Author Topic: Can Avery Bradley turn this debacle around?  (Read 2598 times)

Re: Can Avery Bradley turn this debacle around?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think Avery can help. 

The defense has been terrible.  But why? 

KG, Pierce, and Rondo are all back.  As is Bass.  Courtney Lee should actually be an upgrade over Ray at the 2.  The starting lineup shouldn't be any worse defensively than it was last year at this time.

I think there are a few answers.

1) The team hasn't learned to play defense together, particularly the new players.  This should get better over time.

2) The Sully/Bass 4/5 lineups offer no shotblocking.  I'm all for playing one undersized PF (including Green), but playing 2 at a time at the 4/5 isn't helping. 

3) Avery Bradley.  While he may not solve all problem, he'll certainly help.  For instance, he could've covered Holliday last night, who would've had a much more difficult night.  And that could've been enough to eke out a win. 

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
AB and Wilcox and Jet will go a long way in helping things .Yes , with AB on Holiday last night , the game would have been "MUCH" different. In other words ROndo and KG would have some defensive help.  We might have won that game, but DOc insists on letting Sully and Bass be the "BIG"s , then we are doomed.  DArko /Wilcox need to enter the game when KG sits.

I think we are going to have to have Josh Smith or another TOP Notch BIG that can help KG .  Like Pau with Howard .

Celtics do not have an man of LBJ size and caliber.  Doc is wasting his time trying to be "LIKE Miami"  thats a joke., or young like OKC or Philly.

WIth KG and PP still the MAIN go to guys,...Celtics need to play  "LARGE BALL"  to crush there opponents.

I think m, big intimidation presence inside is the only choice at the monent.  Make all the teams beat us shooting long two and threes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:24:28 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Yes he can definitely help....look, rondo can be a good defender but he gambles way too much. and when you dont have someone who can lock down his man like bradley can, that gambling allows penetration into the paint.

Bradley's defense was a large reason our season turned around last year, heck, KG was calling him their defensive captain

Im not worried right now though. last year we looked like a Mess before the all-star break, and most people on this board were saying we wouldnt even make the playoffs

after that, we became the best defensive team in the league and made it to game 7 of the Eastern conference finals

theres alot of new pieces who arent comfortable in their roles/defensive sets yet. and once they get more comfortable this team will start playing much better

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 12:43:41 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Debacle? We're fine. People need to calm down. We have poor defensive rotations, which should improve as the season progresses. Let's give it a little bit before going into panic mode.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
And I'm also in the Bradley is overrated/being relied on waaaaay to heavily as being a savior. So I don't think he will be able to turn anything around but the team as a whole will. I mean it's five games. We are nowhere near a debacle yet.

this
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
yawn...i remember what people were saying last year at the start of the season.
It's hardly a debacle being 2-3 with this many new players.

Why does it seem that other teams with lots of new players and missing some of their stars -- Knicks, Mavericks for two -- seem to be able to come together and win games early?

I dunno, why is Indiana 2-4? That team is good and is returning alot of the same core.

You think the Bucks or Knicks are as good as their record says they are?

Are the Lakers a Last Place team?

Think the Timberwolves are really as good as their 4-1 record says?

It's 5 games in. I know people want to make snap, in the moment judgements now, but the NBA season is closer to Baseball than it is to football. If we're 4-6 when 10 games are gone, or worse, then I think we need to take a hard look in the mirror. 2-3 I'm not overly concerned.

Would I like them to play better? Yes, obviously. I'm just not in panic mode yet.
Exactly... its like you people have never watched basketball in november before

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
And I'm also in the Bradley is overrated/being relied on waaaaay to heavily as being a savior. So I don't think he will be able to turn anything around but the team as a whole will. I mean it's five games. We are nowhere near a debacle yet.

this

well, i think if you had bradley playing now, the defense for the starting unit would be better because he already knows the rotations..

right now, guys like Lee, Green, sullinger are missing rotations.

BUT, theres no reason to think that they wont improve  over time as they get more comfortable with the defensive rotations