Author Topic: Avery Bradley's jumper is wet (video)  (Read 9481 times)

Re: Avery Bradley's jumper is wet (video)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yeah, he better make every single shot, he's got both his shoulders in their sockets now. Early Bradley Doubters. EBDs.

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
NBA players rarely miss wide open shots when they are practicing.  Just watch any team warm up before a game.  I use to watch Detlef Schrempf warm up before Sonic games and I don't believe I ever saw him miss a shot. 

Bradley had outrageous shooting percentages during his streak in April.  Hope he can return to that, but who knows.
Gotta give you a tp because that was a clip of an average nba guard warming up.  Avery might be my favorite Celtic but that footage is pretty pointless.

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
I agree 100% with your statement.  All you did was post a video of one of the guys on our team.  Your post was just a positive remark. 

TP for you, thanks for posting the video.  Try to ignore the haters.

This is Jason Terry from a few weeks ago. He hits 17 straight threes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmN3-GpbEk&feature=player_embedded

So far this season he's 2 for 7 on threes. Open practice shots aren't really indicative of how well a player will perform in a game.
I for one cant really imagine finding a thread thats not really making any claims or predictions, and then for no reason, just posting a contradictory reponse (when theres nothing to contradict). My mind just doenst work that way.
Its like if someone posted a video of a player working out and said "wow, hes really working hard", and then someone just posted a comment saying "well, it doesnt mean hes actually gonna be any stronger". Its just like, what is the point?

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Show me the Perk highlights where he rarely misses. How about Dwight Howard, Shaq? How about Rondo 2 years ago.

Iguadala. John Wall.

Celtics have some great set/jump shooters like Bass and KG and Sully. Bass and KG are probably nba top 5 or top 10 jump shooters for their positions.

Most defensive stoppers are not known for their sweet shooting touch, so it's pretty sweet. If you can't shoot 60% ft in games, you're probably not making every one in practice.

I'm glad to hear the good news about Avery's recovery. You know it must have been frustrating for him. He Still hasn't ever had a full real preseason.
Bradley was definitely better than Shaq and Howard have ever looked from the 3point line.  Is that a positive for Bradley or just common sense?  He also looks much better than Reggie Evans and Ben Wallace ever have from 3 point land.  I do think Bradley is a good shooter, but I don't think you proved a point by saying he is better than the worst in the league.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 04:20:55 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Holy crap guys this was a feel good thread. Let's stop going gangbusters breaking it down!

If we're talking which is more impressive, shooting warm up 15ft shots or taking (and making) 3s a few months after double shoulder surgery...I'm taking Bradley.

Oh yeah and when Evans learns to play defense I'll care about his practice footage, maybe.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:15 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
NBA players rarely miss wide open shots when they are practicing.  Just watch any team warm up before a game.  I use to watch Detlef Schrempf warm up before Sonic games and I don't believe I ever saw him miss a shot. 

Bradley had outrageous shooting percentages during his streak in April.  Hope he can return to that, but who knows.

Detlef Schrempf was pretty darn good...however Nba players miss wide open shots plenty before games and we've all seen it. This video really doesnt impress me but I know you're one of his biggest doubters or in your mind realists... Bradley will be better, play better, and fit better with the celtics then lee,team defense will dramaticalltly improve and he will be there 4th best player as you like to call Jeff green...book it

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Doc and Danny always said he was a good shooter, but it took that final step of carrying the shot into a game setting to prove to himself and fans what he has.

I imagine Jamar Smith was a awesome shot in practice , but doesn't mean much if you can't get the job done under game pressure.

Ray ALlen has that cold blooded shooters thing.  Once the confidence is there , AB was outstanding.  Bradley has experienced the "TOUCH" under game pressure.  I suspect he won't have alot of problems getting his shot back . His legs are fine so he can get set and has the lift to keep his form.

He seems dedicated to returning to his former self.

Celtics are gonna need his energy and shot come the playoffs.

I hope on day soon he can once again prove why he outplayed Ray Allen.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

They miss all the time in practice. Rarely do they rarely miss.

I watched perk warm up once in 2009 before a game, and he hit 10 15 footers in a row. How's he shoot in game action?

Rondo last year, I watched him hit 3 after 3 before the game.

NBA level players work on their form countless hours. Most of them, as lar said, can hit shots in practice over and over.

I mean take it to the other extreme, you ever see Ray warm up, or pierce? if how they shot in practice had any relation to game action, they'd both shoot high 80's on three pointers.

Now that said, cannot wait to get avery back, and watch how he shoots in game :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
funny how a simple video of avery bradley shooting and making 3's creates so much anger on this board...not sure why alot of people on this board are so negative towards bradley

should be nice to see a video of Bradley regaining his form shooting 3's after double shoulder surgery..hopefully he can be what he was for us last year

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
funny how a simple video of avery bradley shooting and making 3's creates so much anger on this board...not sure why alot of people on this board are so negative towards bradley

should be nice to see a video of Bradley regaining his form shooting 3's after double shoulder surgery..hopefully he can be what he was for us last year

They want Josh Smith, and they think Atlanta is stupid enough to take our lesser players for him.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Don't care how many were going in, but if a lot were, that's a good thing. What I liked seeing was a beautiful shooting form. AB's form was always very good.

I also like that he is healthy enough to be shooting threes for a long period of time without negative effects. Strengthen those shoulders young man. You're needed on the court.

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

They want Josh Smith, and they think Atlanta is stupid enough to take our lesser players for him.

I know. Who do they think we are the Lakers?

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 12:53:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is Jason Terry from a few weeks ago. He hits 17 straight threes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmN3-GpbEk&feature=player_embedded

So far this season he's 2 for 7 on threes. Open practice shots aren't really indicative of how well a player will perform in a game.
Another example of a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard who better make them wide open in the gym, because his size is a handicap once he's defended during games.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Well what I know is that the Hawks aren't the Magic or the Grizzlies. They aren't run by the mentally challenged.

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

Well what I know is that the Hawks aren't the Magic or the Grizzlies. They aren't run by the mentally challenged.
Joe Johnson?  although they have a new GM.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams