he should coach the team? Use this player; use that player; etc etc. It seems we dont think he is capable of making the right decisions. We dont tell Mr. Spielberg how he should do his business, Right? Why do we have to tell Doc? Could it be that we find him incapable of running this ship the right way? I honestlyt believe we won in 2008 in spite of him. We were the best; we caught the league by surprise and we won it all cause we had intelligent players. Now that we are not so good, we cannot do it by ourselves and we have to tell him how to do it?. I think we do.
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
So, you guys want to go with an eleven man rotation?  Or, do you want him to replace either Wilcox or Sully in the rotation?  Which one?

Do what Pop does.

Blair logs a DNP some games because he can't deal with the length of some teams. Splitter could play 30 one game and 20 the next.

Against the Heat I'd guess we need quickness and athleticism. Sully at center was just a liability, play Wilcox.

When playing the 6ers or the Bucks a legit front court would help. Sully/Bass + Wilcox/Darko/Garnett would be nice.

But what do I know. I'm not paid millions a year to coach basketball. Maybe letting opposing bigs having their way with us and having our opponents getting into our paint is really a good thing.

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
KG will get hurt and/or need to sit for a few games. We will start Darko then.

I think Doc knows this and is experimenting with the small lineups while KG is healthy.

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Do what Pop does.

Blair logs a DNP some games because he can't deal with the length of some teams. Splitter could play 30 one game and 20 the next.

Against the Heat I'd guess we need quickness and athleticism. Sully at center was just a liability, play Wilcox.

When playing the 6ers or the Bucks a legit front court would help. Sully/Bass + Wilcox/Darko/Garnett would be nice.

But what do I know. I'm not paid millions a year to coach basketball. Maybe letting opposing bigs having their way with us and having our opponents getting into our paint is really a good thing.

The Sixers without Bunym aren't a particularly imposing front court.  I'm trying to remember which terrifying low post presence plays for the Bucks.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Why are we always telling Doic how he should coach the team? Use this player; use that player; etc etc. It seems we dont think he is capable of making the right decisions. We dont tell Mr. Spielberg how he should do his business, Right? Why do we have to tell Doc? Could it be that we find him incapable of running this ship the right way? I honestlyt believe we won in 2008 in spite of him. We were the best; we caught the league by surprise and we won it all cause we had intelligent players. Now that we are not so good, we cannot do it by ourselves and we have to tell him how to do it?. I think we do.

Exactamundo
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Do what Pop does.

The Sixers without Bunym aren't a particularly imposing front court.  I'm trying to remember which terrifying low post presence plays for the Bucks.

Hawes had his way with us both meetings.

As for the Bucks...well, I just don't like Sully at center right now.

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Do what Pop does.

I don't like Sully at center, either.  That's why I'm a big proponent of more minutes for Chris Wilcox.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Do what Pop does.

I don't like Sully at center, either.  That's why I'm a big proponent of more minutes for Chris Wilcox.

I was thinking maybe Wilcox and Darko were injured at the beginning of the season.

But after seeing Wilcox play I'm starting to think it's just Doc not wanting to play them and insisting on small ball as others have suggested. Very frustrating.