Author Topic: Yikes -- more than 1400 tickets for Weds. game available at NBA.com  (Read 3876 times)

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Re: Yikes -- more than 1400 tickets for Weds. game available at NBA.com
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
After the debacle of a game on saturday in DC, I'm not at all surprised.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

This was what it was like for most of last season, and the year before as well.  Non-premium games just don't sell like they did a couple years ago.  The market is saturated by season ticket holders who don't want to go to those games, and you have tickets going for a fraction of face value.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:58:27 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Probably not selling mine either then... although if anybody particularly wants to see Washington Wed night and wants 'em face value $42 a piece, section 317 row 8 (near center court), PM me.  Actually I'll sell 'em for $35 a piece if nobody wants face.  I've got up to 4 seats.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

This was what it was like for most of last season, and the year before as well.  Non-premium games just don't sell like they did a couple years ago.  The market is saturated by season ticket holders who don't want to go to those games, and you have tickets going for a fraction of face value.

Yeah, I think I've become one of those STH.  I used to go to a ton of games, but the lack of effort put forth from the celts Friday night and in general against weaker opponents has really turned down my desire to go to as many games.  I walked out Friday night saying to my friends that I wasn't going to another game until playoffs.  Obviously a drunken overexaggeration, but its an idea of how I feel.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Yes -- another season ticket holder feeling the same way as the above poster. It's like the only reason I buy season tickets is for the playoffs and for the premiere games. For the most part, the team just does not give an effort in the other games. At some point, I think this is going to catch up to all sports and the season ticket holders will fade away. Sorry, but 2 seats for $230 a game is way too much pay for what I see on most nights. This might be the last year for me. Really bummed I won't be able to see my tickets for tomorrow night, as they will likely go to waste and the seats will be empty. I find I am donating a lot of my tickets to school groups and other charities for auctions. At least it gives me a tax write off.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:27:23 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Boston fans sick of mediocrity. Save $$ watch Sponge Bob.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The NBA: Where (some) Boston fans lose faith three games into the season.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 10:08:45 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

It's not that they are playing poorly three games into the season... it's that they are playing with the same lack of intensity and effort three games into the season that they did for the first 30 games of last season.  Its a trend and it's not worth paying thousands of dollars to go see regularly.

Losing faith would be thinking our team is bad.  I still think we'll make the playoffs and make a deep run and honestly, have a shot to win it all.  And I can't wait to attend those games.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Boston fans sick of mediocrity. Save $$ watch Sponge Bob.
The celtics aren't mediocre.  They are an elite team.  We'll see that in may and maybe june.

Their regular season effort is far below mediocre.  That's whats troubling.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

How does what I posted translate into "losing faith?"  They have given lousy efforts against weaker teams for the past 4 years. It's not fun to watch and for the last two years has been a waste of money. I have not lost any faith.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
miami also having trouble selling theirs?
http://www.stubhub.com/miami-heat-miami-american-airlines-arena-11-7-2012-4118372?gcid=C12289x470&keyword=NBA+Schedule+Miami+Heat+20121107

I think this is becoming a trend in all sports except for the NFL. Tickets are too expensive and too many games are meaningless.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
miami also having trouble selling theirs?
http://www.stubhub.com/miami-heat-miami-american-airlines-arena-11-7-2012-4118372?gcid=C12289x470&keyword=NBA+Schedule+Miami+Heat+20121107

I think this is becoming a trend in all sports except for the NFL. Tickets are too expensive and too many games are meaningless.

That, and the evolution of watching in the comfort of your own home.  Especially for a Wednesday night game against a less than premier opponent, more and more people would rather watch it on their comfortable couch, in front of their 50" plasma, rather than going through the hassle and costs of going into the game. 

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
There is still nothing like the atmosphere and excitement of going to see sport live.

You can't replicate that in your lounge room no matter how hard you try.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?