Author Topic: Are we showcasing Sully?  (Read 7932 times)

Are we showcasing Sully?
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:42 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
??

Re: Are we showcasing Sully?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 02:08:03 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Nope, he's just a better passer than Bass, attacks the rebounds, and will only get better.

The team has a better chance of winning if he is playing.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:10:21 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
As an unlicensed and non-practicing psychoanalyst, my first note on paper is "patient may have passionately doubted Sullinger's ability to start and play 30 minutes so soon in his career, if ever."

psycho-analysts can be snide like that sometimes. Dang, you think Danny and Doc be hating on Sully right out da gate?

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 02:12:50 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think it's possible, not likely.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:59:16 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
100% yes we are.
Put him out there giving him easy looks. Let him start against bum teams and boost his minutes with Rondo hand feeding him points. Soon he'll be at 10 points a game.

He is being put on display so teams can choose from him, Bass, Avery and Melo.
I've said it again and of course I could be wrong but my gut feeling is that Avery and Bass are being moved 100% this season at the deadline OR in the off season next year.

I'd say depending on who we can get back in return that Sullinger is there for the taking if you're willing to give us what we need- even Jeff Green is in the same boat, but that's unlikely in my eyes. (yes he has the monster salary but he has a skill set that's harder to acquire in the mission to match Lebron and Wades speed and strength combo in the East as a horse that can gallop with Rondo).

Yes he's being shopped around already.
Guys like Sully and Avery perfect trade chips. Bass is a glue guy for a second tier organisation like the Hornets, Cavs, Hawks, Suns, Bobcats or Jazz.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 03:59:16 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
with the way some guards are scoring lately Id be keeping Avery around for a loooooooong time

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
With Danny everyone is being showcased all the time.  No one is untouchable.

I think Doc is experimenting though plain and simple.   Bass can't create shots like Sully can.   Sully has that great basketball IQ and can pass well creating shots for KG.   Doc is trying to get KG going.  Sully is a guy we are going to need down the stretch and they are trying to develop him too.  He is a really strong rebounder and if you noticed he played some C when Bass came in.     Young legs have to play on this team, period or we are dusted.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Nope..not dat boy.   Sully is Doc newsest "son" , he is the only true rebounder on the team. It would have to be one SWEET deal for DA to trade 20year old Sully off. An't happening.

Getting Sully kinda offsets the Jeff Green fiasco .

Green will be dumped before Sully and AB ( doc's kids) ;D

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:01:36 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think there's a lot of sense in "showcasing" a rookie three games into the season.

Rather, I think Doc is looking for ways to improve our lineups.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Right now Sullinger is the most productive big after KG overall. Bass may score a little more and understand the defense, but Sullinger gives us rebounding we really lack otherwise.

When Sullinger gets our defensive rotations down he will an even bigger force. It will take an offer of an All Star level big to pry away Sullinger.

Aint gonna happen IMHO.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 09:15:31 AM »

Offline QuickT

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
Have to say that I've come to an early conclusion on Sullinger.  This guy will not be an impact player, regardless of his ability to "old school rebound."  He simply does not have NBA athleticism.  His feet are so [dang] slow.  It's sad.  I would seriously rather give Melo the time despite his total inexperience.  The investment has so much more potential.

Jeff Green -- A guy who realizes that it would be better to be aggressive and then tries to be so.  Unfortunately that does not equal a guy who is actually aggressive.  That said, I'll hope he breaks through and just keep hoping until he leaves town.

Jason Terry -- Not sure.

KG -- Another year older.

Pierce -- Another year older. 

Darko -- Um, try putting him in the game for the love of God.  Can someone please protect the rim around here?

Barbosa -- Our actual big off-season pickup happened at the last minute for the vet minimum. 

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 09:33:30 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
or maybe sullinger in the starting lineup just gives us the best chance to win...hes probably our best rebounder after KG..and putting bass on the bench gives it a scoring punch

I have a feeling by mid-season Sullinger will be averaging around 10ppg

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
KG  plays better next to someone who can muck it up in the paint.  Sully can do that.  Sully needs to get 30 minutes a game and it makes more sense to start him and play him with KG as much as possible, to help make up for his defensive deficiencies. 

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
NO...we are playing him.

Why do so many people think that the Celtics are in trade mode at this time of the season?

You spend the whole off season putting a team together and you think that the GM wants to showcase players he went out of his way to procure so that he can trade them after 3 games of the season.

These notions are just out there strange.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Doc says he thought there were too many scorers in the starting line-up and he wanted a passer/rebounder.  Someone who would get Pierce and KG more shots.

Problem is, the bench has too many scorers to really get the most out of any of them.  Terry, Barbosa, Green, Bass... all offensive role players, all 6th or 7th men offensively.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri