Author Topic: Election day 2012  (Read 31708 times)

Re: Election day 2012
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Didn't understand Obama in Wisconsin yesterday. Thought he had a comfortable lead there.

Same situation there, the Romney guy was claiming that Wisconsin was a tossup as well.

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 562
  • Historical Draft Best Overall/Best Defensive team
  BTW, I was channel surfing for a few minutes this morning and Fox was showing videos of Black Panthers positioned at voting precincts in Philly. Nothing like some government approved voter intimidation to start the day...

That and 70 GOP election officials were booted from election precincts in philly this morning.  A judge has ordered to let them sit though.
Indiana CB Draft, Kevin Durant, Deron Williams, Luis Scola, Robin Lopez, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor, Andrew Nicholson, Shaun Livingston, Markieff Morris, Michael Beasley

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 991
Didn't understand Obama in Wisconsin yesterday. Thought he had a comfortable lead there.
Everything is about turnout at this point and I don't believe WI has early voting right?

Also WI Senate race is very close.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »

Online thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2187
I hope we are not becoming a third world country as far as democracy goes.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42:46 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
Should be noted though, the Black Panthers are not holding weapons like they were in 2008
Indiana CB Draft, Kevin Durant, Deron Williams, Luis Scola, Robin Lopez, Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor, Andrew Nicholson, Shaun Livingston, Markieff Morris, Michael Beasley

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1962
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
  BTW, I was channel surfing for a few minutes this morning and Fox was showing videos of Black Panthers positioned at voting precincts in Philly. Nothing like some government approved voter intimidation to start the day...

"Government approved voter intimidation"? Is this the video of the one guy opening a door for another person? Nothing like making up news stories to drum up racial fear and motivate voters.

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 222
"Government approved voter intimidation"? Is this the video of the one guy opening a door for another person? Nothing like making up news stories to drum up racial fear and motivate voters.
I guess that I intimidated the hell out of three people today at the polls. Where do I turn myself in?

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2030
I guess that makes up for the video I saw of severely understaffed voting places in heavily Democratic areas of Florida.

I wish the government would just take all voting rights laws away from the state, institute a federally funded voter ID law, standardize voting procedures, and hire people to work at the votes places.
You turn 18 you have to get a voter ID, like Selective Service registration. You have to present the ID to vote. All voting booths are exactly the same and tabulated the same. All early voting is exactly the same in every state. All absentee ballots are handled through a national absentee ballot system where all absentee ballots are sent to a national center for confirmation.

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• Frank Ramsey
I guess that makes up for the video I saw of severely understaffed voting places in heavily Democratic areas of Florida.

I wish the government would just take all voting rights laws away from the state, institute a federally funded voter ID law, standardize voting procedures, and hire people to work at the votes places.
You turn 18 you have to get a voter ID, like Selective Service registration. You have to present the ID to vote. All voting booths are exactly the same and tabulated the same. All early voting is exactly the same in every state. All absentee ballots are handled through a national absentee ballot system where all absentee ballots are sent to a national center for confirmation.

I agree that would be ideal

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Sam Jones
I guess that I intimidated the hell out of three people today at the polls. Where do I turn myself in?

Wait for the results of the election. If Obama wins you'll get a full pardon.

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Sam Jones

Funny, I seem to recall your claiming that most voting precincts in the country were so small that the odds of someone going there and not being recognized by someone else was fairly slim. Now I'm seeing footage of tremendously long lines of people waiting to vote.

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2030

Funny, I seem to recall your claiming that most voting precincts in the country were so small that the odds of someone going there and not being recognized by someone else was fairly slim. Now I'm seeing footage of tremendously long lines of people waiting to vote.
Doesn't mean those people don't all know each other.  ;D

As a matter of fact, by the time they get out of those lines, they will probably all be best friends

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 222
Saw lots of friendly faces today at the polling place. There was also a line.

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 11:08:19 AM »

Online Celtics18

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1105
TPs to all my fellow voters.

No lines and no Panthers at my voting center.  No Navy Seals, either.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:22:10 AM by Celtics18 »
Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers  DKC General Manager

Ray McCallum/Dennis Schroeder/Marquis Teague
Tyreke Evans/Jeremy Lamb/Chris Johnson
Giannis Antetonkounpo/Darrell Arthur/Victor Claver
Kelly Olynyk/Brandan Wright/Erik Murphy
Nerlens Noel/Timofey Mozgov/Andrew Nicholson

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 138

As opposed to Robocalls from one candidate pretending to be the other, directing the that candidates potential supporters to the wrong polling centers?

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/20121105arizona-jeff-flake-robocalls-demmocrats-complain.html

The whole voting system is a Joke, and needs serious reform. It seems as if both parties like it antiquated and easily manipulated however.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog