Author Topic: Yikes -- more than 1400 tickets for Weds. game available at NBA.com  (Read 3881 times)

Re: Yikes -- more than 1400 tickets for Weds. game available at NBA.com
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 02:52:52 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
There is still nothing like the atmosphere and excitement of going to see sport live.

You can't replicate that in your lounge room no matter how hard you try.

Absolutely.  I completely agree.  But when you are talking 43 games a year for season ticket holders, the individual games lose a little excitement.  And for people who are buying tickets for a single game, they are going to choose a premium game, not a random game against the Wizards on a Wednesday night.

Now, in 2008, every game was a premium game, because it had been so long since the team was good, and there was a lot of excitement to see them play, no matter who the opponenent was.  But each year since, the excitement has been fizzling out, and the demand dries up.  Everyone wants the premier games, and suddenly there is no market for the other games.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The NBA: Where (some) Boston fans lose faith three games into the season.

How does what I posted translate into "losing faith?"  They have given lousy efforts against weaker teams for the past 4 years. It's not fun to watch and for the last two years has been a waste of money. I have not lost any faith.

Actually I wasn't pointing my finger at you, vinnie.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
With this team being playing as it has in the past couple years (agonizing, lack of effort, maddening) I can see this as being the case.

After the draft and FA acquisitions in the offseason I was really hoping to see a more invigorated, energetic, complete effort given team, but this appears to not be the case. If you can come out and play that way in the home opener, how do you expect me to want to go to Portland from Seattle and drop $400.00 to do so if you barely seem to care about the game as much as I do?!?!

Maddening!

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
arggg...wish I could go ......but its comfortable being where I'm at , I don't miss the snow

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
cuz nobody wants to see da Kevin Seraphin led wizards play lls