Author Topic: One day to go in the 2012 election cycle...  (Read 9852 times)

Re: One day to go in the 2012 election cycle...
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »

Online nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1994
The television ads here in Florida are a nightmare. For every commercial selling a product or company, there are four political commercials. Luckily I only have the cell. I can't imagine what life must be like with a land line phone down here.
2015 CB HISTORICAL DRAFT: COMING THIS OCTOBER
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »

Offline Cman

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 230
I live in Ohio.  It has been a nightmare for months.  All the tv and radio ads, flyers, etc.  It is out of control when you live in one of the few states that actually matters (to determine the election).  One day last week, I literally had in my mailbox, 6 flyers from Romney and 5 from Obama.  In the same day.  I received 7 Romney flyers in one day a few weeks back and the very next day had 6 from Obama.  Last week I received what I thought was a magazine, but it was like a 10 page color and nicely put together booklet from Obama.  The amount of money spent just to mail and produce that stuff is obscene and could probably feed all of the homeless in the U.S. for a year.

Wow. I imagine it also depends on where in Ohio you live. As I understand it, some areas are clearly "red" or "blue", so there isn't as much focus there as in other areas.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 12:17:24 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 352
Obama is speaking outside the WI capitol right now. Not sure why he needs to rally people in Madison of all places.

At least he'll be gone by the time I'm done with work.

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1907
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This guy is getting in a little late, but he's building up steam:

www.cracked.com/video_18490_a-campaign-ad-most-electable-candidate-ever.html

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: [http://tinyurl.com/le7qem2]Link

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
How long until Media shifts its focus to 2014 elections?  Campaigning never stops in America.

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 888
How long until Media shifts its focus to 2014 elections?  Campaigning never stops in America.

I think fundraising for 2014 has already started! I mean, they can't actually believe that asking me for donations today will have any influence at all on this election, right?

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 352

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »

Online BballTim

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1022
I live in Ohio.  It has been a nightmare for months.  All the tv and radio ads, flyers, etc.  It is out of control when you live in one of the few states that actually matters (to determine the election).  One day last week, I literally had in my mailbox, 6 flyers from Romney and 5 from Obama.  In the same day.  I received 7 Romney flyers in one day a few weeks back and the very next day had 6 from Obama.  Last week I received what I thought was a magazine, but it was like a 10 page color and nicely put together booklet from Obama.  The amount of money spent just to mail and produce that stuff is obscene and could probably feed all of the homeless in the U.S. for a year.

Sadly, you don't have to live in a state that "matters" to get inundated, just near one. NH gets the Boston stations, we get the non-stop ads. (although we "earned" the Brown/Warren ads ourselves)

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »

Online foulweatherfan

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1452

Wow. I imagine it also depends on where in Ohio you live. As I understand it, some areas are clearly "red" or "blue", so there isn't as much focus there as in other areas.

At this stage it's less about "convince you to vote for me" and more about "motivate you to get your lazy butt to the polls to vote for me".  So the heavy red/blue areas may actually be getting more attention.

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »

Offline action781

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 273
.................to the
Assistant ^ General Manager for the Pawnee Pacers

Tony Parker, Courtney Lee, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol
Jeff Teague, Paul George, Trevor Ariza, Chuck Hayes, Channing Frye
Kemba Walker, Andres Nocioni, Jason Collins

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 644
  • What a Pub Should Be
Cannot wait for this election to be over.

Done with all the political crap clogging my news feeds on FB & Twitter. 

Makes rational people say irrational & outragoeus things.  Politics really does bring out the ugly & worst in some people.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »

Online LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 700
If Obama wins, I expect the right-wingers to double down on their Obama derangement syndrome and do much more whining than they have in the past four years.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

Offline Cman

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 230

At this stage it's less about "convince you to vote for me" and more about "motivate you to get your lazy butt to the polls to vote for me".  So the heavy red/blue areas may actually be getting more attention.

Yes, good point. I thought about this after I posted.
In any case, I'm with all y'all. Can't wait for it all to be over, and I'm just hoping it is really over on Weds morning....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
If Obama wins, I expect the right-wingers to double down on their Obama derangement syndrome and do much more whining than they have in the past four years.
Maybe people but not those in office.

I get the feeling that if Obama wins the Republicans in Congress are going to become much more willing to work towards compromise and start getting things moving again through Congress. The hard line stance to make sure Obama accomplishes nothing and isn't re-elected won't be necessary and their own jobs might be on the line if they continue with an attitude of not wanting to work with Democrats.

Heck, with an Obama win, the whole Republican Party might be looking at major change to ensure they can relate to more moderate and independent voters. A step away from the hard right stances, platforms, leadership and Presidential candidates could be in the future over the next four years, if Romney loses.
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Bob Cousy
Cannot wait for this election to be over.

Done with all the political crap clogging my news feeds on FB & Twitter. 

Makes rational people say irrational & outragoeus things.  Politics really does bring out the ugly & worst in some people.
Oh come on Dons. I say ugly, irrational and outrageous things all the time. It has nothing to do with politics. ;) :D ;D
FORMAT:
3 players from 1960-73
3 players from 1974-86
3 players from 1987-00
3 players from 2001-Pres
1 player from any era

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog