Author Topic: KG Moves  (Read 3372 times)

KG Moves
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
KG in the most predictable offensive player in the NBA. Just one time, instead of the fade away, up fake and go toward the player/hoop!

I don't understand how he hasn't developed an up and under move in his 18 years in the league.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: KG Moves
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
KG in the most predictable offensive player in the NBA. Just one time, instead of the fade away, up fake and go toward the player/hoop!

I don't understand how he hasn't developed an up and under move in his 18 years in the league.
He just can't do that anymore.  Doesn't have the quickness and agility to do that at 36 years old with questionable knees.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
KG had a good amount of moves when he was younger.  Most of them he can't do now.  The one move he should have learned was a hook.  The least he could do is turn and fade over the correct shoulder more often.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I don't see how that matters. He might be the most predictable offensive player, but his defenders still can't guard him no matter what they do. When KG misses, it's him missing, not the defender forcing him to miss. He makes those turnaround post-up jumpers. The fact that he missed it without a hand in his face shows that it's him missing the shots in the game, not the defender forcing him to miss.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:00:43 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Here ya go, just shows that he once had some ability  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQVYrtnYzs

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I don't see how that matters. He might be the most predictable offensive player, but his defenders still can't guard him no matter what they do. When KG misses, it's him missing, not the defender forcing him to miss. He makes those turnaround post-up jumpers. The fact that he missed it without a hand in his face shows that it's him missing the shots in the game, not the defender forcing him to miss.
This.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would love to see KG once...Just once. ONCE! Make a move to the basket. Once! Thats all I ask.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Here ya go, just shows that he once had some ability  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQVYrtnYzs

You know who needs to watch this video more than anyone? KG himself. With a simple up fake once and a while, the guy would create enough space on a defender to obtain at least a half step thus giving him a shot toward the basket. I'm not buying the too old excuse, I see enough of him on the defensive end to convince me he still has the athletic ability to take a step toward the basket. It is offensive stagnation or something.

The man is settling on a change up when he needs to mix in a fastball once and a while. For the love of God.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I miss the old post up KG.

I just noticed, them post players, the older the player gets the more they tend to shoot those jumpers/turn around fade aways (Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Rasheed Wallace, KG). I just don't know why? I think KG is still athletic enough to do those up and under moves.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It seems like he used to use post moves on Minny because he was expected to carry the offensive load.  Once he came to the Celtics it seems like he just takes the open shots that the defense gives him. 

KG still has enough athletic ability and smarts to be an offensive force if he had that mindset. But he's not going to change now.

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
He's done it a few times in the past 3 games. Okafor bit on the upfake and fouled him on the drive

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I just noticed, them post players, the older the player gets the more they tend to shoot those jumpers/turn around fade aways (Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Rasheed Wallace, KG). I just don't know why? I think KG is still athletic enough to do those up and under moves.
why because he doesnt have the lift that he had in his younger days and will get blocked
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

why because he doesnt have the lift that he had in his younger days and will get blocked

Im not talking about the power one handed stuffing facial dunks.

I have never seen KG do those up and under moves no more. Those were deadly back then as you never know if he's really shooting or faking. It's all about fading away now, which I have no complains. Im just saying digging in his bag of tricks should help him even more.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We could use some post offense.  KG could do it but will he, signs point to no.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Maybe because his turnaround is unguardable? That is a post move. Probably the most effective in the league.