Author Topic: Sixers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) 11/9  (Read 30177 times)

Re: Sixers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) 11/9
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2012, 02:08:41 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'd like to see them open up the offense some more. More pace. More pick and rolls. More dribble penetration. Similar to what San Antonio did a couple of years ago.
Docs teams don't dribble penetrate and take it to the rack, nor do they rebound.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2012, 02:46:03 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
It's too bad Doc is stubborn, in postgame he said Darko will remain on the end of the bench and won't be seeing minutes. He loves his small ball ::)

This is seriously depressing news if true...

« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2012, 05:05:27 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
The game revealed that the Sixers are a title-contending team. With Bynum (when he comes back) in the middle, backed up by either Lavoy and Hawes, quarterbacked by Jrue and complemented by wings like Evan Turner, N Young and D Wright, plus coupled by youth, they are a team to reckon with in the playoffs. In fact, they match well against the Heat.

They are so good in team rebounding, scoring in transition, defending the paint and challenging one-on-one every player we had. Frankly, the Doc got out-coached by Doug Collins.

« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The game revealed that the Sixers are a title-contending team. With Bynum (when he comes back) in the middle, backed up by either Lavoy and Hawes, quarterbacked by Jrue and complemented by wings like Evan Turner, N Young and D Wright, plus coupled by youth, they are a team to reckon with in the playoffs. In fact, they match well against the Heat.

They are so good in team rebounding, scoring in transition, defending the paint and challenging one-on-one every player we had. Frankly, the Doc got out-coached by Doug Collins.

Doug Collins could win 2-3 Championships if he was coaching the Lakers right now.  Celtics are lucky he is already employeed

small ball is a joke, if the Celtics had three 25 year old Paul Pierces maybe .  Our main players KG and PP are TOO old to run 40 minutes like a pair of 19 year olds.

This teams needs strong tall bigs and play like LA , is their best chance at sucess.

Doc is heading this team in the opposite direction that will work.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:58:06 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35

Doug Collins could win 2-3 Championships if he was coaching the Lakers right now.  Celtics are lucky he is already employeed

small ball is a joke, if the Celtics had three 25 year old Paul Pierces maybe .  Our main players KG and PP are TOO old to run 40 minutes like a pair of 19 year olds.

This teams needs strong tall bigs and play like LA , is their best chance at sucess.

Doc is heading this team in the opposite direction that will work.

Exactly.

KG and PP should only be playing between 25 and 28 minutes per game and must bring out their best during those  moments while on the floor to be effective and be able to make an impact offensively and defensively. I think KG must go back to playing 4 and has to alternate with either Jared or Bass. We need Darko or Collins or Melo at 5 and let them  use up all their energies and bodies protecting the paint. I also think that PP must come off the bench to sub Green so that Green could find his groove early in the season and watch if he can really bring it on. I couldnt recall in this game if Jeff was assigned against Turner or whoever played the SF on the Sixers side. I remember the Sixers double teaming him everytime he had the ball. Obviously, I believe they have some respect on Jeff's game posting down low on any SF assigned to him.

This Sixers team, when Bynum starts playing for them, is one hell of team. It could beat that LAL team. Dwight wont match well against him. Pau will have his hands full against Hawes and Lavoy. The 1, 2 and 3 players will definitely outrun their counterparts in LAL. Similarly, we wont have any to play against Bynum than any of the 5s I have mentioned to slow and body up on him for the whole game.

« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

mmmm No, the sixers are in no way,shape or form title contenders..theyre another average team that gives the celtics problems.

« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I didn't watch the game but from looking at the comments I can tell
2) Jeff was a no show... again (I'm trying to give him a chance and I'm trying to root for him but either he has to show up or I hope Danny sends him off somewhere for another player who's better)

All in all its 5 games in, but something needs to be done. Jeff needs to watch the interviews from the summer, watch his preseason games heck go back to Georgetown or something and bring the assertiveness and aggressiveness he promised.
Also why do they have big men if they are not going to be used. I just wish the small ball would stop already or at least limit it.

My personal Green lowlight du jour came in the 4th.  The Celts had a made a stop and seemed to have a shot at gaining some momentum.  Green had a path to the hoop.  He went up strong, and looked like he could have dunked it (like he was doing in the preseason).  While in the air he saw a defender closing in , so he twisted away from the hoop, - avoiding contact and screwing up his angle.  He missed the shot badly, stumbled when he landed, got beat down the floor, and saw his man hit a wide open three as a result.

He's got to take the contact there.  I just don't get how that mindset changes.
Yup

« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I didn't watch the game but from looking at the comments I can tell
2) Jeff was a no show... again (I'm trying to give him a chance and I'm trying to root for him but either he has to show up or I hope Danny sends him off somewhere for another player who's better)

All in all its 5 games in, but something needs to be done. Jeff needs to watch the interviews from the summer, watch his preseason games heck go back to Georgetown or something and bring the assertiveness and aggressiveness he promised.
Also why do they have big men if they are not going to be used. I just wish the small ball would stop already or at least limit it.

My personal Green lowlight du jour came in the 4th.  The Celts had a made a stop and seemed to have a shot at gaining some momentum.  Green had a path to the hoop.  He went up strong, and looked like he could have dunked it (like he was doing in the preseason).  While in the air he saw a defender closing in , so he twisted away from the hoop, - avoiding contact and screwing up his angle.  He missed the shot badly, stumbled when he landed, got beat down the floor, and saw his man hit a wide open three as a result.

He's got to take the contact there.  I just don't get how that mindset changes.

Yea, that was awful. I thought he got hit and there was a no call, but on replay he clearly turned to avoid, and while their was a bit of contact, when you turn to avoid like that the Ref is going to give the defender the benefit of the doubt.

Gotta force that contact and try to finish strong.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

mmmm No, the sixers are in no way,shape or form title contenders..theyre another average team that gives the celtics problems.

If they keep bynum healthy (a big if) with turner now playing like a stud and there other pieces, there a second round playoff team.

They are not an "average" team. They are a good young team on the rise. How far they rise will be determined by if turner keeps improving and if bynum can stay healthy.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd like to see them open up the offense some more. More pace. More pick and rolls. More dribble penetration. Similar to what San Antonio did a couple of years ago.
Docs teams don't dribble penetrate and take it to the rack, nor do they rebound.
Right, because it's Doc's fault that Rondo has taking a liking of pounding the life out of the ball.

I was at the game, so I couldn't see a box score in front of me, and from what I could see on the court in front of me Rondo looked like he was having a terrible game. Couldn't get the team into our offence, couldn't make anything happen in critical juncture of the game, forced everyone to take shots against double and triple teams.

I know he's going to get good press because of the 20 assists, but I'd be happy with 10 if he could actually make something happen when we're on a run.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."