Author Topic: Former Celtics killin it.  (Read 6865 times)

Re: Former Celtics killin it.
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 03:45:23 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Of all the former Celtics that are on an NBA roster, I'd only want Perk, TA and Gerald Green on this team. Wishing the best to E'Twaun (and also JaJuan who will be in the D-League), Quisy, Sasha, Delonte, Big Baby, Steamboat and Hollins and even Sheed with the knucklebockers. That guy on Miami, good luck in his personal life, but lots of bad play with the Heatles.

Perk and TA could start right now for the C's, and they do well for their teams, so it's not very likely to watch them in Green for the near future. Gerald is doing fine, he could be a good 2-guard from the bench if he was able to develop his defensive game. The rest... I don't see them helping a lot.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Last year, I thought that Moore was our most reliable pg backup - at least on offense, so it's no surprise to me, that he is doing fine as Jameer Nelson's backup. Also Orlando is a better team, than I would have predicted. They are not playoff bound, but neither do they look like bottom feeders.

I was also on the Stiemsma bandwagon last season, and I agree that he moves really well this season. It would have been nice to see him play alongside KG again.

I don't know about Nate. He brings a lot of energy and is an offensive threat. And since his Celtics days he has been a servicable defender. But I still think that his game is flawed, and that he makes decisions, that are not always based on what is best for the team.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 09:46:40 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I wish Stiemsma was still here. I trust him more than Darko at this point.

I'm with you on this.  I really liked Stiesma and wish he re-signed with us.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah it would have been nice to keep him.

But when the salary cap came down to Terry or Greg I can't argue with the choice.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

would have been nice, but we couldn't afford him, unless we offered him a portion of the MLE (but then no JET).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
picked up Etwaun on my fantasy though...doing wonders for me

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

would have been nice, but we couldn't afford him, unless we offered him a portion of the MLE (but then no JET).

Couldn't we have offered Stiemsma the LLE?

Does that still exist in the new CBA? I think I asked this before and was told that it does but I can't recall any team using the LLE this summer.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
This thread is a shout out to some guys i really wish still wore a green uniform.

Nate Robinson- looks like the best guard on a Rose-less Bulls team

Greg Stiemsma is providing some valuable back up minutes on a good Wolves team. He's moving his body alot better than he was able to with injuries last year and is still a shot blocking beast (no surprise there)

E'Twaun Moore and Big Baby are the two of the best players on the Orlando Magic right now who actually arent playing too bad (undefeated, actually). Wow. Really wish we could have kept E'twaun out of the C-Lee trade but i can see why it was done. Etwaun probably would have been stuck on the bench in bean town anyways, i love seeing what he can do on the court in ORL. And Big Babys got to be in heaven with the amount of shots they're letting him put down there.

Pavlovic, Rasheed, Marquis and O'Neal are also seeing court time regularly in the early stages of the season. I love seeing friendly faces doing well.

And i guess #34 on Miami aint doing too bad either but no one cares.

Etwan's played good so far for the Magic...In two games... On a last place team in the East headed for the top 3 in the lottery.. Not impressed.

Baby is the only center on the magic. Who like previously said are headed for top three in the lottery. Hes getting big minutes so he will obviously put up numbers. Not impressed.

These guys were destined to be major factors on terrible teams. They werent cut out for contenders play.

It shouldn't matter how good your team is if your analyzing individual players. Fact is etwaun has been playing great on both sides of the ball, against top level competition...not second stringers. He was also impressive in preseason. He also showed flashes
In limited time last year. Fact is we probably should have kept him+ added some other filler to trade.  I think Moore is going to seriously outplay AB this year.  Adding that to watching marshon brooks develop while JJ isn't even in the league hurts.

Moore wouldnt have touched the floor for us this year and in a clutch post season situation, I couldnt trust him at this point in his career.

I don't see how you can say Moore wouldn't have seen thr floor this year, when every single other guard has, and he'd be the only guard besides rondo that already knew our system.  Add to that, that his strengths (limited turnovers+ solid shooting), have been two of our glaring weaknesses, and I think he could have had a chance to see good minutes. He played great all preseason running point for us, and we have yet to find a reliable backup point, with rondo forced to play 41 mins a game.  Moore could easily slipped into the backup pg role for us had we kept him.

He dropped another 17 points last night. Every game that passes with the magic being competitive and Nelson on the bench, makes it more likely Moore continues like this, and jameer gets traded (if they can find a buyer).

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Moore didn't do a good job running point for us.

Jameer just signed a new contract for which I'd be shocked if there were takers for till he comes back from injury.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
This thread is a shout out to some guys i really wish still wore a green uniform.

Greg Stiemsma is providing some valuable back up minutes on a good Wolves team. He's moving his body alot better than he was able to with injuries last year and is still a shot blocking beast (no surprise there)

E'Twaun Moore and Big Baby are the two of the best players on the Orlando Magic right now who actually arent playing too bad (undefeated, actually). Wow. Really wish we could have kept E'twaun out of the C-Lee trade but i can see why it was done. Etwaun probably would have been stuck on the bench in bean town anyways, i love seeing what he can do on the court in ORL. And Big Babys got to be in heaven with the amount of shots they're letting him put down there.

Pavlovic, Rasheed, Marquis and O'Neal are also seeing court time regularly in the early stages of the season. I love seeing friendly faces doing well.

Etwan's played good so far for the Magic...In two games... On a last place team in the East headed for the top 3 in the lottery.. Not impressed.

Baby is the only center on the magic. Who like previously said are headed for top three in the lottery. Hes getting big minutes so he will obviously put up numbers. Not impressed.

These guys were destined to be major factors on terrible teams. They werent cut out for contenders play.
lol wassup wit da E'Twaun hate? dude played hard while he was here nd neva really got a chance im enjoyin his play in Orlando cuz I knew he would have a job in da league he's scorin at a nice clip for a 2nd round pick in his 2nd year

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Moore didn't do a good job running point for us.

Jameer just signed a new contract for which I'd be shocked if there were takers for till he comes back from injury.

Moore was looking extremely good running point for us this summer.  Granted summer league isnt the real show, but he was looking a lot more confident and developed before we traded him.  He certainly looked like he took a step up from last season.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFcqGGMPc3k

The only Buzz Killington is this thread is Glen Davis and his 39% shooting from the field! As a center? Thats gotta be the worst number for a big man ever!

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I was gonna bring up Hollins. I've watched 2 Clipper games, and a few preseason ones, and he's kinda killin it, relatively.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!