Author Topic: Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault  (Read 10863 times)

Re: Yes or No? It's Doc's Fault
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
5 games in...It's like groundhog day at the start of every season.
We have plenty of new players but we also have some OLD men on our team.

KG and Pierce are still not at 100%
Jeff Green is still working his way around the court after major surgery and not being able to even walk 9 months ago.
We have a very long season ahead of us and a very deep bench that needs to learn and master a difficult defensive system.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. No one is to blame.
We aren't the Lakers here. You give people more than 5 games, particularly if they won you a championship and got you darn close on multiple occasions.

sadly PP KG and RAY gave you the championship not to mention PJBrown and rookie pg

its another enviroment league is tougher now
really tougher..
we will see
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2012, 04:01:52 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
5 games in...It's like groundhog day at the start of every season.
We have plenty of new players but we also have some OLD men on our team.

KG and Pierce are still not at 100%
Jeff Green is still working his way around the court after major surgery and not being able to even walk 9 months ago.
We have a very long season ahead of us and a very deep bench that needs to learn and master a difficult defensive system.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. No one is to blame.
We aren't the Lakers here. You give people more than 5 games, particularly if they won you a championship and got you darn close on multiple occasions.

The team that won us a championship is long gone. Still we have enough talent to compete at the highest level. Sooner or later you will have no choice but to blame doc if this keeps up much longer. If he plays bass and sullinger together one more time im gonna puke.

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think most of this is on the players but I'm also not overly concerned.

They need time to gel and some of these guys just plain need to step up and play better.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Is it Doc's fault that Terry, Green and Lee have under achieved so far?

Pierce and KG are actualy playing well, Bass is solid and Rondo has been good but just not at his best.  Those are the guys that were in the rotation last year so hopefully it's just a matter of familiarity.  Once the rest of the new guys understand their roles better hopefully things turn around.

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Is it Doc's fault that Terry, Green and Lee have under achieved so far?

Pierce and KG are actualy playing well, Bass is solid and Rondo has been good but just not at his best.  Those are the guys that were in the rotation last year so hopefully it's just a matter of familiarity.  Once the rest of the new guys understand their roles better hopefully things turn around.

Pierce has played well really?

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I say yes, he has plenty of time to get them working cohesively. They look lost. I keep hearing it's a work in progress.

we started last season 5 wins to 9 losses on a shortened schedule and we were 1 quarter away from ruining the Chosen One's NBA Finals destiny.  chill out.

And we werent prepared to play in game 6 and had a terrible gameplan in game 7, wouldve lost in the second round if derrick rose doesnt get injured and were lucky chris bosh missed more then half of the heat series... we almost got to the finals...really almost? who cares

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2012, 09:39:04 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I say yes, he has plenty of time to get them working cohesively. They look lost. I keep hearing it's a work in progress.

In a way yes. It's Ye players fault that they can't figure stuff out and accept the coaching, but Dic has to notice when a player is continually making bad decisions and make he adjustment to somebody else. Bass has been hesitant on offense and trying to be a hero by picking up PGs on D... The guy has got to be talked to.

On the other hand Rondo and KG's post game talks have made it sound like they believe their teammates need to step up

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Message to Doc:
Enough with the small ball. Joseph is better than Lee at this point and Bass and Wilcox are better than Green. People should be screaming for more minutes from Wilcox!

Barbosa has looked really good and he has the quickness to stay with the younger teams. Jason Terry has looked old (and he is) and courtney lee and jeff green have not made their expected leaps in play. was this unrealistic, yes. will they get there, maybe.

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Message to Doc:
Enough with the small ball. Joseph is better than Lee at this point and Bass and Wilcox are better than Green. People should be screaming for more minutes from Wilcox!

Barbosa has looked really good and he has the quickness to stay with the younger teams. Jason Terry has looked old (and he is) and courtney lee and jeff green have not made their expected leaps in play. was this unrealistic, yes. will they get there, maybe.

I agree for the most part.

On green, I'd just like to see them play him extended minutes at the 3. He gets aggressive offensively and defensively going up against other 3's, his best stretchs, and he's had a few here and there, have come when against a SF.

I know they think he's a matchup problem for 4's due to his quickness, but he doesn't exploit it, he seems to be more of a power guy to me, which i like, but that's wasted when you tell him "go post up that 4."

also I think Terry has looked fine the last few games. If we had pulled it out last night everyone would be heaping praise on him for his 4th quarter.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'm putting the blame on JEFF GREEN.  He was supposed to be able to score  12-18 points a night and grab decent number of rebounds.

IF he could play HALF as good as people (including Danny ) though , we would have had one loss to the HEAT and thats it.

I'm to the point ..I MUCH rather see Wilcox , Joseph , or Darko in there than Green.

Green is giving us NOTHING , the CELTICS NEED somebody on the court who can produce.  ANd its not Green. >:(

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm putting the blame on JEFF GREEN.  He was supposed to be able to score  12-18 points a night and grab decent number of rebounds.
Maybe he would, but not by standing around in the corner.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2012, 10:47:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

He just looks lost out there to me.

The Celtics are like a band all trying to play/learn their respective parts to may nice music .  Practice is painfully making some of them better.  I think JET and LEE and WILCOX and SULLY "GET IT"  and will help the the big three., down the road anyway.

Green on the otherhand is not on same sheet of music , he looks as lost on both sides of the ball. I cringe when I see him in there.  Well, I cringe too, when I see Bass come in when KG sits and SULLY should SIT as well.  BASS and WILCOX/DARKO need to enter the game at the same time.  This is not rocket science, we would do this good coaching playing CITY LEAGUE.

Maybe its me, but anytime Green does something good, it is almost by accident.

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

On green, I'd just like to see them play him extended minutes at the 3. He gets aggressive offensively and defensively going up against other 3's, his best stretchs, and he's had a few here and there, have come when against a SF.

That'd be ideal, but there's not even 15 minutes there.  I agree some of his talents (defense, overpowering players) are wasted at PF, but I don't think we payed him 10 million so we could cut BOTH his and Pierce's minutes.

I think a good idea would to be give Green a lot more minutes at SF in the first half, since Pierce has been absolutely miserable to start games and doesn't start hitting shots until the 2nd half anyway.  See if he can get into a rhythm, and if he plays well enough reward him with some PF minutes (Sullinger's) later on.  It's a win-win because it allows Pierce to play the majority of his minutes in the second half to help us close games.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

He just looks lost out there to me.

The Celtics are like a band all trying to play/learn their respective parts to may nice music .  Practice is painfully making some of them better.  I think JET and LEE and WILCOX and SULLY "GET IT"  and will help the the big three., down the road anyway.

Green on the otherhand is not on same sheet of music , he looks as lost on both sides of the ball. I cringe when I see him in there.  Well, I cringe too, when I see Bass come in when KG sits.  BASS and WILCOX/DARKO need to enter the game at the same time.  This is not rocket science, we would do this good coaching playing CITY LEAGUE.

Maybe its me, but anytime Green does something good, it is almost by accident.

As I've said, i think part of the problem is putting him at the 4. I know they rave about his quickness and that he can beat 4's up the floor, but to me he seems like a guy who wants to use his strength to penetrate, not some quick up post moves on a guy.

He also gets killed on defense the minute the other team goes "Fine, your quicker than our guy. we'll post you up to slow the game down."

When he has had those little stretches where he's looked good, it's been against 3's, who he can generally slash on and use his strength to get to the rim/line. He is also generally quick enough to stay with the SF on defense.

I dunno, it just seems when they play him at the 4, he doesn't want to post, so in the half court he ends up sitting in the corner waiting for an open 3 that never comes. When his matchup is a SF, he tends to iso him and try to get to the rim.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I agree with this. I think the reason Green is struggling have something to do with the position. He have advantage against most SF in the league but have disadvantage against most PF in the league. I don't think his "speed" is enough to play him consistently at 4. Please Doc, enough with the small ball unless it's effective.