Author Topic: Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault  (Read 10857 times)

Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
I say yes, he has plenty of time to get them working cohesively. They look lost. I keep hearing it's a work in progress.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:02:21 PM by Pucaccia »

Re: Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'd say give them some time. Politics is usually not a part of this forum so why link the 2?

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I say yes, he has plenty of time to get them working cohesively. They look lost. I keep hearing it's a work in progress. It's starting to sound like the Obama administration.
In LA they already calling for Brown to be fired.
i'm not saying Dos should be fired, but he is should be held responsible.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
we have 4 games played
or did i miss something ?

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not wild about Doc's minute allocations so far but it should work itself out in time.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about at this point in time. Doc is still feeling his way through the roster and trying to get an idea of where his best team is.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This team has made no secret of the fact that their goal is to be hitting the playoffs at full stride.  That is their mindset from the top to the bottom.  So, while Doc does hold some blame to the less than stellar start, I am not sure it is that much off their plan. 

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
we have 4 games played

Are you satisfied with those games?

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
I'd say give them some time. Politics is usually not a part of this forum so why link the 2?
Your correct, I modified.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
We have 4 guys who were on the roster last year, and 8 who were not.

Every single lineup we have on the floor right now consists of a set of players - in some cases, 3, 4 or even 5 - who have played a total of 4 NBA games together, and probably a total of 20-60 minutes together on an NBA court.

Or, put another way: at NO point this year have the Celtics fielded a lineup that was on the court for even one minute last year.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Fault for what? Having one more loss than we should have right now? Did anyone really think we would be any better than 3-1 right now? Our record is 2-2.

Is it Doc's fault we won a ring in 2008, was within a Game 6 Perk injury of winning another ring in 2010 and taking last year's champs to the brink in a 7 game ECf last year?

Because if those things are his fault too, then yeah, being 2-2 is his fault right now.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
we have 4 games played

its 4 games, i'm more than satisfied with our team, coach, gm and announcers
you can't panic or try to point fingers
ITS 4 GAMES

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Or, put another way: at NO point this year have the Celtics fielded a lineup that was on the court for even one minute last year.

Dallas is 4-1 with huge roster turnover and no Dirk.

It's silly to panic after 4 games, but I think there are a few things we can already say about this team.

1.  It ain't winning anything playing Sully and Bass major minutes at the 5.

2.  Paul Pierce cannot be relied upon to carry the team like he did in the past.

3.  Boston must play at a faster pace than in the past, particularly when you've got Rondo on the court with our younger, faster bench.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
   Fault implies there is something that requires blame.  We lost two basketball games.  That's normal.  Miami lost, San Antonio lost, Oklahoma lost why are we any different?  There is no "fault" we lost to teams that played better than us. 
   What you actually mean is why does the teams play not match the expectations you had of them before they actually played?  That is easy, your expectations were unrealistic.  This Celtics team is a great team.  They will be a great team when it matters.  But for anyone to expect this team to be a great team from game 1 to game 82 is unrealistic. 
   Sullinger will improve by leaps and bounds (not literally) as he gets used to the NBA pace and personnel.  Jeff Green will get better the further he gets from missing a season due to heart surgery to actually playing and competing for a championship.  Terry will become better once he understands his role in the Boston offense.   The team will get better as Terry, Lee and others get used to Rondo (and KG).  Doc will get better as he learns more about what works and what his players are capable of against NBA teams. 
   At the end of the day, we're going to win a lot of games and compete for a championship.  Rondo is better than last year.  Bass is better than last year.  KG and Paul continue to look great.  Avery Bradley is another year older, extremely confident, hungry and hopefully healthy.  The talent in our bench is incredible.  If Kobe, Nash, Peace, Gasol and Howard struggle learning a new system playing 40 min a game, why wouldn't our bench which has 5 new players playing only 20 min?
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

Dallas is 4-1 with huge roster turnover and no Dirk.

It's silly to panic after 4 games, but I think there are a few things we can already say about this team.

1.  It ain't winning anything playing Sully and Bass major minutes at the 5.

2.  Paul Pierce cannot be relied upon to carry the team like he did in the past.

3.  Boston must play at a faster pace than in the past, particularly when you've got Rondo on the court with our younger, faster bench.

Mike
Dallas is starting from scratch.  Marion was the only starter that was even on the team last year.  They have talented veterans who are playing their game.  The Celtics have a ton of new pieces to fit onto a very complex system on both ends of the floor.  We are not going to change our system based around Rondo, Paul and KG.  Dallas will actually struggle more when Dirk comes back because the others will have to adjust to playing with Dirk.  Right now they have no stars that demand adjustment from other people. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
we have 4 games played

its 4 games, i'm more than satisfied with our team, coach, gm and announcers
you can't panic or try to point fingers
ITS 4 GAMES

TP. Yup, its 4 games. the team is 2-2. No need to panic and point fingers. Doc is one of the absolute top coaches in the NBA.

I expected the team to struggle out the gate. They have a ton of new players in the rotation. They are also thin in the front court. there is a big talent drop off after KG in the front court. That will probably be their undoing in the end. But what can you do? Blake Griffen, Chris Bosh and Lamarcus Aldridge aren't exactly available.

After 10 games this team will probably be 5-5.

When Bradley gets back things will really get rolling. The chemistry will be better. And there will be a pit bull of a defender in the back court. His energy last year (combined with KG) really ignited an awesome defensive streak.