Author Topic: Mike Brown fired  (Read 14859 times)

Re: Mike Brown fired
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Dantoni would be a dumb hire despite how many points they might score in the regular season
Agreed -- very bad choice for that roster.

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 01:41:11 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
No coach is going to be able to make the Lakers keep up with younger, athletic teams. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Lakers should hire Sloan.
yeap, i was going to say that.

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Dantoni would be a dumb hire despite how many points they might score in the regular season...unless brown stayed on as an assistant haha

I actually think D'Antoni would be great for them.  Yeah, he doesn't preach defense, but with Howard in the middle, that can cure a lot of woes defensively.

Now they just need to trade Gasol for Bargnani and Fields, and they will be a scary (and fun!) team to watch.

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

How long before Sloan and Kobe get into a fight in practice?

Mike

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is nothing short of awful news for Celtic fans.  Mike Brown is the thing holding back that team from eating this league alive.

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The title goes through Miami not LA.

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Mike

I actually think Dwight and his goofy demeanor would be more the issue with Sloan.  I could see Kobe and Sloan meshing with their no nonsense approach.

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
Do laker fans ever not get what they want?

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Mike

Yeah, Sloan isn't a great coach for veterans.  Other than the run with Stockton and Malone...and I think those teams were kind of built in his image...Sloan is at his best with younger teams, where he gets the young guys to play disciplined and play above their heads.

They need someone who is going to put in a system that works, and who knows how to massage egos.  I think Sloan just doesn't deal with egos, and that won't work with this team.

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2012, 01:51:03 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
But could they get him?  I think he is a great coach but I am not sure he wants to be baby sitting guys like DH.

yeap, i was going to say that.

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
This is nothing short of awful news for Celtic fans.  Mike Brown is the thing holding back that team from eating this league alive.

Agreed..hiring Eddie Jordan to essentially be the offensives coordinator didn't help...but that's why I'm confused a celtics fan said excellent news.....yeah not for us....id guarantee they win it all if they could somehow get Phil out of retirement....to me mcmillian or dantoni doesn't do that

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton

Agreed..hiring Eddie Jordan to essentially be the offensives coordinator didn't help...but that's why I'm confused a celtics fan said excellent news.....yeah not for us....id guarantee they win it all if they could somehow get Phil out of retirement....to me mcmillian or dantoni doesn't do that

I read that as excellent news from the lakers perspective.

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not sure about Jerry Sloan without a training camp.

His system is quite complicated. Lots of learning. Even with the practices they have ahead of them, LA's older guys will likely need a fair number of them off in order to rest.

Not sure Sloan will have enough time to install his system without a training camp.

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yes if true this is BAD news for the Celtics. Brown was/is our ACE in the bag.  Nice man , smart , but not a great leader. DOesn't take a rocket scientist to see that much.

Magic Johnson wanted him fired last season, pretty much said so right on TV after LA got taken out.  I see he has already tweeted his approval of the firing.  Magic got Westpaul fired ... so more of the same.

Talk about a KNEE JERK reaction....its only 5 games into the season and they are that paniced to FIRE the coach already ??? that is cruel .  Dang ... and I thought CELTIC fan were tuff ;D

True is , Howard in UNSIGNED for the future , he may still dream of NJ or another team. Nash is already TOO old , he is an injury waiting to happen,  he'll never make it though the rest of the season in one piece playing 35-40 minutes a game.

Worse is KOBE is 34 , he has maybe this year and ONE more KOBE superman year left ,  his youth is leaving him fast.

LA has this year and the next , before Pau is older, Kobe slows more and NASH is in the nursing home with SHEED.

Howard or NO HOWARD ...it isn't going to be easy for LA to win championships when Kobe is gone ...your drop 40 point guy anytime he takes over retires. ::)

LA fans know the Kobe years are fading fast ...Booo hoo :'(

Yes ...they are on the TWO YEAR plan  for sure.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:17:43 PM by SHAQATTACK »