Author Topic: Are we going to lose Darko?  (Read 4270 times)

Re: Are we going to lose Darko?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So, you guys want to go with an eleven man rotation?  Or, do you want him to replace either Wilcox or Sully in the rotation?  Which one?

Do what Pop does.

Blair logs a DNP some games because he can't deal with the length of some teams. Splitter could play 30 one game and 20 the next.

Against the Heat I'd guess we need quickness and athleticism. Sully at center was just a liability, play Wilcox.

When playing the 6ers or the Bucks a legit front court would help. Sully/Bass + Wilcox/Darko/Garnett would be nice.

But what do I know. I'm not paid millions a year to coach basketball. Maybe letting opposing bigs having their way with us and having our opponents getting into our paint is really a good thing.

The Sixers without Bunym aren't a particularly imposing front court.  I'm trying to remember which terrifying low post presence plays for the Bucks.

Hawes had his way with us both meetings.

As for the Bucks...well, I just don't like Sully at center right now.

I don't like Sully at center, either.  That's why I'm a big proponent of more minutes for Chris Wilcox.

I was thinking maybe Wilcox and Darko were injured at the beginning of the season.

But after seeing Wilcox play I'm starting to think it's just Doc not wanting to play them and insisting on small ball as others have suggested. Very frustrating.

I think Wilcox was injured (or at least not in good game shape) to start the season.  I think we'll continue to see him have a larger role with this team as he keeps rounding into shape. 

If he gets a DNP tonight, then you might have a legitimate beef. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson