Author Topic: One day to go in the 2012 election cycle...  (Read 14053 times)

Re: One day to go in the 2012 election cycle...
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I was just polled, yet again, this time by FL. Republicam headquarters, so they said.  He (the caller) wanted to know if I was  voting tomorrow.  I said I hadn't decided yet.  He was incredulous and asked what the problem was.  I told him that I hadn't decided who to vote for yet.  Since I am listed as a member of the Rep. party, I guess he didn't know what to say....dead silence...and then finally a "Thank you for your time."

He was probably somewhat stumped by the decision. If you're a republican and you haven't decided to vote for Romney, maybe he shouldn't push you towards the polls.

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »

Offline D Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 241
I am a fiscal conservative...so I can only say for sure who I will not be voting for.

I'll be curious how many Fiscal Conservatives stray from the right this time around, with the GOP candidate's budget plan looking much riskier than the incumbentís. 

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »

Online thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2557
I am a fiscal conservative...so I can only say for sure who I will not be voting for.

I'll be curious how many Fiscal Conservatives stray from the right this time around, with the GOP candidate's budget plan looking much riskier than the incumbentís.
You think it looks riskier?   I think nothing looks scarier than Obama's spending spree....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »

Offline D Dub

• Ray Allen

You think it looks riskier?   I think nothing looks scarier than Obama's spending spree....
By shear lack of information alone, I find the GOP plan sketchy. That, and I don't think its good business to borrow more money for another round of 1%er tax cuts. 

Less tax revenue + Increased defense spending + Tearing apart healthcare = a balanced budget??

That math just isn't there, and Romney hasn't given any specifics to illustrate otherwise.   

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 07:15:32 PM »

Online thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

By shear lack of information alone, I find the GOP plan sketchy. That, and I don't think its good business to borrow more money for another round of 1%er tax cuts. 

Less tax revenue + Increased defense spending + Tearing apart healthcare = a balanced budget??

That math just isn't there, and Romney hasn't given any specifics to illustrate otherwise.   
Higher tax revenue, higher spending...worry about the debt tomorrow.  That sound like a better plan?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27978
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Higher tax revenue, higher spending...worry about the debt tomorrow.  That sound like a better plan?

Yeah...  Trillion dollar deficits used to be unheard of.  Now, they're the "new normal" under Obama.  Nobody wants to make a tough decision, so the decision is to throw more money at it (and, if money gets low, print more money!)

I understand why some find it distasteful, but I really do hope *for the good of the country* that Obama loses.  Between the Supreme Court and the debts we'll be passing on to our children and grandchildren, I really do see this election to be of monumental importance.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5151
For all Obama's spending he has decreased the yearly deficit every year he has been in office and never once had a deficit year as that of Bush's last fiscal year.

He has proposed cuts in spending and more efficient spending in healthcare and military spending.

His proposal is for higher taxes for very few Americans, higher revenues, lower and more efficient spending leading to economic growth, more jobs, less unemployment, higher property values, a stronger housing market, a stronger stock market and lower deficits. His plan makes sense and is showing signs of working. It just depends on whether you trust him to follow through with what he says or agree with his economic theory.

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »

Offline D Dub

• Ray Allen

To me, the economy feel a lot more secure right now than it did after 8 years of GOP policy.  We were left at the brink in 2008, and slowly but surely turned it around. 

Now, growth may not be happening as fast as some like; but I feel that's much safer than the boom/bust style growth the GOP wants to initiate through massive deregulation. 

I don't want to go back to trickle down, just don't trust those at the top of private corporations to make decisions in the best interest of America. 

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »

Offline D Dub

• Ray Allen
Between the Supreme Court and the debts we'll be passing on to our children and grandchildren, I really do see this election to be of monumental importance.

Agreed on the Supreme Court nominations.  That court going farther right would really be on the wrong side of the civil rights movement.

These 'Small Government' concepts apparently only apply to white males. 
Women, Gays, & Latinos on the other hand... 

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 5151
just don't trust those at the top of private corporations to make decisions in the best interest of America.
Nor should you. Those at the top of corporations make decisions in the best interest of their shareholders and the bottom line, not America.

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 348
For all Obama's spending he has decreased the yearly deficit every year he has been in office and never once had a deficit year as that of Bush's last fiscal year.

He has proposed cuts in spending and more efficient spending in healthcare and military spending.

His proposal is for higher taxes for very few Americans, higher revenues, lower and more efficient spending leading to economic growth, more jobs, less unemployment, higher property values, a stronger housing market, a stronger stock market and lower deficits. His plan makes sense and is showing signs of working. It just depends on whether you trust him to follow through with what he says or agree with his economic theory.

...and that's without even getting into the social issues (equal pay for women, pro choice, immigration, etc).

More importantly, Nicks first statement can't be overemphasized enough: the deficit has decreased under Obama.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:13 PM »

Online thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Between the Supreme Court and the debts we'll be passing on to our children and grandchildren, I really do see this election to be of monumental importance.

Agreed on the Supreme Court nominations.  That court going farther right would really be on the wrong side of the civil rights movement.

These 'Small Government' concepts apparently only apply to white males. 
Women, Gays, & Latinos on the other hand...
I dont know how many women you have polled on this, but I have to tell you that I am a woman, you didn't ask me.  I agree with conservative justices.  I also agree with smaller government.  (Before you jump...I did NOT say No government...I said smaller.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Obama was in office for about 3/4 of "Bush's last fiscal year". I don't think George deserves the "credit" for the spendulous bill.

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

People should consider Obama's budget claims before he was elected before they use "the math just isn't there" about Mitt's plan. I don't seem to recall him talking about trillion+ dollar deficits every year.

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 348
Big hope over the next few days: people remain civil and respectful to each other.
Celtics fan for life.