Author Topic: Avery Bradley's jumper is wet (video)  (Read 9517 times)

Re: Avery Bradley's jumper is wet (video)
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
This is Jason Terry from a few weeks ago. He hits 17 straight threes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmN3-GpbEk&feature=player_embedded

So far this season he's 2 for 7 on threes. Open practice shots aren't really indicative of how well a player will perform in a game.
Another example of a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who better make them wide open in the gym, because his size is a handicap once he's defended during games.

not sure how terry's size has been a handicap considering hes a career 15ppg guy and won 6th man of the year...but whatever floats your boat I guess

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
funny how a simple video of avery bradley shooting and making 3's creates so much anger on this board...not sure why alot of people on this board are so negative towards bradley

should be nice to see a video of Bradley regaining his form shooting 3's after double shoulder surgery..hopefully he can be what he was for us last year

They want Josh Smith, and they think Atlanta is stupid enough to take our lesser players for him.

I know. Who do they think we are the Lakers?

Well what I know is that the Hawks aren't the Magic or the Grizzlies. They aren't run by the mentally challenged.
Joe Johnson?  although they have a new GM.

Much different than the Magic or Grizzlies. Ferry took over after JJ's contract and has actually done a pretty good job achieving his goal of starting from scratch. As for Joe Johnson,

1.JJ's not and never was a superstar/HOF and they were paying him like one.
2.They were desperate to get rid of him for anything because he was badly under-performing for his contract.
3.They got a great deal for him if you ask me. Expiring contracts and picks for an aging 2 guard to help you start from scratch is pretty good.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 03:05:56 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
funny how a simple video of avery bradley shooting and making 3's creates so much anger on this board...not sure why alot of people on this board are so negative towards bradley

should be nice to see a video of Bradley regaining his form shooting 3's after double shoulder surgery..hopefully he can be what he was for us last year

They want Josh Smith, and they think Atlanta is stupid enough to take our lesser players for him.

I know. Who do they think we are the Lakers?

Well what I know is that the Hawks aren't the Magic or the Grizzlies. They aren't run by the mentally challenged.
Joe Johnson?  although they have a new GM.

Much different than the Magic or Grizzlies. Ferry took over after JJ's contract and has actually done a pretty good job achieving his goal of starting from scratch. As for Joe Johnson,

1.JJ's not and never was a superstar/HOF and they were paying him like one.
2.They were desperate to get rid of him for anything because he was badly under-performing for his contract.
3.They got a great deal for him if you ask me. Expiring contracts and picks for an aging 2 guard to help you start from scratch is pretty good.
I was just pointing out that they gave Joe the contract in the first place.  Basically they gave out 80 million dollars for a guy that didn't win, fill the stands, change the culture and wound up getting rid of him for nothing of value.  Compared to the Grizzlies who while getting cleaned out temporarily, are cashing in now with the better Gasol and a possible contender when fully healthy. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So far this season he's 2 for 7 on threes. Open practice shots aren't really indicative of how well a player will perform in a game.
Another example of a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who better make them wide open in the gym, because his size is a handicap once he's defended during games.
JET hasn't appeared handicapped over the years given that he has scored over 16,000 points in his career while shooting 45% from the field and 38% from three.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

JET hasn't appeared handicapped over the years given that he has scored over 16,000 points in his career while shooting 45% from the field and 38% from three.

Seriously. The guy has made more three's than all but 3 players, and his height is a problem? It's been 3 games people. Relax.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 06:08:56 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

I dont think anyone is angry to see Bradley making shots.  I think people just had their hopes raised a little high by the title saying he was "wet", when in fact he made a number of 3s that is probably average at best for his position. 

Add to that, the fact that they were shot in a silent gym, with set up passes, and that he actually shot with poor form, and I think a little criticism should be expected. 

His form might be good for me or you, but he's jumping forwards (ie being off balance leaning towards the basket), shooting with a low release, and seems to often point his toes to the left instead of straight at the basket. 

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

I dont think anyone is angry to see Bradley making shots.  I think people just had their hopes raised a little high by the title saying he was "wet", when in fact he made a number of 3s that is probably average at best for his position. 

Well put. TP.

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52:45 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
This form of practice is ok if Bradley is just loosening up but should incorporate shots from different distances for a real warm up. Not just Tommy Gunning from 3 point range. Most NBA good shooters can hit the same shot with regularity but change the distance each time and watch what happens.