Author Topic: Terry compares Bradley to Payton  (Read 3921 times)

Terry compares Bradley to Payton
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Just saw this article written by Mark Murphy from the Herald.
Here is some interesting quotes;
We were in a 5-on-5 scrimmage, and he was holding his own. He was competitive. He was guarding me and a couple of other pro guys — Jamal Crawford was one of them — and you knew right then that this kid had a competitive fire. And at this point, he wasn’t a top college prospect. He was just a young high school kid.

If it wasn’t me, it was (Mavericks teammate) Jason Kidd, and (Bradley) would literally pick us up full court. One time I asked him in the middle of the game, ‘Come on, young fella, you’ve got to back up a little bit,’ and he said, ‘Man, this is the only way I can stay on the court.'

Bradleys Response: I didn’t know this because I was so into the game, but (Terry and Kidd) didn’t want to bring the ball up the court. They had Dirk (Nowitzki) bringing the ball up the court.

I compare Avery to Gary Payton, the way he gets up into you and gets under you. He wouldn’t let you get an inch.
Bradley is a very humble kid hope he stays a Celtic until he retires.

(For yall who wants to read the whole article: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20221107deep_roots_of_defense_terry_watches_bradley_blossom/
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: Terry compares Bradley to Payton
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I had previously used Jordan, Alvin Robertson and Gary Payton to describe Bradley

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I miss Bradley so much. Such a terrific defensive presence.

A defensive leader for the team. Inspires others with his effort / determination.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

If it wasn’t me, it was (Mavericks teammate) Jason Kidd, and (Bradley) would literally pick us up full court. One time I asked him in the middle of the game, ‘Come on, young fella, you’ve got to back up a little bit,’ and he said, ‘Man, this is the only way I can stay on the court.'

Bradleys Response: I didn’t know this because I was so into the game, but (Terry and Kidd) didn’t want to bring the ball up the court. They had Dirk (Nowitzki) bringing the ball up the court.

so it was Terry who said that...for the longest time I thought it was Jameer Nelson who told Bradley to lighten up during a game lol

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »

Kiorrik

and he said, ‘Man, this is the only way I can stay on the court.'
Ah man, that really hit home on me. The guy works hard. Ridiculously hard.

I miss him too. It's so easy to root for someone who tries so hard.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

so it was Terry who said that...for the longest time I thought it was Jameer Nelson who told Bradley to lighten up during a game lol
No, he did too remember those games clearly  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I am getting tired of Jason Terry videos and quotes.
Its time for for action on court for Terry.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think Jameer was crying too hard to form actual words.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »

Kiorrik

I think Jameer was crying too hard to form actual words.
I remember Jameer told him the same thing, and was ridiculed for it :)

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
and he said, ‘Man, this is the only way I can stay on the court.'
Ah man, that really hit home on me. The guy works hard. Ridiculously hard.

I miss him too. It's so easy to root for someone who tries so hard.
TP
Know what you mean, felt the same way about that quote.
Avery is very Humble cant wait to have him back on this team.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:04 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I had previously used Jordan, Alvin Robertson and Gary Payton to describe Bradley
Avery is most similar to Jordan to me defensively. They have a very similar wiry frame and both take the same stance on defense. Did Michael lock down the whole game like Avery does?

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Avery is most similar to Jordan to me defensively. They have a very similar wiry frame and both take the same stance on defense. Did Michael lock down the whole game like Avery does?

Did two people REALLY just compare Avery Bradley to MJ?

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
John Starks is another guy that comes to mind, but Bradley is more skilled physically.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »

Kiorrik

Yeah, 'cuz they think Bradley will be just as successful :p

Just the defensive stance and all that. Yeah. Sure. Why not :)

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Relax dude...they compared the way he plays defense to the way MJ played defense - that is all.  Personally I think that is a fair comparison, becuase right now AB is as good an on-ball defender as anybody in the league.

I don't get why people get so defensive with stuff like this, as soon as a certain glorified player's name gets mentioned it's like someone just detonated a nuke in someone's backyard.